BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm still intrigued as to who would leak this, and what their motives are for doing so.

Is it Shepherd testing the reaction? Could it be Ashley trying to force bids out of others?

Why would Shepherd be bothered about the reaction?

He's about to buy 100 percent of what he sold a fraction of a while back for not really a great deal more money.I'd imagine the pound signs in his eyes are the most important thing to him right now.

Rich, self serving people don't give a scooby what us common proles think.

Proles don't either. Who knew?!

Guest toonlass

The article on the BBC says that Keith Harris expects the deal to be concluded by the end of June. Well hello mate. Today is the end of June. You don't get much later in June than today. So does that mean that it will be sorted today? I doubt it. Could be proved wrong like.

I'm still intrigued as to who would leak this, and what their motives are for doing so.

Is it Shepherd testing the reaction? Could it be Ashley trying to force bids out of others?

I think the most likely source is Seymour Pierce because the BBC story contains both sides of the equation, Shepherd's bid and the likelihood that Ashley will accept. The brokers are the only ones who would know both parties positions.

I think the most likely source is Seymour Pierce because the BBC story contains both sides of the equation, Shepherd's bid and the likelihood that Ashley will accept. The brokers are the only ones who would know both parties positions.

Also, if people know that Shepherd is close to a deal, other bidders (if there are any) would be more likely to get a move on.

I'd assume that Ashley has imposed a deadline of the end of June for the various parties to come in with bids. Freddie's may not be the only one. It may just be the one most likely to be leaked.

Informed sources on Tyneside are now giving credence to the story and suggesting that this Friday could finally see something solid break, bringing an end to the weeks of claims, whispers and half-truths over United's future.

e author=Dave link=topic=62996.msg1870893#msg1870893 date=1246356793]

Informed sources on Tyneside are now giving credence to the story and suggesting that this Friday could finally see something solid break, bringing an end to the weeks of claims, whispers and half-truths over United's future.

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

I just wish I had enough faith to think it was really going to happen

e author=Dave link=topic=62996.msg1870893#msg1870893 date=1246356793]

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

I just wish I had enough jizz to think it was really going to happen

fyp :lol:

I wonder who else is in this with Freddy then? Perhaps it's this American lot, and they've appointed him as the figurehead for their bid on the basis that he knows the club inside out and (presumably) has Shearer on board.

If he's going to be held accountable by the bigger investors as just another employee this might actually end up being making sense.

Guest Joe90

:knuppel2:  :idiot2:  :rant:  :kasper:  :thdn:  :angry:  :doh:  :-[  :tickedoff: just about sums it up.

It's Karma baby.

You can stick your karma up your bum.  :angel:

Positives:

Shearer

Only lose 2 or 3 days of pre-season (if date is accurate)

The likes of Beye, Taylor will stay

Cheap buying price = money to spend?

Negatives:

Fat mess

Random other investors - might like Nicky Butt

Butt probably guranteed to stay

Months of Skjelbred patter from his fanclub on here

Surely if karma existed we would be due a takeover by a squillionaire backer with a pathological hatred for Shola Ameobi and Alan Smith?

You have the ans in your question.