If Shearer walks....

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest toonlass

Set him a deadline to do what?  Or else we'll what?

Well in your case you could threaten to stop licking his balls.

Put this in bablefish and it came back as "Uuuh, I dunno I hadn't thought of that."

Protest and get him to give into out demands!

(Uh, what are our demands?)

Stop licking Ashley's arse!!! PROTEST!!

(Protest how?)

Fine, do NOTHING then!  Let the club drop the the confrence!!!

:lol:

Are you sure it wasn’t Google translate.

As I said, it’d refocus attention on the situation in the media. We’ve become so used to Ashley and his crap it’s becoming acceptable. The whole issue is being (or not being) resolved on Ashley’s terms. In footballing terms, we’re letting Ashley dictate the tempo of the game.

Ashley will dictate the terms no matter what though. It doesn't matter what we do, we will sell when he is ready to sell. He really couldn't give a shite about Newcastle United and you are deluding yourself if you think he does. Invading the pitch will give the media more ammunition to call the supporters "deluded fools" and will make not a jot of difference to Ashley.

Guest fading star

Put this in bablefish and it came back as "Uuuh, I dunno I hadn't thought of that."

(Protest how?)

As I said, it’d refocus attention on the situation in the media. We’ve become so used to Ashley and his crap it’s becoming acceptable. The whole issue is being (or not being) resolved on Ashley’s terms. In footballing terms, we’re letting Ashley dictate the tempo of the game.

Ashley will dictate the terms no matter what though. It doesn't matter what we do, we will sell when he is ready to sell. He really couldn't give a s**** about Newcastle United and you are deluding yourself if you think he does. Invading the pitch will give the media more ammunition to call the supporters "deluded fools" and will make not a jot of difference to Ashley.

He will if we let him.

Only the shock jocks are still peddling the deluded fools line, the rest of the media are on the side of the supporters and they are our tool for cranking the pressure up. Ashley doesn’t care about NUFC, but his skin isn’t infinitely thick.

I’ll ask you the same question Madras avoided answering. How far does the club have to fall before you would be prepared to actually do something about it?

The point is though what exactly are you protesting against?

The sale taking so long? I for one, have no idea how long these things take but seeing as buying a house usually takes 6 weeks or so then Id assume an entire football club takes a good while especially when you couldnt trust the person you're buying off.

The non-appointment of Shearer? It could be that one of or more of the front runners dont want him there, therefore you couldnt give him a contract just for them to have to get out of it. Before anyone shouts though, the NUSC did push last week for Shearer to be appointed but theres a big difference in saying "we think this would be a good idea for all concerned" and "do this or face the consequences".

While the "sale" rumbles on then personally I think theres nothing people can or should do to protest that, if however there is no sale and we're being fed crap just so that Kinnear can walk back in then people should definitely reevaluate their stance and would legitimately have something to protest about.

Where do we draw the line PP? Ashley is always setting deadlines, it’s high time we set him one.

What is it with NUSC. They happily let people stump up £10 on the basis they were going to try and hold Ashley to account. Yet, at some point they changed tune without ever consulting it’s paying members.

There is no line to be drawn though.

Currently the club is being sold, the sooner the better for my and everyone elses liking but every protest has to have a meaning and an expected outcome. The original protests got an outcome he put the club up for sale. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing we will never know just what would have happened if he hadnt done.

In this instance though, what outcome would you want? that he walks away handing the keys to the nearest person? that he holds a raffle in a Dream Team stylee for the next owner?

As for the nusc comment, you're probably one of the same people that slated us for protesting, using that as your reason for not joining up. You then probably used the change in our direction as the next reason not to join and now the fact we dont think protesting is a good idea means you'll use that as the stick to beat us with.

Everything has to be looked at with the head not the heart, in the early days the NUSC let their hearts lead without always fully thinking it through, that happens we're all fans, you, me, the NUSC members and the non-members, we all want whats best for the club and we all think we know how to achieve it. Sometimes it takes a good long sit down and think before acting though.

Oh and the paying members were consulted on what they wanted to do at that stage and the majority agreed. Just like the majority of people in this thread appear to be disagreeing with protests now. If you want I can ask all the members their views but I already know what the answer will be, I read the emails we receive, I hear the stuff said at the Roadshows and I know generally the feeling of our members because quite rightly they let us know if they're unhappy about anything either in what we're doing or the club itself.

I was one of the people who turned up for the first meeting and handed over my money, since which time the committee have disappeared up their own arses.  Took our cash and treat us with contempt, just like Ashley.

You say NUSC let it’s heart rule it’s head in the beginning, but what you really mean is the committee s*** its pants at the first sign of criticism and fell into line like a good little poodle. If they’d had the guts to put the change of strategy to the members then fair enough, but they didn’t did they.

It’s not about what I want, it’s about what the membership want. However since NUSC can’t be bothered to canvas the membership it’s become about what the committee want. Shameful it is. Not to worry, when the club goes bust you can release some balloons.

Have you actually read what I wrote?

I clearly state that the memebrs were canvassed, if you havent got the email (along with the many many others that we've issued) then we need to confirm the email address you supplied because there is regular stuff going out.

PM me your membership number and name and I'll look into it for you.

Guest toonlass

(Protest how?)

Ashley will dictate the terms no matter what though. It doesn't matter what we do, we will sell when he is ready to sell. He really couldn't give a s**** about Newcastle United and you are deluding yourself if you think he does. Invading the pitch will give the media more ammunition to call the supporters "deluded fools" and will make not a jot of difference to Ashley.

He will if we let him.

Only the shock jocks are still peddling the deluded fools line, the rest of the media are on the side of the supporters and they are our tool for cranking the pressure up. Ashley doesn’t care about NUFC, but his skin isn’t infinitely thick.

I’ll ask you the same question Madras avoided answering. How far does the club have to fall before you would be prepared to actually do something about it?

Grow up man. How the heck is invading the pitch or whatever you intend to do going to make Mike Ashley sell any faster? You will look just as stupid as the idiots who stand outside the ground whenever a sky camera appears gurning and waving and drinking their blue WKD. You need to realise that Mike Ashley will do what Mike Ashley wants to do.

As for doing something about the club falling, I am prepared to go and support the lads in League matches (home and some away games). I am not paying Mike Ashley any money to go and watch the team play Leeds, I won't be going to any cup games as long as Ashley owns us. I am not prepared to risk being arrested and banned from football by invading the pitch.

Guest Mantis

Madras is right, step on the pitch and you will see the inside of a police van followed by the outside of the ground on match days. The law is clear, step out of line in a football ground and be banned from matches for years. Whether you're going on the pitch to lamp a player or to make a peaceful protest, chances are you will be banned and possibly a criminal record.

Total bullshit really.  If 15,000 fans were to take to the pitch, who exactly is going to nick them and where will they take them?

Besides, it aint rocket science, all we want is a Manager in charge NOW until the new owners arrive, even the fat cnut and Derrick could manage that, but it is clear his petulance has resulted in a FCUK U to the fans. 

Guest Brazilianbob

You are all missing my point, what I meant was by letting potential buyers see we may walk too, Ashley just might realise he has to get his finger out or lose his buyers and be stuck witha club he doesn't want

You used the magic words there though bob, "just might".

As you say, he just might get his finger out then again he just might not but the buyers (if they exist) may just get out too.

The fact is none of us know exactly what is going on and for all we know it could be the other sides taking their time (frankly I wouldnt blame them, if I ever bought something from SD then I'd spend a good 20 minutes checking it for holes, rips and ensuring it was the real thing!).

Personally, I dont think the time is right for any visual protests, boycott the Leeds game by all means, its a pointless game so its not like we'll be affecting the team or anything.  If howeverr all of this falls flat and he makes the "Im taking the club off the market and all will be well again" statement then yes, I reckon protests would probably be advisable.

Madras is right, step on the pitch and you will see the inside of a police van followed by the outside of the ground on match days. The law is clear, step out of line in a football ground and be banned from matches for years. Whether you're going on the pitch to lamp a player or to make a peaceful protest, chances are you will be banned and possibly a criminal record.

Total bullshit really.  If 15,000 fans were to take to the pitch, who exactly is going to nick them and where will they take them?

Besides, it aint rocket science, all we want is a Manager in charge NOW until the new owners arrive, even the fat cnut and Derrick could manage that, but it is clear his petulance has resulted in a FCUK U to the fans. 

They wouldn't have to nick everyone, they'd only have to lift 10-20 max, prosecute them and ban them. That would put probably be enough of a deterrent to most from doing it again.

For the hard-liners (sic)

You've also got close circuit tv at the game and still photography. All they'd do is try to pinpoint the ring-leaders, same as they do with the hoollies, stick their mug shots in the Chronicle and they'd be up in the courts eventually.

Mission accommplished.

Probably be more a case of starting to arrest some people at random hoping people start going "Erm, don't want to be the next person nicked and banned" and disperse.  Once some people start leaving, the numbers start going down, the chance you're going to be one of the ones nicked increases, more people start leaving.  Or just filming people's faces for later banning orders.

That's if you get 15,000 people on the pitch at once, presumably you'd need a few people to start off and give people the confidence to join in.  If those first 10 or so get swiftly nicked then others are unlikely to follow.

The fans should make it clear to Ashley that they will walk too, unless he immediately appoints Shearer.  If potential buyers realise fans are going to walk also, they may pull out of any deal with Ashley and leave him with a millstone around his neck that he does not want.

Aye - let him piss off the only people who can maybe save the club. Great - that's all we need, an owner who doesn't give a flying fuck whether Shearer or your Auntie is in charge.

To say your logic is flawed would be a massive understatement.

You are all missing my point, what I meant was by letting potential buyers see we may walk too, Ashley just might realise he has to get his finger out or lose his buyers and be stuck witha club he doesn't want

If I was a potential buyer and I thought there was a chance that the fans could 'walk', i'd swiftly move on to looking at another club.

We should be making the club look as attractive as we can to potential buyers not the opposite.

Ashley wants to sell, we've apparantly got bidders interested - lets not put them off eh!

Guest fading star

As you say, he just might get his finger out then again he just might not but the buyers (if they exist) may just get out too.

The fact is none of us know exactly what is going on and for all we know it could be the other sides taking their time (frankly I wouldnt blame them, if I ever bought something from SD then I'd spend a good 20 minutes checking it for holes, rips and ensuring it was the real thing!).

Personally, I dont think the time is right for any visual protests, boycott the Leeds game by all means, its a pointless game so its not like we'll be affecting the team or anything.  If howeverr all of this falls flat and he makes the "Im taking the club off the market and all will be well again" statement then yes, I reckon protests would probably be advisable.

By which time it will be too late.

By which time it will be too late.

How exactly?

Fans not attending games, owner not being wanted and protested against.. and won't change until he fucks off.

Guest toonlass

I have visions of fading star organising this pitch invasion and everyone is like "Aye we are right behind you mate". And then when it comes to it, he goes running onto the pitch like something out of the battle scene from Braveheart, turns to salute all his mates and the rest of the protesting public on the pitch only to realise that everyone else in still in the stands and the only people running about are a load of fluorescent jacketed stewards ready to rugby tackle him.  :laugh:

Guest fading star

Probably be more a case of starting to arrest some people at random hoping people start going "Erm, don't want to be the next person nicked and banned" and disperse.  Once some people start leaving, the numbers start going down, the chance you're going to be one of the ones nicked increases, more people start leaving.  Or just filming people's faces for later banning orders.

That's if you get 15,000 people on the pitch at once, presumably you'd need a few people to start off and give people the confidence to join in.  If those first 10 or so get swiftly nicked then others are unlikely to follow.

They can’t arrest people at random, well not without leaving themselves open to claims of victimisation. Not that it matters, it was a throw away suggestion. My point was really about whether we carry on waiting for Ashley to do what ever it is he‘s doing, or if we should try and influence events. Some think we’re powerless, but there’s tens of thousands of us and were not.

Guest Mantis

They can’t arrest people at random, well not without leaving themselves open to claims of victimisation. Not that it matters, it was a throw away suggestion. My point was really about whether we carry on waiting for Ashley to do what ever it is he‘s doing, or if we should try and influence events. Some think we’re powerless, but there’s tens of thousands of us and were not.

Correct it would be thrown out of court if they take one approach with a small group.  Still, it wont happen. The polite thing seems to be acceptance here and the willingess to watch the ship go down.  I cant be arsed anymore, this is starting to sound like a mackems forum with fans point scoring against each other.  Wake me up when they salvage the wreckage.

Guest fading star

The point is though what exactly are you protesting against?

The sale taking so long? I for one, have no idea how long these things take but seeing as buying a house usually takes 6 weeks or so then Id assume an entire football club takes a good while especially when you couldnt trust the person you're buying off.

The non-appointment of Shearer? It could be that one of or more of the front runners dont want him there, therefore you couldnt give him a contract just for them to have to get out of it. Before anyone shouts though, the NUSC did push last week for Shearer to be appointed but theres a big difference in saying "we think this would be a good idea for all concerned" and "do this or face the consequences".

While the "sale" rumbles on then personally I think theres nothing people can or should do to protest that, if however there is no sale and we're being fed crap just so that Kinnear can walk back in then people should definitely reevaluate their stance and would legitimately have something to protest about.

Where do we draw the line PP? Ashley is always setting deadlines, it’s high time we set him one.

What is it with NUSC. They happily let people stump up £10 on the basis they were going to try and hold Ashley to account. Yet, at some point they changed tune without ever consulting it’s paying members.

There is no line to be drawn though.

Currently the club is being sold, the sooner the better for my and everyone elses liking but every protest has to have a meaning and an expected outcome. The original protests got an outcome he put the club up for sale. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing we will never know just what would have happened if he hadnt done.

In this instance though, what outcome would you want? that he walks away handing the keys to the nearest person? that he holds a raffle in a Dream Team stylee for the next owner?

As for the nusc comment, you're probably one of the same people that slated us for protesting, using that as your reason for not joining up. You then probably used the change in our direction as the next reason not to join and now the fact we dont think protesting is a good idea means you'll use that as the stick to beat us with.

Everything has to be looked at with the head not the heart, in the early days the NUSC let their hearts lead without always fully thinking it through, that happens we're all fans, you, me, the NUSC members and the non-members, we all want whats best for the club and we all think we know how to achieve it. Sometimes it takes a good long sit down and think before acting though.

Oh and the paying members were consulted on what they wanted to do at that stage and the majority agreed. Just like the majority of people in this thread appear to be disagreeing with protests now. If you want I can ask all the members their views but I already know what the answer will be, I read the emails we receive, I hear the stuff said at the Roadshows and I know generally the feeling of our members because quite rightly they let us know if they're unhappy about anything either in what we're doing or the club itself.

I was one of the people who turned up for the first meeting and handed over my money, since which time the committee have disappeared up their own arses.  Took our cash and treat us with contempt, just like Ashley.

You say NUSC let it’s heart rule it’s head in the beginning, but what you really mean is the committee s*** its pants at the first sign of criticism and fell into line like a good little poodle. If they’d had the guts to put the change of strategy to the members then fair enough, but they didn’t did they.

It’s not about what I want, it’s about what the membership want. However since NUSC can’t be bothered to canvas the membership it’s become about what the committee want. Shameful it is. Not to worry, when the club goes bust you can release some balloons.

Have you actually read what I wrote?

I clearly state that the memebrs were canvassed, if you havent got the email (along with the many many others that we've issued) then we need to confirm the email address you supplied because there is regular stuff going out.

PM me your membership number and name and I'll look into it for you.

I got an email asking what we think about the Derek Llambias interview, is that what you’re referring to?

Correct it would be thrown out of court if they take one approach with a small group. 

What :lol:  "Some other people did it as well but the police weren't able to arrest them" is now a valid reason for getting a case thrown out of court?  Do you think the police are completely helpless if more people commit a crime at one time than they have officers to cuff them?  Oh, well, we've caught you breaking into this house but your mate ran away and we don't want to victimise you.  On you go.

Stewards and police targeting people at random when a large group of people are doing the same thing is exactly what was happening last season with the standing in level seven.

I got an email asking what we think about the Derek Llambias interview, is that what you’re referring to?

Nope, Im referrring to the other 30 or 40 emails that have winged their way to every member (including the one that asked, what do you want us to do now?). Theres been 2 emails gone out in the last day or so, like I said PM me your membership number and name and I'll check the email address and send you a test message.

Guest fading star

I got that one as well (on the fifth of January) and had no idea it was a kind of informal referendum. I assumed it would be used to develop some motions… you know, those thing were members of clubs get to vote on what the club does with their subscription?

Could you explain how NUSC works. We give you our money, then vote for an interim committee who then act on the basis of random email surveys. Is that it? I thought it was going to be a democratically run organisation, that’s what I was telling everyone who was accusing NUSC of being a protest group. “No it’s not like that, we all get to vote on major issues and it will become what we make it” I said, foolishly. 

Guest fading star

Correct it would be thrown out of court if they take one approach with a small group. 

What :lol:  "Some other people did it as well but the police weren't able to arrest them" is now a valid reason for getting a case thrown out of court?  Do you think the police are completely helpless if more people commit a crime at one time than they have officers to cuff them?  Oh, well, we've caught you breaking into this house but your mate ran away and we don't want to victimise you.  On you go.

Stewards and police targeting people at random when a large group of people are doing the same thing is exactly what was happening last season with the standing in level seven.

This much is true. However, everyone would be on CCTV so the police would still be obliged to catch all the criminals. We couldn’t catch them in the act so we're not going to bother isn’t a valid reason for turning a blind eye. If there was a peaceful sit in common sense would probably prevail. It wouldn’t be in the public interest to prosecute 15,000 people for sitting on a football pitch. But we’ll never know because it’ll never happen.

It's a sad indictment of our society that something as inane as sitting on football pitch without permission can be a crime. Yet one man can s*** all over a football club and it’s supporters with impunity.

I wonder who owns the pitch? The stadium belongs to the club, but the land it’s built on is leased by the council.