Laurent & Bertrand Robert

Optimistic Nut

I just wanted to give a chance, Chelsea at home in his second to last season he was phenomenal.

1 game? :lol:

Sunderland at home

Birmingham at home

Everton at home

The lad had class there's no denying that, even with a dodgy hamstring he'd walk into our team right now.

As we are a Championship team that's no mean achievement like.

Guest Heneage

I just wanted to give a chance, Chelsea at home in his second to last season he was phenomenal.

1 game? :lol:

Sunderland at home

Birmingham at home

Everton at home

The lad had class there's no denying that, even with a dodgy hamstring he'd walk into our team right now.

As we are a Championship team that's no mean achievement like.

I don't remember saying it was.

Him and Emre the two players I wish we'd never sold.

Your kidding right?

Robert was past finished with us and nothing more than a whiner. His passing, control, crossing and shooting in his last season and a half with us made shola look like Pele.

Now whilst I liked Emre, he just didnt justify his wages, making his annual 16 appearances in between injuries. He was a luxury we could never afford, he was never fit enough for us to see the best of him.

Whilst Emre managed to amass a whopping 25 appearances this year, he has hardly set the world alight back in his homeland. Robert has managed to be even worse since leaving.

What do you think they would have contributed to Newcastle had they stayed? I'm pretty confident little that's positive on the football pitch.

last season and a half?

So you're including the season in which he scored 12 goals for us then? Honestly man

Guest Heneage

Robert was and is a confidence player, when enjoying his football he was one of the best wingers in the league, Souness had all the people skills of a cactus.

We all knew that Bellamy and Robert were gone the minute Souness was announced as manager. On the back of that great season the c*** dropped Robert for the trip to Bolton and replaced him with Darren Ambrose. Absolute c***

Guest Heneage

To be fair to Ambrose if it's the game I'm thinking he scored a peach .:lol:

I always hated the way Robert left a great player that loved the club and got no big send off like Solano.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil K

If a club needs my help, I'll be there

Makes him sound like a superhero. :lol:

I miss him. :(

Yeah, me too.

I'd have him back.

I couldn't believe his critics on here.

Got into some bust ups with them too.

Same gits who were attacking Shearer on his last 2 seasons.

Plastic Bertrand.

Ça plane pour moi, eh ?

This is the life for me ?

It was when Bertie was at NUFC thats for sure.... :weep:

It's amazing how quickly Robert fell from grace. He was very poor in his last 6 months for us, only lasted 6 atrocious months at Pompey and then went on a mental journeyman tour for a while.

It's amazing how quickly Robert fell from grace. He was very poor in his last 6 months for us, only lasted 6 atrocious months at Pompey and then went on a mental journeyman tour for a while.

yeah it was like he stopped caring after he left us. :snod:

Guest Heneage

yeah it was like he stopped caring after he left us. :snod:

That can happen to a confidence player like Robert, look at Elano for example.