The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Roger Kint

Imagine how many people that must have gone through before it was printed. They know it's boneheaded, but their readers are boneheaded.

Considering this bollocks is their back page story of outrage they are thicker than all their readers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2014/5711840/Greg-Dyke-in-A-Death-in-Brazil-gaffe.html

GREG DYKE was guilty of another major blunder last night — as he was caught reading a book called A Death In Brazil while England’s flops trained.

:lol:

Front page story is that a headteacher took a week off to go to the World Cup :lol:  Glad we live in a time where there are no more pressing issues in the world.

:lol: Surprised its not a full front page pic of Coleen actually

Sorry if said before

Sir Stevie G OBE reckons the reason why we're so shit is because of 'the money' and a small talent pool  :mou:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27994925

Yawn, convenient excuse. No mention of the lack of quality coaches at grassroots level, the over-competitiveness of youth academies and leagues (of which I have first-hand experience), the lack of a footballing identity and style at all levels aside from percentage filth and athletic prowess, the lack of confidence and 'can-do' attitudes at the highest level (severely ingratiated into many of our players' psyche), a manager (albeit a very likeable and educated one) that simply got his tactics wrong (if you're gonna pick half the Liverpool squad then at least emulate them in some ways, especially in an attacking sense) and didn't really have the foresight to mix it up slightly. We have enough good lads in this country, we could do with some more obviously but we've got a decent pool in my opinion...it's just by the time they reach 12 years old their technicality and creativeness is stifled and coached out of them by beer-swigging, pie-eating, dribbling mongoloids from Yorkshire on a Saturday morning.

Costa Rica population around 5m. Uruguay around 3m. Both countries have players who believe in themselves and are willing to take risks from a much smaller talent pool than what we have, they've both got managers who are willing to place their reputation on the line and try something different tactically. If it were up to me, I'd make Hodgson the FA chief and allow him to choose his boardroom (he's got an extensive network of people from the 7+ countries he's managed in let alone the multitude of languages he speaks), and get a young, expansive and creative manager to come in and work closely with Hodgson to help mould and create a footballing style for ourselves at all levels in this country. But would Dyke & co leave their comfortable offices and high salaries for the good of our national sport? No, they wouldn't...and that's part of the problem. We've got too much of a management & department system in this country where it's too easy to shift the blame on others. The FA don't work towards the same goal, they work to keep themselves in a job and pass responsibility onto others (ironically within their own bloody organisation).

I would like to believe we've suddenly play better (not that it matters like) but I'm not really sure.

Bonus for me is I get to travel to Luton, watch it with a client while live tweeting for them, the travel 2 hours across London home. Thanks Roy and the lads.

Absolutely embarrassing if we leave this World Cup without a single win. Must-win game for me. Restore some pride and a bit of optimism for the future with the new generation of players like Barkley and Shaw.

Sorry if said before

Sir Stevie G OBE reckons the reason why we're so s*** is because of 'the money' and a small talent pool  :mou:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27994925

Yawn, convenient excuse. No mention of the lack of quality coaches at grassroots level, the over-competitiveness of youth academies and leagues (of which I have first-hand experience), the lack of a footballing identity and style at all levels aside from percentage filth and athletic prowess, the lack of confidence and 'can-do' attitudes at the highest level (severely ingratiated into many of our players' psyche), a manager (albeit a very likeable and educated one) that simply got his tactics wrong (if you're gonna pick half the Liverpool squad then at least emulate them in some ways, especially in an attacking sense) and didn't really have the foresight to mix it up slightly. We have enough good lads in this country, we could do with some more obviously but we've got a decent pool in my opinion...it's just by the time they reach 12 years old their technicality and creativeness is stifled and coached out of them by beer-swigging, pie-eating, dribbling mongoloids from Yorkshire on a Saturday morning.

Costa Rica population around 5m. Uruguay around 3m. Both countries have players who believe in themselves and are willing to take risks from a much smaller talent pool than what we have, they've both got managers who are willing to place their reputation on the line and try something different tactically. If it were up to me, I'd make Hodgson the FA chief and allow him to choose his boardroom (he's got an extensive network of people from the 7+ countries he's managed in let alone the multitude of languages he speaks), and get a young, expansive and creative manager to come in and work closely with Hodgson to help mould and create a footballing style for ourselves at all levels in this country. But would Dyke & co leave their comfortable offices and high salaries for the good of our national sport? No, they wouldn't...and that's part of the problem. We've got too much of a management & department system in this country where it's too easy to shift the blame on others. The FA don't work towards the same goal, they work to keep themselves in a job and pass responsibility onto others (ironically within their own bloody organisation).

No stevie a big part of the reason is because you completely bottled it and hid when the going got tough.

It's never your fault though Is it?

First game we left Pirlo alone, second game we left a huge gap in midfield. But obviously the players need time to "grow" while Costa rica take apart everyone with a 10 year old from Arsenal upfront.

Reckon the heat might have a say. Knowing us, we might draw tonight & see that as an overwhelming positive going forwards with Roy.

What a pile of wank that entire tournament was. Literally the only positives were that Sturridge looked a good player and nobody did anything stupid off the pitch.

An utter embarrassment once again.

Hodgson's squad selection was pretty poor, he tried to be positive but clearly doesn't have it in him to pick a team to really for another team's throat, and our play was overall way too timid. Most damningly imo Hodgson clearly cannot influence a game from the bench, his subs never made a difference and rather than going for goals when we needed it he normally reinforced the midfield in a safetly first manner.

No excuse about the group considering Costa Rica won it, the players were too relaxed and not focused enough.

What a pile of wank that entire tournament was. Literally the only positives were that Sturridge looked a good player and nobody did anything stupid off the pitch.

An utter embarrassment once again.

It's a transition time for you. It always felt like a halfway team from the moment the squad was announced. No Cole, Defoe, Carrick, or Barry, but Gerrard made the focal point of the midfield. On the plus side, the younger players acquitted themselves very well, Sturridge, Sterling, Barkley especially. All three should be starters in 2018. If they continue their development, Stones and Shaw will replace Jagielka and Baines, respectively, and you also have the likes of Ox, Walcott, Rodriguez, and Redmond to play bigger roles four years from now.

Irrelevant until they change the entire mentality of the team iyam. Our amazing young players will quickly become guarded play-it-safe players just like the rest of the old guard.

:thup:

I just hope this tournament is the final wake up call the FA need to do more in this country. We need to enable better football youth coaching, make more football pitches and get it cheaper of free in more places for kids to play football. On top we've got a huge amount of work to ensure we find a new way to compete, we need to discover a new or amended philosphy that can break teams down without resulting in one off star players or just physical elements like pace/stregth. Also need to work on the mentality aspect as well.

I doubt it will be, the writing has been on the wall for years.

Is there any "Academy of Excellence" out there? Isn't that what was being built in London or something? If you're a kid of any talent, you need to be going through those Academies and dare I say being loaned out abroad or sent out abroad to be developed into professional players if the EPL wants to continue its current trend.

(Will defer to any body and all who actually knows the current state or knows the above is not smart or doesn't make sense)

Guest neesy111

Is there any "Academy of Excellence" out there? Isn't that what was being built in London or something? If you're a kid of any talent, you need to be going through those Academies and dare I say being loaned out abroad or sent out abroad to be developed into professional players if the EPL wants to continue its current trend.

(Will defer to any body and all who actually knows the current state or knows the above is not smart or doesn't make sense)

It's in Burton.