The England Thread

Pilko

When you look at the rest of the squad, it kinda takes the shine off Carroll's call up :lol:

Was just thinking that. :lol:

What should be their proudest career moment so far, is dampened by Bothroyd.

Also wonder how Ashley Cole will react to Carroll after what he said about wanting Cheryl.

Foster

Richards - Jagielka - Ferdinand - Gibbs

Barry - Wilshere

Walcott - Gerrard - Johnson

Carroll

I'd play. Need to see Richards/Foster at this level again.

I wonder why :lol:

:lol: Nah, i want the players who are on the outskirts of the squad, but also that have a realistic Euro 2012 chance, playing as much as possible, including Jagielka, Richards, Foster, Johnson and Carroll.

Barry is the only real choice in that position.

When you look at the rest of the squad, it kinda takes the shine off Carroll's call up :lol:

Also wonder how Ashley Cole will react to Carroll after what he said about wanting Cheryl.

Ashley Cole is a massive coward, he'll say nothing and hate him in his room, probably with a voodoo doll.

well.... if he says anything then he needs his arsehole to be rammed with a sharp pole! (considering he's cheated on her)

I wonder how close Barton actually was to the making the squad before the Blackburn game

if being nowhere near was my house and being selected was brisbane, he was just outside westerhope macdonalds.

I would have said the bottom of your drive, but ok... :laugh:

Its only Wikipedia but just looking at the stats for Chris Smalling. How does that justify a call up to the full national squad ? :dontknow:

Years          Team                        Apps† (Gls)†

2007–2008 Maidstone United    11      (1)

2008–2010 Fulham                    13      (0)

2010–        Manchester United  2        (0)

Its only Wikipedia but just looking at the stats for Chris Smalling. How does that justify a call up to the full national squad ? :dontknow:

Years           Team                        Apps† (Gls)†

2007–2008 Maidstone United     11      (1)

2008–2010 Fulham                     13      (0)

2010–         Manchester United   2        (0)

I'm pretty mad about the lack of Shawcross tbh we need to see him in friendlies, and Cahill because we are not going to have Ferdinand and Terry much longer imo.

I wouldn't have Terry in the squad anymore anyway, and Ferdinand has never really been that 'special' for me.

Cahill is a very good defender and he at least should be there. Shawcross, I won't lose any sleep over.

I don't pay much attention to the championship but I've see Bothroyd play a few times when he was at wolves and I'm staggered he's been selected. Thought he was nowhere near prem standard back then (nor looked like he would get to be)

Very pleased for carroll and I think he could actually be ideal for England. I think he could link up with Rooney given the chance which has always been our biggest problem imo.

Years           Team                        Apps† (Gls)†

2007–2008 Maidstone United     11      (1)

2008–2010 Fulham                     13      (0)

2010–         Manchester United   2        (0)

Pretty much that (According to the FA).

How old is Bothroyd btw? Seems to have been around forever (was at Perrugia at one point wasn't he?). Not exactly young and might drastically improve. Would have more sense checking out Sturridge (probably injured as I have said that) or any young, remotely promising English striker (Ranger ;) ).