The England Thread

Pilko

:lol:

Has a good record for England but still Welbeck has done nothing of late

Absolutely zilch indeed. Terrible decision if Sterling isn't carrying a knock.

Anyone pumped for the BIG MATCH tonight?

Yeah, I didn't know it was today.

We're playing Peru btw. :lol:

:lol: Do we even advertise friendlies anymore? I swear the last half a dozen I've had no clue about until seeing it in the other games today thread or getting a txt asking if I'm going out for the match, "what match?"

It's not a terrible decision, Sterling will presumably get a run out, may have a knock or something and it's just a friendly. Just surprising to see Welbeck feature at all I guess. He's usually played well for England, still would think Sterling will hook up with Sturridge better.

It's not a terrible decision, Sterling will presumably get a run out, may have a knock or something and it's just a friendly. Just surprising to see Welbeck feature at all I guess. He's usually played well for England, still would think Sterling will hook up with Sturridge better.

That's my point. Unless he's got a knock, I see no reason not to be giving a good 60-70 minutes for that Liverpool connection to blossom in the national team. Just doesn't make sense.

Welbeck does tend to play alright for England, that's true. But he really shouldn't be starting, especially after doing absolutely nothing to justify it at club level.

Welbeck over Sterling. :dowiespin:

Hart; Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines; Gerrard, Henderson; Lallana, Rooney, Welbeck; Sturridge

http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/roy.jpg

Actually looking forward to this.

@DietmarHamann: Sterling and Barkley would go straight into Germany's team. They must have a chance getting into England's.

Really?

13398268835_97bfa15859_o.gif

:lol:

Hamann off his tits.

I don't mind the team at all. I'd probably have Sterling over Welbeck, purely because I think our best bet is to pretend to be Liverpool. But I'm sure Welbeck can do a decent job in this system, given he's got other strikers around him who can actually score.