The England Thread

Pilko

Guest firetotheworks

imo SWP, Lennon and Young are all the same player really. Pace and a bit of skill, but not good enough for this level. The juries still out on Walcott for me.

Guest firetotheworks

Id like to see Wes Brown have a decent game today. I think he's a much better option down the right than Johnson personally, and I haven't really understood why he hasn't played for England there regularly before.

Nostradamus I am.

"So many options for England on the right hand side"

Aye, but none of them good enough to make the place their own.

Walcott's position, if/when he's fit enough, you'd think.

They're all much of a muchness, tbh.

It's between him and Lennon for me. SWP wouldn't even get a sniff if they were both fit, he's been disappointing time and time again for England unfortunately. He's went down the pan generally, really, since he was tearing it up at Man City.

Guest firetotheworks

For all the talk about what a great coach Capello is, I don't think Ive ever seen as many individual mistakes from a group of England defenders as we have over the last 12 months.

It's puzzling. I dont think we're playing in a way that welcomes individual mistakes either. The players just seem nonchalant on the ball. Particularly Gareth Barry.

Lennon's final ball is improving, Walcott's has been stagnant for some time.

Walcott's suffered with injuries recent times, basically, it's definitely hindering him but he has had some exceptional games for club and country when he has been fit.

I agree that Lennon is improving as well, and I like him a lot, I just think if it was between the two of them and they were both fit and on form, Walcott would get the nod.

And here comes Hulk, lovely to watch for Porto.