The England Thread

Pilko

Nobody else detecting a hint of sarcasm on Rio's part, like?

I don't think Rio understands what the word sarcasm means, let alone how to implement it.

Hey, he managed to develop a whole programme of merkage. I think you underestimate him.

Ar christ aye, I totally forgot about that. Wayne Rooney at the vets with the kids dog and that.

Rio is basically just a real-life version of this man:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/75145129.jpg?key=400600&Expires=1337184281&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=iegLIfrc1-p~kyiKqa77GCtT3w9I6YIyEBk6mpTc2lmUccY-EZ~SmMwqUaPXrwHCaUcRV9O90a8kccf5WQeq8iKkLci7R7U2pTteObSIRr~FPCfjLgFYpLAjroxWVTwFuNPg~X3MdBDJqUEUMd2aLO5MCXtWtktFielhpWiKi~E_

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Hodgeson but fuck me what a car crash of a squad that is. I'm finished with England like, come on France :lol:

Having said that, we'll probably do well.

I honestly believe England will do very well this time. Probably reaching the final. Done the maths today and the way to the final could be doable depending on how some other teams do.

I honestly believe England will do very well this time. Probably reaching the final. Done the maths today and the way to the final could be doable depending on how some other teams do.

Whatever you're on, I'll take two.

Guest palnese

They will not even get out of their group, imo :lol:

Thing was always that the level of expectations were far, far too high before any tournament really. This time it'll probably be a bit different as people will expect them to drop out early.

Anyways, time will tell.

Thing was always that the level of expectations were far, far too high before any tournament really. This time it'll probably be a bit different as people will expect them to drop out early.

Anyways, time will tell.

Probably sneak 2nd in the group and then bow against a decent QF opponent. No shame in that either.

Just a shame there isn't a couple more young ones getting tournament experience ahead of some of the old/shit guard.

Quite the shocking conclusion. :lol:

Just a shame there isn't a couple more young ones getting tournament experience ahead of some of the old/shit guard.

That's my major grievance about the squad, too.

Quite the shocking conclusion. :lol:

Knew that that was coming. :lol:

Just seen the squad.

Why the fuck is John Terry, Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll in there? (Plus why the fuck is Jordan Henderson on standby?!). Yep, England are screwed this summer.

Just seen the squad.

Why the f*** is John Terry, Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll in there? (Plus why the f*** is Jordan Henderson on standby?!). Yep, England are screwed this summer.

Terry is still arguably our best CB and Carroll is our best target man.

Mystery solved?

just seen the squad. my god.

:jones:

can't believe the best english midfielder by a mile this season, Carrick, didn't make it. the guy was basically Man Utd's player of the season if you look at who their fans have voted for. a class above Barry, and while Parker has his uses as a pure destroyer, he is pathetically limited on the ball. the midfield is just cringe-worthy - and i'm disappointed Scholes isn't there - i would've thought appointing Neville could've been used to guarantee his presence. what the fuck that charlatan James Milner is doing in there is beyond me. And Henderson. Jordan Henderson, on the reserve list. a sick joke.  :jesuswept:

Not sure why Phil Jones is in there, he's looked lost recently and while he's talented he doesn't have a set position on the field. He hasn't played centre-half all season and as a RB Richards is far, far better (and can probably cover CB more competantly as Jones is too rash and raw). Seems to have come along for verstality which i can understand, just think Richards is a better candidate. So that leaves just 3 centre-halves - Terry, who has been a fucking joke in some recent matches and simply cannot defend a high line to save his life, along with Cahill and Lescott who should probably be the starting duo. I'd have taken Ferdinand ahead of Terry after what the latter did to disrupt the camp at the last world camp.

and sewelly's goals and assists charts shows that Adam Johnson should be in there ahead of Downing - who would easily make a Premiership Worst XI for this season. You have to build a squad with balance -that means some players pencilled to start games, and others that you bring along as impact players who can come on, add something different and change a game. and that's a role Johnson has performed all season, a super sub, and has shown he can deliver end product doing that.

Makes you wonder like, how badly is Fraser Forster thought of if he's behind Jack Butland in the pecking order, who as far as I know isn't even Birmingham's first choice. At least Forster has played consistently for Celtic.

just seen the squad. my god.

:jones:

can't believe the best english midfielder by a mile this season, Carrick, didn't make it. the guy was basically Man Utd's player of the season if you look at who their fans have voted for. a class above Barry, and while Parker has his uses as a pure destroyer, he is pathetically limited on the ball. the midfield is just cringe-worthy - and i'm disappointed Scholes isn't there - i would've thought appointing Neville could've been used to guarantee his presence. what the fuck that charlatan James Milner is doing in there is beyond me. And Henderson. Jordan Henderson, on the reserve list. a sick joke.  :jesuswept:

Not sure why Phil Jones is in there, he's looked lost recently and while he's talented he doesn't have a set position on the field. He hasn't played centre-half all season and as a RB Richards is far, far better (and can probably cover CB more competantly as Jones is too rash and raw). Seems to have come along for verstality which i can understand, just think Richards is a better candidate. So that leaves just 3 centre-halves - Terry, who has been a fucking joke in some recent matches and simply cannot defend a high line to save his life, along with Cahill and Lescott who should probably be the starting duo. I'd have taken Ferdinand ahead of Terry after what the latter did to disrupt the camp at the last world camp.

and sewelly's goals and assists charts shows that Adam Johnson should be in there ahead of Downing - who would easily make a Premiership Worst XI for this season. You have to build a squad with balance -that means some players pencilled to start games, and others that you bring along as impact players who can come on, add something different and change a game. and that's a role Johnson has performed all season, a super sub, and has shown he can deliver end product doing that.

Agree with all of this.