If Shearer walks....

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest toonlass

go on fading star... you do it. you have a sit down protest on the pitch and find out what happens ? whats that ? you wont unless others do ? a bit sheep like wouldn't you say ?

One person probably would get arrested, and like a one man boycott it’d achieve nothing. It’s strength in numbers that counts. A united front will see us through this nightmare. Just letting Ashley destroy our club can’t be an option. If sitting on the pitch is a non starter then let’s work on something that isn’t.

At what point would you advocate mass protest, the day after the club ceases to exist?

My ex was a steward, you step on the pitch and you will be arrested. A protest is very different from a pitch invasion when you are promoted. You would be lucky to find many people who would risk banning orders to protest by invading the pitch.

Just a thought,  but if Shearer really wants the role and clearly no-one can make the decision to sign him up (Ashley is on his way out and doesn't want to hand the role to anyone due to future consequences and new owners aren't in place yet etc), why doesn't Shearer just go to the training ground and take training etc? I highly doubt he would get turned away ....

Or he speaks to whoever is in charge and says he'll agree to a low/no salary and fill in the gap. He chatted about it being his club and he would do anything to help the cause, so why wait for the club to come to him? As I say, I doubt anyone would say 'Piss off Alan otherwise we'll set the dogs on you'.

But it's not his job.

Effectively, it'd be like me turning up and going 'Right lads, let's start with the sprints...'

He has no rights at all while unhired, and why should he take little/no salary? I wouldn't.

Thing is once the players start to hand in transfer requests and thatw ill happen by next weekend, Asley starts doing deals to sell those players Shearer will then decide there is no point taking the job. I get the feeling he is doing this on purpose there is no other reason for him taking so long to agree a deal to sell the club.

Guest fading star

cockney mafia out?   :facepalm:

Something far more robust is required, two blokes with a banner isn’t going to encourage Ashley to get on with it. If he’s still in charge when we play Leeds an on-pitch sit in would be a good start.

It’s all very well knocking the OP, but at least they’re not content to sit around letting Ashley take the piss. NUFC is or club, and the time to reclaim it is long overdue. Causing Ashley as much grief as possible without breaking the law was the way forward nine months ago, and it remains the way forward now.

You don't even know what's going on behind the scenes, how is causing him grief going to help?  As it stands, despite the crap written in the papers, he might actually want a quick sale as well.  Everyone acting like tits isn't going to help that.

Howay the situation is obvious. Ashley is pissing everybody about in the hope of squeezing a higher price than the current bids. It’s that or Keith and Derrick have been feeding us s*** for the last two months.

The way things are going it’ll be relegation again this season, if the club survives that long. We have to do something.

And what the **** is sitting in the middle of the pitch going to do to help?  I bet Ashley s***s himself when he sees a bunch of teenagers sitting on the middle of the pitch.

It makes good TV, and like all wars this one has to be fought via the media.

At the end of the day it’s a choice between doing something or being s*** on for the foreseeable future. 

Any protest won't make a difference so ultimately the choice is between doing nothing and looking like a ****.

Collectively we have the power to force Ashley’s hand, but never will while people like you insist on rolling over and asking Mike to tickle you’re tummy.

No, we don't have the power to force his hand.  You sound like a 13 year old.

Spoken like a sheep. Baaaaaaaa

Yep, definitely sound like a 13 year old.

What do you honestly think a pitch invasion would force Ashley to do?

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

What will a pitch invasion do?

It would raise the profile of the issue. The ongoing desecration of NUFC has reached a point where it’s ceased to matter. There’s an acceptance of situation, no pressure on Ashley to sell. NUFC is the heartbeat of our a community, the importance of the club has to be reasserted.

Guest toonlass

cockney mafia out?   :facepalm:

Something far more robust is required, two blokes with a banner isn’t going to encourage Ashley to get on with it. If he’s still in charge when we play Leeds an on-pitch sit in would be a good start.

It’s all very well knocking the OP, but at least they’re not content to sit around letting Ashley take the piss. NUFC is or club, and the time to reclaim it is long overdue. Causing Ashley as much grief as possible without breaking the law was the way forward nine months ago, and it remains the way forward now.

You don't even know what's going on behind the scenes, how is causing him grief going to help?  As it stands, despite the crap written in the papers, he might actually want a quick sale as well.  Everyone acting like tits isn't going to help that.

Howay the situation is obvious. Ashley is pissing everybody about in the hope of squeezing a higher price than the current bids. It’s that or Keith and Derrick have been feeding us s*** for the last two months.

The way things are going it’ll be relegation again this season, if the club survives that long. We have to do something.

And what the **** is sitting in the middle of the pitch going to do to help?  I bet Ashley s***s himself when he sees a bunch of teenagers sitting on the middle of the pitch.

It makes good TV, and like all wars this one has to be fought via the media.

At the end of the day it’s a choice between doing something or being s*** on for the foreseeable future. 

Any protest won't make a difference so ultimately the choice is between doing nothing and looking like a ****.

Collectively we have the power to force Ashley’s hand, but never will while people like you insist on rolling over and asking Mike to tickle you’re tummy.

No, we don't have the power to force his hand.  You sound like a 13 year old.

Spoken like a sheep. Baaaaaaaa

Yep, definitely sound like a 13 year old.

What do you honestly think a pitch invasion would force Ashley to do?

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

What will a pitch invasion do?

It would raise the profile of the issue. The ongoing desecration of NUFC has reached a point where it’s ceased to matter. There’s an acceptance of situation, no pressure on Ashley to sell. NUFC is the heartbeat of our a community, the importance of the club has to be reasserted.

Ceased to matter to who?

Guest fading star

go on fading star... you do it. you have a sit down protest on the pitch and find out what happens ? whats that ? you wont unless others do ? a bit sheep like wouldn't you say ?

One person probably would get arrested, and like a one man boycott it’d achieve nothing. It’s strength in numbers that counts. A united front will see us through this nightmare. Just letting Ashley destroy our club can’t be an option. If sitting on the pitch is a non starter then let’s work on something that isn’t.

At what point would you advocate mass protest, the day after the club ceases to exist?

My ex was a steward, you step on the pitch and you will be arrested. A protest is very different from a pitch invasion when you are promoted. You would be lucky to find many people who would risk banning orders to protest by invading the pitch.

I know, but I severely doubt the police would arrest 20,000 people. The paperwork alone would put them off, and I also doubt the club would want to lose 20,000 customers. It’s all about strength in numbers. I also know it’s a not going to happen, but as I keep saying we have to do something to bring matters to a head. If we don’t this crap could drift on for years, or at least until the club is liquidated.

If sitting on some grass is illegal so be it. Does this mean we have to roll over and watch the club die?

Guest fading star

Just a thought,  but if Shearer really wants the role and clearly no-one can make the decision to sign him up (Ashley is on his way out and doesn't want to hand the role to anyone due to future consequences and new owners aren't in place yet etc), why doesn't Shearer just go to the training ground and take training etc? I highly doubt he would get turned away ....

Or he speaks to whoever is in charge and says he'll agree to a low/no salary and fill in the gap. He chatted about it being his club and he would do anything to help the cause, so why wait for the club to come to him? As I say, I doubt anyone would say 'Piss off Alan otherwise we'll set the dogs on you'.

I think that’s a good idea.  It would certainly bring what’s a happening at SJP into sharp focus, which is part of the problem now. Ashley fucks club has ceased to be news.

Guest toonlass

I know, but I severely doubt the police would arrest 20,000 people. The paperwork alone would put them off, and I also doubt the club would want to lose 20,000 customers. It’s all about strength in numbers. I also know it’s a not going to happen, but as I keep saying we have to do something to bring matters to a head. If we don’t this crap could drift on for years, or at least until the club is liquidated.

If sitting on some grass is illegal so be it. Does this mean we have to roll over and watch the club die?

I severely doubt you will get 20,000 people willing to invade the pitch.

The point is though what exactly are you protesting against?

The sale taking so long? I for one, have no idea how long these things take but seeing as buying a house usually takes 6 weeks or so then Id assume an entire football club takes a good while especially when you couldnt trust the person you're buying off.

The non-appointment of Shearer? It could be that one of or more of the front runners dont want him there, therefore you couldnt give him a contract just for them to have to get out of it. Before anyone shouts though, the NUSC did push last week for Shearer to be appointed but theres a big difference in saying "we think this would be a good idea for all concerned" and "do this or face the consequences".

While the "sale" rumbles on then personally I think theres nothing people can or should do to protest that, if however there is no sale and we're being fed crap just so that Kinnear can walk back in then people should definitely reevaluate their stance and would legitimately have something to protest about.

The sale taking so long? I for one, have no idea how long these things take but seeing as buying a house usually takes 6 weeks or so then Id assume an entire football club takes a good while especially when you couldnt trust the person you're buying off.

The non-appointment of Shearer? It could be that one of or more of the front runners dont want him there, therefore you couldnt give him a contract just for them to have to get out of it. Before anyone shouts though, the NUSC did push last week for Shearer to be appointed but theres a big difference in saying "we think this would be a good idea for all concerned" and "do this or face the consequences".

While the "sale" rumbles on then personally I think theres nothing people can or should do to protest that, if however there is no sale and we're being fed crap just so that Kinnear can walk back in then people should definitely reevaluate their stance and would legitimately have something to protest about.

:thup:

Finally, some sense..

But it's not his job.

Effectively, it'd be like me turning up and going 'Right lads, let's start with the sprints...'

He has no rights at all while unhired, and why should he take little/no salary? I wouldn't.

I know it's not his job but if quotes are to be believed, he has the respect of the coaching staff, hierarchy and most importantly the players. Theres been a lot of talk coming out of the squad that they are unhappy and want out. I'd agree with allowing some gone but in this time where it looks like we won't be getting any players in for at least another 3 weeks, we need to hold on to as many as possible.

Shearer himself would benefit. The experience would be good for his coaching badges and he would gain a lot of respect from those fans who are still undecided about him. I'm not saying he is the answer but we need some positive feeling in the people who can make the difference come the beginning of the season, the players.

A major problem last season was everyone waiting for one person to do his action instead of getting on with their own highly paid roles.

Guest fading star

Where do we draw the line PP? Ashley is always setting deadlines, it’s high time we set him one.

What is it with NUSC. They happily let people stump up £10 on the basis they were going to try and hold Ashley to account. Yet, at some point they changed tune without ever consulting it’s paying members.

i've already stated what i think you could do. didn't you read it ?

Where do we draw the line PP? Ashley is always setting deadlines, it’s high time we set him one.

What is it with NUSC. They happily let people stump up £10 on the basis they were going to try and hold Ashley to account. Yet, at some point they changed tune without ever consulting it’s paying members.

There is no line to be drawn though.

Currently the club is being sold, the sooner the better for my and everyone elses liking but every protest has to have a meaning and an expected outcome. The original protests got an outcome he put the club up for sale. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing we will never know just what would have happened if he hadnt done.

In this instance though, what outcome would you want? that he walks away handing the keys to the nearest person? that he holds a raffle in a Dream Team stylee for the next owner?

As for the nusc comment, you're probably one of the same people that slated us for protesting, using that as your reason for not joining up. You then probably used the change in our direction as the next reason not to join and now the fact we dont think protesting is a good idea means you'll use that as the stick to beat us with.

Everything has to be looked at with the head not the heart, in the early days the NUSC let their hearts lead without always fully thinking it through, that happens we're all fans, you, me, the NUSC members and the non-members, we all want whats best for the club and we all think we know how to achieve it. Sometimes it takes a good long sit down and think before acting though.

Oh and the paying members were consulted on what they wanted to do at that stage and the majority agreed. Just like the majority of people in this thread appear to be disagreeing with protests now. If you want I can ask all the members their views but I already know what the answer will be, I read the emails we receive, I hear the stuff said at the Roadshows and I know generally the feeling of our members because quite rightly they let us know if they're unhappy about anything either in what we're doing or the club itself.

Guest fading star

Set him a deadline to do what?  Or else we'll what?

Well in your case you could threaten to stop licking his balls.

Guest dover

The fans should make it clear to Ashley that they will walk too, unless he immediately appoints Shearer.  If potential buyers realise fans are going to walk also, they may pull out of any deal with Ashley and leave him with a millstone around his neck that he does not want.

Just so ive got this right, you`ve posted on a NUFC fans forum to suggest we stop supporting NUFC and destroy the club?  :facepalm:

Guest fading star

There is no line to be drawn though.

Currently the club is being sold, the sooner the better for my and everyone elses liking but every protest has to have a meaning and an expected outcome. The original protests got an outcome he put the club up for sale. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing we will never know just what would have happened if he hadnt done.

In this instance though, what outcome would you want? that he walks away handing the keys to the nearest person? that he holds a raffle in a Dream Team stylee for the next owner?

As for the nusc comment, you're probably one of the same people that slated us for protesting, using that as your reason for not joining up. You then probably used the change in our direction as the next reason not to join and now the fact we dont think protesting is a good idea means you'll use that as the stick to beat us with.

Everything has to be looked at with the head not the heart, in the early days the NUSC let their hearts lead without always fully thinking it through, that happens we're all fans, you, me, the NUSC members and the non-members, we all want whats best for the club and we all think we know how to achieve it. Sometimes it takes a good long sit down and think before acting though.

Oh and the paying members were consulted on what they wanted to do at that stage and the majority agreed. Just like the majority of people in this thread appear to be disagreeing with protests now. If you want I can ask all the members their views but I already know what the answer will be, I read the emails we receive, I hear the stuff said at the Roadshows and I know generally the feeling of our members because quite rightly they let us know if they're unhappy about anything either in what we're doing or the club itself.

I was one of the people who turned up for the first meeting and handed over my money, since which time the committee have disappeared up their own arses.  Took our cash and treat us with contempt, just like Ashley.

You say NUSC let it’s heart rule it’s head in the beginning, but what you really mean is the committee shit its pants at the first sign of criticism and fell into line like a good little poodle. If they’d had the guts to put the change of strategy to the members then fair enough, but they didn’t did they.

It’s not about what I want, it’s about what the membership want. However since NUSC can’t be bothered to canvas the membership it’s become about what the committee want. Shameful it is. Not to worry, when the club goes bust you can release some balloons.

Put this in bablefish and it came back as "Uuuh, I dunno I hadn't thought of that."

Protest and get him to give into out demands!

(Uh, what are our demands?)

Stop licking Ashley's arse!!! PROTEST!!

(Protest how?)

Fine, do NOTHING then!  Let the club drop the the confrence!!!

:lol:

Put this in bablefish and it came back as "Uuuh, I dunno I hadn't thought of that."

(Protest how?)

Exactly.

He still hasn't said what the protest's aims are.

Guest fading star

(Protest how?)

Are you sure it wasn’t Google translate.

As I said, it’d refocus attention on the situation in the media. We’ve become so used to Ashley and his crap it’s becoming acceptable. The whole issue is being (or not being) resolved on Ashley’s terms. In footballing terms, we’re letting Ashley dictate the tempo of the game.