If Shearer walks....

Guest Brazilianbob

How is a low attendance for the Leeds game due to a protest going to be discerned from a low attendance for the Leeds game due to the fact we've been relegated, we haven't really got much to be excited about and it's dirty Leeds?  How are people who weren't going to go anyway join this protest?

I really don't buy this idea that you pay £10 and you join NUSC and you get to vote/partake in the democratic process. Like it is only worth it to me if I agree on most of the voting, otherwise I'm paying to be part of an organisation that is trying to do things I don't really stand for. Like on this forum I fundamentally disagree with many things that fading star wants. One of us is going to lose out.

What happens when a vote on an important issue comes out 51-49% in favour of something. Do you exclude half your membership and go with the winner? Do you exclude the other half and decide its best not to act, or do you leave the decision to the subjectivity of the committee?

What happens if the votes get taken over by radical thinkers with a majority being apathetic and not voting?

It is my view that NUSC should just stick a manifesto on their website and say: "If you like it join us, if you don't, go and make your own organisation." Let people vote with their membership.

Like and representative organisation it isn't designed for the views of lone gunmen and crackpots but the views of the majority.

What happens when a vote on an important issue comes out 51-49% in favour of something. Do you exclude half your membership and go with the winner? Do you exclude the other half and decide its best not to act, or do you leave the decision to the subjectivity of the committee?

In answer to that, you would do nothing. A clear majority would be required for anything major. Like you say if 49% of the votes disagree then thats way too many people to just be an accident. You would expect those putting forward the motion to go away and reformulate their arguments before any other attempt was made to re-do the motion.

You have to be looking at something like 75% of the voters agreeing something before you do it.

Guest fading star

This is true, but it wouldn’t have as much impact. I’d happily go with boycotting the Leeds game. It might not be a killer blow, but it would weaken Ashley’s position. I’d like to see NUSC stop sitting on the fence and organise it as well, but that’ll never happen.

The current rules of the game are being set by Ashley. He acts then supporters respond, once they’ve recovered from the shock, by which time another promise of imminent improvement has been released. Break the cycle and we might finally arrive at the end game.

:lol: Would it f***!

Why does everything have to amount to a protest or a boycott with this club these days? There is nothing that can be done, nothing we can do to influence procedings at all.

Shearer won't be appointed until a new owner is sought and buyer agreements are signed. Boycotting games, sit-down protests....none of them will work. Ashley will either a) not take any notice, or b) not be bothered by them. He's moved on, he doesn't own this club anymore. You could paint St James Park pink for all he f***ing cares. The only lasting effects anything will have will be on hindering the new ownership that comes in, if it ever does.

Spoken like a quitter. 

Guest fading star

I really don't buy this idea that you pay £10 and you join NUSC and you get to vote/partake in the democratic process. Like it is only worth it to me if I agree on most of the voting, otherwise I'm paying to be part of an organisation that is trying to do things I don't really stand for. Like on this forum I fundamentally disagree with many things that fading star wants. One of us is going to lose out.

What happens if the votes get taken over by radical thinkers with a majority being apathetic and not voting?

It is my view that NUSC should just stick a manifesto on their website and say: "If you like it join us, if you don't, go and make your own organisation." Let people vote with their membership.

Like and representative organisation it isn't designed for the views of lone gunmen and crackpots but the views of the majority.

How do you explain that Teasdale lad’s freelance policy making then?

Guest fading star

Tried that twice, never got a reply.

I find that very very hard to believe as every email is answered personally by one of the committee members , its something we pride ourselves on. Maybe in the first couple of weeks or so while we were bedding in then there could have been strays but everything since has been carefully read, discussed and replied to.

As for your last question, ask me as a member, send me a PM or an email and you'll get the reply.

I must have imagined it.

Why can’t you just post the answer on here?

Guest fading star

I think NUSC should climb onto the Milburn Stand and urinate on the directors box. Failing that writing Ashley is a s*** in huge letter on the pitch would help, some may remember a similar strategy being applied to good effect by some hunt sabs a few years back.

I think NUSC should climb onto the Milburn Stand and urinate on the directors box. Failing that writing Ashley is a s*** in huge letter on the pitch would help, some may remember a similar strategy being applied to good effect by some hunt sabs a few years back.

ha ha ha ha ha ha