Darlington 2 - 7 Newcastle United - 18/07/09

Dave

The game either means nothing or it doesn't. Make your f***ing mind up.

Because people dont change their minds on something with more consideration or anything.

Irrelevant post anyway, not replying to the point atall.

Well your man Owen's team let slip a 2-0 lead against a Malaysia XI today, so I guess they should be embarrassed too. Alternatively it doesn't matter a jot because it's pre-season and all about fitness and confidence.

We've a squad full of crap players, have no manager and we just won 7-2 and you're still moaning. THAT'S fucking embarrassing.

Because people dont change their minds on something with more consideration or anything.

Well your man Owen's team let slip a 2-0 lead against a Malaysia XI today, so I guess they should be embarrassed too. Alternatively it doesn't matter a jot because it's pre-season and all about fitness and confidence.

We've a squad full of crap players, have no manager and we just won 7-2 and you're still moaning. THAT'S fucking embarrassing.

Spot on.

How'd Enrique and Colocinni look? Enrique burned the full back for Carroll's goal.

Usual from Enrique - nice touch and skills going forward, went missing a few times at the back. Good pace and strength though.

Didn't notice Coloccini much, which is a good thing.

For me he normally lets himself down going forward (although the lack of options in front of him don't help) and is always excellent defensively. :harry:

Good point. No I agree with you actually, don't know why I put that. ???

He was much improved going forward today, anyway. :thup:

Just got back. Some of the best craic at an away game ive been too. Lads running on the pitch when Shola scored, running away from the stewards, Saylor and Shola laughing their tits off. Oh aye and that guy who took a s*** load of abuse. Sholas Goals were very good tbf.

TINO TINO TINO

Yup - very comical. The steward got dogs abuse afterwards. Bloody jobsworth!

Was an excellent afternoon's entertainment - nice to see some goals for a change. Was impressed by Lua-Lua down the right hand side.

Also, the 4000+ that went down was cracking. An enjoyable time had by all in the North Stand. :)

Well, your point's a load of balls so let's just laugh at you instead.

As shown by your clear ability to break it down, without resorting to pointlessly moronic comments.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

we conceded 2 goals vs Darlington, that equals 8 goals vs any otehr team. Relegation beckons.

As shown by your clear ability to break it down, without resorting to pointlessly moronic comments.

So we're gonna do crap in the Championship is your point?  And the reason for this is that we beat Darlington 7-2.

OK.

We've a squad full of crap players, have no manager and we just won 7-2 and you're still moaning. THAT'S f***ing embarrassing.

Ofcourse its ok to be mess up pre season, if you know you're going to improve - but its very unlikely we will. It is more worrying that we can concede two against a league two side as thats more likely to be closer to our highest performance level defensively than manchester Uniteds result was.

What possible reason is there to believe our defence will get much better.

Your end sentance is like celebrating because you've found a pound after putting your hand in a bucket of s****.

We've a squad full of crap players, have no manager and we just won 7-2 and you're still moaning. THAT'S f***ing embarrassing.

Ofcourse its ok to be mess up pre season, if you know you're going to improve - but its very unlikely we will. It is more worrying that we can concede two against a league two side as thats more likely to be closer to our highest performance level defensively than manchester Uniteds result was.

Your end sentance is like celebrating because you've found a pound after putting your hand in a bucket of s****.

Did WBA get beat off Histon last week?  We should thrash them about 10-3 then.

Guest The Libertine

"One bloke threw a pair of y-fronts, hit me in the face, and I knew it was nutella or marmite he’d smudged on the gusset. But it was still him going ‘that’s what we think of you mate. You’re shit’.”

Guest toonlass

These games are more to do with building confidence and conditioning the players. After the shite of last season a win in Ireland and 7-2 today should have cheered the lads up no end. That is the most important thing.

So we're gonna do crap in the Championship is your point?  And the reason for this is that we beat Darlington 7-2.

OK.

I dont think that necessarily. I just think its embarassing that we conceded two as i said in the original post. I wouldnt celebrate that.

I do not believe it to be highly likely that we'll hold that level of performance attacking wise in the championship atall.

I believe it is pretty likely that our defence wont improve to much though.

The last thing i want is to be relying on our side having to score lots of goals anywhere atall.

Guest Heneage

Aye, i'm with you on that one Tooj. So was Keegan funnily enough.

I'll be so happy if he's here in September. I f***ing wish we'd get a manger.

The little lord Jonas lay down his sweet head...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/Heneage_88/JonasJesus.jpg

"One bloke threw a pair of y-fronts, hit me in the face, and I knew it was nutella or marmite he’d smudged on the gusset. But it was still him going ‘that’s what we think of you mate. You’re shit’.”

Gervais  :aww:

You started it.

Did WBA get beat off Histon last week? We should thrash them about 10-3 then.

Today Middlesbrough were 1-0 up with a dubious penalty after 85mins against Macclesfield Town of League Two, only making the scoreline an apparently flattering 3-0 in the last few minutes. But they didn't let any in so they're obviously well better than us. Fuck.