Administration?

Parky

...Einstein...

...Socrates...

Woah! What's with the namecalling? Relax, guys. Jesus.

Who you calling Jesus, Ganesh!!

:lol: I've got a little Ganesh on me desk I picked up in India.

I think what they’re getting at is, if you owe £5m for player and then sell him for £4m that doesn’t generate any money for investing in the team, which would be something of problem if we get lucky and manage to shift half the squad.

If Ashley stays we’re nailed on for another relegation scrap.

Well he might have meant that but if he did he's missing the point of administration, because that would generate far less money for investing in the team.

My point is if Ashley wants to sell various assets to make money to keep the club running then he's better off selling them himself then paying administrators to do it.  If he sells them himself he can negotiate the best deal and the entire fee will be available to use as he see's fit.  If he brings administrators in they will then have the power to sell Ashley's assets for whatever price they decide, take a large chunk themselves and decide where they want the money to go (so Ashley may not see a penny of it and he will have no say in that what so ever).

Selling a player for £4 million when you still owe £5m on him isn't desirable no.  However bringing administrators in who may then decide to sell that same player for £3m pocket £250,000 themselves and give the other £2.75m to the club we still owe £5m too is even less desirable!

The point is MA doesn't want to put anymore money in, it would be about him formally letting go of the scenario. Glad to see people have finally understood the players are worth jack shit.

...Einstein...

...Socrates...

Woah! What's with the namecalling? Relax, guys. Jesus.

Who you calling Jesus, Ganesh!!

:lol: I've got a little Ganesh on me desk I picked up in India.

I have one on my windowsill that my mate brought back. I need to go to India soon.

Ashley wont put the club into administration, hell just bleed it dry for as long as he can then shut it down. There wont be any attempt to save the business.

£250 million already sunk - no way will he recover much of that if he does as you say.

Barring any of the cracking conspiracy theories having any substance his best way out of this financially is to sell and limit the damage.

Hes not going to recoup much of it whatever happens. Hes never going to get £100m and the value of the club is decreasing by the day. If he cant sell and he wont put any money in, how is he going to claw back any of his £250m?

I think he could get £100 million for the club, but there could well be an issue if he's expecting to get that as well as getting all his debt back.

Guest fading star

It’ll take about £80m to stabilise the club in the championship. £180m for a solvent mid table championship club is a rip off and I can’t see anybody being that stupid.

I think what they’re getting at is, if you owe £5m for player and then sell him for £4m that doesn’t generate any money for investing in the team, which would be something of problem if we get lucky and manage to shift half the squad.

Well he might have meant that but if he did he's missing the point of administration, because that would generate far less money for investing in the team.

My point is if Ashley wants to sell various assets to make money to keep the club running then he's better off selling them himself then paying administrators to do it.  If he sells them himself he can negotiate the best deal and the entire fee will be available to use as he see's fit.  If he brings administrators in they will then have the power to sell Ashley's assets for whatever price they decide, take a large chunk themselves and decide where they want the money to go (so Ashley may not see a penny of it and he will have no say in that what so ever).

Selling a player for £4 million when you still owe £5m on him isn't desirable no.  However bringing administrators in who may then decide to sell that same player for £3m pocket £250,000 themselves and give the other £2.75m to the club we still owe £5m too is even less desirable!

The point is MA doesn't want to put anymore money in, it would be about him formally letting go of the scenario. Glad to see people have finally understood the players are worth jack shit.

You think he'd rather effectively wash his hands of the club and get almost nothing back, lose almost the entire £250m, then continue to try to get as much of his money back as possible?  He's a greedy man and will not do that, if he doesn't sell quick enough and needs cash he'll sell his own club assets (players) rather then paying administrators to do it.

It’ll take about £80m to stabilise the club in the championship. £180m for a solvent mid table championship club is a rip off and I can’t see anybody being that stupid.

Where are you getting £80m from? ???  Or the knowledge that we'll be mid table.

Guest fading star

£40m overdraft.

£20-25m on new players.

£15-20m on wages for the shit we can’t shift.

Guest fading star

I’d broadly agree with that. Ashley can claw back more money by flogging the clubs assets himself, getting an administrator to do it has no advantages.

The problem here is that some people seem to think administration is compulsory, when it’s only one of two options open to a financially moribund business - the other option being liquidation. 

£40m overdraft.£20-25m on new players.£15-20m on wages for the s*** we can’t shift.

You didn't answer the bit about mid table. And the £40 million overdraft is a figure punted by the News of the World.

You are right though that whoever buys the club needs to expect to find further funds to keep it going, certainly in the short term. However for someone who is prepared to do it properly and, importantly, can afford to do it properly £100 million gets you one of the best supported clubs in the country, and these are supporters who will actually turn up at the matches and not just watch it on tv. And judging from last season they will do that even when they don't have anything to believe in. Since you also get one of the best grounds in the country you are buying an infrastructure that will allow you to play at the highest level - and if you can do your job as owner and get it to that level by running the thing properly and investing in the squad sensibly you don't have all the crap of having to upgrade the facilties. It's an opportunity for sure.  

Going back to Ashley and his options it is hard not to look at anything he does with both scepticism and cynicism however I still see a sale as his best option.

the £40m (if that is the figure) working capital facility is purely to cover the costs you have stated and other upfront outgoings until tv revenue, League money, merchandising money, etc comes in.

The idea is that you can borrow upto £40m, but at the end of the season the amount owed will be back at zero.

Guest fading star

Not according to the Chronicle. They were adamant the new next owners would inherit a £40m overdraft.

We can spin the figures any which way, but at the end of the day NUFC is a basket case. £100m is a joke asking price.

Not according to the Chronicle. They were adamant the new next owners would inherit a £40m overdraft.

We can spin the figures any which way, but at the end of the day NUFC is a basket case. £100m is a joke asking price.

Of course it's a basket case and has been for some years, although some will tell you everything was fine and dandy until Ashley took over....

If £100m is the price and the new owner is expected to service £115k of debt due to Ashley then yes it's a joke.

If the price is £100m with Ashley's debt written off let's see. Just consider what, for example, a club like Everton would have to spend to get a stadium like ours.

Of course it's a basket case and has been for some years, although some will tell you everything was fine and dandy until Ashley took over....

If £100k is the price and the new owner is expected to service £115k of debt due to Ashley then yes it's a joke.

If the price is £100m with Ashley's debt written off let's see. Just consider what, for example, a club like Everton would have to spend to get a stadium like ours.

I know which scenario is more likely,as does,I expect,99.9% of this forum.

£40m overdraft.£20-25m on new players.£15-20m on wages for the s*** we cant shift.

You didn't answer the bit about mid table. And the £40 million overdraft is a figure punted by the News of the World.

You are right though that whoever buys the club needs to expect to find further funds to keep it going, certainly in the short term. However for someone who is prepared to do it properly and, importantly, can afford to do it properly £100 million gets you one of the best supported clubs in the country, and these are supporters who will actually turn up at the matches and not just watch it on tv. And judging from last season they will do that even when they don't have anything to believe in. Since you also get one of the best grounds in the country you are buying an infrastructure that will allow you to play at the highest level - and if you can do your job as owner and get it to that level by running the thing properly and investing in the squad sensibly you don't have all the crap of having to upgrade the facilties. It's an opportunity for sure.  

Going back to Ashley and his options it is hard not to look at anything he does with both scepticism and cynicism however I still see a sale as his best option.

A sale is his best option but being the clueless chancer that he is, he will wait till the last minute hoping to get the best price without realising that every day a sale is delayed will reduce the value of the club as a going concern. This is how the moron operates, we have seen plenty of evidence over the last couple of years.

Guest fading star

If £100k is the price and the new owner is expected to service £115k of debt due to Ashley then yes it's a joke.

The club needed to get it house in order, but it wasn’t a basket case.  It’s a tired argument of no real value.. unless Shepherd returns. 

The confusion over what £100m buys is typical of this regime. Personally I don’t think he’ll write off the £100m, more likely he’ll want some kind of repayment package - £5m a year while were in the fizzy pop, ten million if we go up - something like that.

I think there are quite a few who see the £100million "closing down sale" price on the club's website as being an all inclusive deal. The only person who said the debt is written off is George Caulkin in the Times. But unless Ashley gets lucky (again) he won't get £100 million plus his debt repaid in full.

Not according to the Chronicle. They were adamant the new next owners would inherit a £40m overdraft.We can spin the figures any which way, but at the end of the day NUFC is a basket case. £100m is a joke asking price.
Of course it's a basket case and has been for some years, although some will tell you everything was fine and dandy until Ashley took over....If £100k is the price and the new owner is expected to service £115k of debt due to Ashley then yes it's a joke. If the price is £100m with Ashley's debt written off let's see. Just consider what, for example, a club like Everton would have to spend to get a stadium like ours.
The club needed to get it house in order, but it wasn’t a basket case.  It’s a tired argument of no real value.. unless Shepherd returns.  The confusion over what £100m buys is typical of this regime. Personally I don’t think he’ll write off the £100m, more likely he’ll want some kind of repayment package - £5m a year while were in the fizzy pop, ten million if we go up - something like that.

At 30th June 2007 the club was insolvent ffs - who was going to put up a guarantee to fund it for the next 12 months if Ashley didn't? Shepherd? Douglas Hall?

Guest fading star

I don’t agree but see little point in going over this again. It’s a tired and largely irrelevant debate. Ashey is in charge, our future is in his hands.

I don’t agree but see little point in going over this again. It’s a tired and largely irrelevant debate. Ashey is in charge, our future is in his hands.

You don't agree? It's there in black and white as is Ashley's assurance to the auditors that he'd fund it despite its insolvent position. Tired and largely irrelevant debate maybe.....although your comment that the club needed to get its "house in order" and wasn't a "basket case" is  bollox tbh.

Can't really argue with that.

The asking price would be fair at around 40-50m.

The biggest stadium in oblivion. A new play I'm writing.

Guest Brummiemag

Ive been saying for ages that this cunt is taking us down and down maybe to the third division (league 1) and it will take us 10 years or more to recover. What a wanker he is 

Ive been saying for ages that this cunt is taking us down and down maybe to the third division (league 1) and it will take us 10 years or more to recover. What a wanker he is 

Maybe my rich mans bet cospiracy theory wasn't just about relegation.Perish the thought.

Maybe my rich mans bet cospiracy theory wasn't just about relegation.Perish the thought.

Personally I think he's run out of real money. He might have assets but I doubt he's liquid to any great degree. Hope I'm wrong. I think he started running out of cash last summer hence the bodged sale attempt and the inflated price.