The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I wouldn't touch Aston Villa.

Same with Everton, made the mistake of backing them last week but I wasn't for making the same mistake twice today.

Got Everton as Wigan have been terrible since their win on the opening day. Still think Everton will get the three points, Wigan really do look poor. They will get a sending off as well.

:smug:

Looking good now with Villa 2-0 up.

Got them to have a clean sheet as well, would be ace if that comes off too.

Trebles from 4:

Ajax @ 8/15

Hearts @ 5/4

Celtic @ 1/8

Everton @ 8/11

Had to cut my Everton celebration short when St Johnstone equalised v Hearts. :no:

Edit.. Ajax 1-0 up. :sadnod:

Well that had a predictably terrible return. bluelaugh.gif

Stuck a fiver on the Vienna game to end in a draw with 84 minutes played and the score at 1-1. Bound to be ruined by another late goal.  bluelaugh.gif Now into stoppage time....

Fuck this shit.

Tried to place a bet with William Hill on a live game. The Ath. Madrid game to stay under 2.5 goals. As I placed the bet the odds changed (for the worse) so they didn't accept my bet.

I change page, suddenly my balance is down. They did take my bet. 2 seconds later a goal has been scored so it's a losing bet.

Surely they can't do that, the twats?

"No sorry, the odds have changed... oh wait, it's a losing bet, we will take it after all."

I don't know if anyone will have heard the word 'arbitrage' before, but it effectively means a bet that cannot lose, for example equally backing both tennis players in a match at longer than evens. It ceases to be a gamble, because a profit is guaranteed.

In light of that, I can advise you all that you can get 9.4 on Nile Ranger to score first tonight on betfair.

Fiver on

Football Coca Cola League 1 Leeds v Stockport Match Result  05/09/2009 15:00 Leeds @ 1/3 

Football Coca Cola League 1 Norwich v Walsall Match Result  05/09/2009 15:00 Norwich @ 4/7 

Football Coca Cola League 2 Notts Co. v Burton Albion Match Result  05/09/2009 15:00 Notts Co. @ 4/9 

Football World Cup Ukraine v Andorra Match Result  05/09/2009 15:00 Ukraine @ 1/100 

Football World Cup Russia v Liechtenstein Match Result  05/09/2009 16:00 Russia @ 1/50 

Football World Cup Georgia v Italy Match Result  05/09/2009 19:00 Italy @ 2/7 

Football World Cup Turkey v Estonia Match Result  05/09/2009 19:00 Turkey @ 1/6 

Football World Cup Austria v Faroe Islands Match Result  05/09/2009 19:30 Austria @ 1/8 

Football World Cup Croatia v Belarus Match Result  05/09/2009 19:30 Croatia @ 1/5 

Only get £31

Guest optimistic nit

on paddypower  Denmark (4 wins 1 draw) are 9/4 to beat portugal at home.

Northern ireland are also 11/2 to win in poland.

stuck 4.84 on norn irleand, 12 on Denmark draw/win and 3 on Denmark win.