Administration?

Parky

Ashley wont put the club into administration, hell just bleed it dry for as long as he can then shut it down. There wont be any attempt to save the business.

£250 million already sunk - no way will he recover much of that if he does as you say.

Barring any of the cracking conspiracy theories having any substance his best way out of this financially is to sell and limit the damage.

Ashley will keep the club ticking over until its sold, simple as that.  If he wanted money desperately to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in he could easily sell any players he wants for a cut price.  He doesn't need to pay a group of people large sums of money to sell his own assets for whatever they see fit and give him a fractions of the profits.

The dam finally breaks.

tbf this is nufc we're talking about here, odds on mike ashley having spent the last week shooting up heroin in a dark room while "Great Gig in the Sky" plays on repeat before suing himself into administration are pretty much 1:1.

Ashley will keep the club ticking over until its sold, simple as that. If he wanted money desperately to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in he could easily sell any players he wants for a cut price. He doesn't need to pay a group of people large sums of money to sell his own assets for whatever they see fit and give him a fractions of the profits.

Ah reality, I'd almost forgotten what it looked like!

Ashley will keep the club ticking over until its sold, simple as that.  If he wanted money desperately to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in he could easily sell any players he wants for a cut price.  He doesn't need to pay a group of people large sums of money to sell his own assets for whatever they see fit and give him a fractions of the profits.

Sell who to who for what? We still owe money on the key ones - Collo, Guti, Martins. Reality indeed.  :facepalm:

Owen, Viduka, Cacapa and Geremi we get nowt for.

Ashley will keep the club ticking over until its sold, simple as that. If he wanted money desperately to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in he could easily sell any players he wants for a cut price. He doesn't need to pay a group of people large sums of money to sell his own assets for whatever they see fit and give him a fractions of the profits.

Sell who to who for what? We still owe money on the key ones - Collo, Guti, Martins. Reality indeed. :facepalm:

Eh?

How does that contradict any of what he said?

Sell who to who for what? We still owe money on the key ones - Collo, Guti, Martins. Reality indeed.  :facepalm:

Eh?

"He would easily sell players any players"....  :facepalm:

Eh?

"He would easily sell players any players"....   :facepalm:

Is not what he said.

Eh?

Is not what he said.

What did he say?

Eh?

Is not what he said.

What did he say?

It's up there ^^^^ why do you need me to tell you?

Eh?

Is not what he said.

What did he say?

Listen Einstein how do you sell players cut price when you STILL OWE MONEY ON THEM?  :facepalm:

For some reason i have this sick feeling that Ashley's next stunt will be "blackmailing" the fans into renewing season tickets by bringing up the threat of putting the club into Administration if sufficient numbers don't renew.

We have over 40000 season,  if we were to lose half of them, we are already losing loads of the corparates,  that would be probably around £10m lost on top of the TV money etc,  with Ashley not putting anymore money in can the club keep going?

Sell who to who for what? We still owe money on the key ones - Collo, Guti, Martins. Reality indeed. :facepalm:

Eh?

"He would easily sell players any players".... :facepalm:

Is not what he said.

What did he say?

Listen Einstein how do you sell players cut price when you STILL OWE MONEY ON THEM? :facepalm:

Flip.

Flop.

What are you actually saying?

First you misquote Teasy.

What he said:

If he wanted money desperately to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in he could easily sell any players he wants for a cut price.

What you said he said:

"He would easily sell players any players".... :facepalm:

Which as anyone can see does not equate to the same thing.

Now you're asking me how you can sell players that you still owe money on. Well Socrates, you just sell them. It's called cutting your losses.

You get them off the wage bill, bring in a little revenue "to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in" and that's it, simple.

The question you're asking implies that you think it is impossible to sell a player that you owe money on, well it's not. We're not talking about a house or a car here, this debt isn't secured against the player. Inter aren't going to repossess Oba if we don't make the payment, we aren't going to pass that debt along to whoever buys him off us. We'll still have that debt whatever happens, it doesn't mean we can't sell him on for more, or less, or the same amount that we owe on him.

I really don't get your point, none of what you've talked about in this thread makes any sense whatsoever.

Guest fading star

Ashley won’t put the club into administration, he’ll just bleed it dry for as long as he can then shut it down. There won’t be any attempt to save the business.

£250 million already sunk - no way will he recover much of that if he does as you say.

Barring any of the cracking conspiracy theories having any substance his best way out of this financially is to sell and limit the damage.

He‘s not going to recoup much of it whatever happens. He’s never going to get £100m and the value of the club is decreasing by the day. If he can’t sell and he won’t put any money in, how is he going to claw back any of his £250m?

Guest fading star

Eh?

Is not what he said.

What did he say?

Listen Einstein how do you sell players cut price when you STILL OWE MONEY ON THEM?  :facepalm:

Flip.

Flop.

What he said:

If he wanted money desperately to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in he could easily sell any players he wants for a cut price.

What you said he said:

Now you're asking me how you can sell players that you still owe money on. Well Socrates, you just sell them. It's called cutting your losses.

You get them off the wage bill, bring in a little revenue "to keep the club running without putting more of his own money in" and that's it, simple.

The question you're asking implies that you think it is impossible to sell a player that you owe money on, well it's not. We're not talking about a house or a car here, this debt isn't secured against the player. Inter aren't going to repossess Oba if we don't make the payment, we aren't going to pass that debt along to whoever buys him off us. We'll still have that debt whatever happens, it doesn't mean we can't sell him on for more, or less, or the same amount that we owe on him.

I really don't get your point, none of what you've talked about in this thread makes any sense whatsoever.

I think what they’re getting at is, if you owe £5m for player and then sell him for £4m that doesn’t generate any money for investing in the team, which would be something of problem if we get lucky and manage to shift half the squad.

If Ashley stays we’re nailed on for another relegation scrap.

Eh?

Is not what he said.

What did he say?

Flip.

Flop.

What he said:

What you said he said:

I think what they’re getting at is, if you owe £5m for player and then sell him for £4m that doesn’t generate any money for investing in the team, which would be something of problem if we get lucky and manage to shift half the squad.

It's not a viable long-term strategy, but no-one said it was. The point Teasy was making was that if Ashley wanted to generate cash to keep the club ticking over in the short-term until it was sold, then he could do that by flogging off some of the players. That would be much higher up the list of things to do than putting the club into administration and the fact that he hasn't shows just how far away we are from that possibility. The other point Teasy made and everyone has chosen to ignore is why would he pay someone a lot of money to sell off the club's assets (ie bringing in the liquidators) when he could do it himself?

Well he might have meant that but if he did he's missing the point of administration, because that would generate far less money for investing in the team.

My point is if Ashley wants to sell various assets to make money to keep the club running then he's better off selling them himself then paying administrators to do it.  If he sells them himself he can negotiate the best deal and the entire fee will be available to use as he see's fit.  If he brings administrators in they will then have the power to sell Ashley's assets for whatever price they decide, take a large chunk themselves and decide where they want the money to go (so Ashley may not see a penny of it and he will have no say in that what so ever).

Selling a player for £4 million when you still owe £5m on him isn't desirable no.  However bringing administrators in who may then decide to sell that same player for £3m pocket £250,000 themselves and give the other £2.75m to the club we still owe £5m too is even less desirable!

I know that Shepherd got us into a financial mess but a lot of the really pressing problems - players's wages and transfer fees are of Ashley's own doing.  Most of the players that are on seriously high wages have been bought in after he bought the club or have been given new contracts since.