Absolutely sickening - Robson's charity to foot the bill for charity match

James

An agreement was reached between the three parties that, following the event, Newcastle United would be reimbursed in relation to the costs it incurs in staging the game i.e. Police, ambulance, stewards etc.

Aye the 3 parties being Toast, The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and the club.

Nowhere does it say Bobby himself is to pay.

The foundation does, and that is the shitter, its taking money out of the foundation which could be used to research and treat cancer.

Sir Bobby has also kindly agreed to make a donation to the Newcastle United Foundation from the proceeds of Sunday's game.

Think that is the quote that he was looking to post.  I presume the Newcastle United Foundation means Mike Ashleys pocket.

To be fair, the Newcastle United Foundation is a charity, albeit a very flimsy one that I would never donate to.

The club already have their own foundation in which they give to and help promote The Newcastle United Foundation.

Do you not think it is a good gesture that they are willing to pay a 3rd of the costs of such a big event after all the money is actually going to policing, stewards etc not the club itself.  Believe it or not in paying that they are actually making a nice gesture and a donation but its far to easy to twist it into a negative story for the club.

I myself, for my full time job, work for and with charities (and actually have set up a Male Cancer Awareness Charity myself) and if most organisations would help with a third of the costs of charity raising events they would be applauded not be slagged off for it.

Don't get me wrong I am far from happy with alot of what the club is doing at the moment but they are getting a slagging off here for something I do not agree with.

I am not even going to waste my time responding to James.

Fair enough I stand corrected that I misread it about them paying a third and I wont edit my post as I admit I was incorrect regarding that.

However I still do not see why the club are taking stick for the costs of policing and stewarding and the point stands that Sir Bobby himself is not footing the bill and that is what the post implies and would be a journalists dream.

We are picking up bad enough press as it is without people putting out inaccurate claims and even worse or own supportres believing it.

Look, I would normally appreciate that a venue would need to get some reinbursement.

But this is Newcastle United and Bobby Robson we are talking about. I can't see any decent football club doing this, and we used to be a decent football club.

Besides I figure the club must have made about £7-9m profit on player bought to the club by Sir Bobby Robson and sold by Ashley. As such I feel that Sir Bobby has earnt his free game.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ooh, I could crush a grape!

Are you on the wind up?

Don't think so, he sounds absolutely raging.

The only thing that is “absolutely sickening” about this is the fact that people are using Sir Bobby’s match tomorrow as an opportunity to have more cheap shots, whether it be the press who are running the story, or the few fans buying into it.

Clearly they’ve fucked up big style, but tomorrow has fuck all to do with Ashley, Llambias et al.  The day is about Sir Bobby & raising money for his charity, with a view to hopefully saving lives & easing the pain of anyone unlucky enough to suffer from cancer, however it seems people can’t let it go for just one fucking day.

There’s absolutely no need for Ashley, Llambias & the “cockney mafia” to even be mentioned.

Guest toonlass

The only thing that is “absolutely sickening” about this is the fact that people are using Sir Bobby’s match tomorrow as an opportunity to have more cheap shots, whether it be the press who are running the story, or the few fans buying into it.

Clearly they’ve fucked up big style, but tomorrow has fuck all to do with Ashley, Llambias et al.  The day is about Sir Bobby & raising money for his charity, with a view to hopefully saving lives & easing the pain of anyone unlucky enough to suffer from cancer, however it seems people can’t let it go for just one fucking day.

There’s absolutely no need for Ashley, Llambias & the “cockney mafia” to even be mentioned.

TBH if anyone uses this match as a protest against Mike Ashley and his bunch of inbred mates I will be angry like.

If I was asked an hour ago before I read the statement from the Club who would foot the bill then I'd have generally thought that costs would be deducted from monies raised with the balance going to SBR's charity.

Ithink that someone on fleet street is preparing anther attack on NUFC when this type of event would be as bog standard as bog standard could be. Did anyone question who was footing the bill at Shearers tesimonial - that also was a charity event.

Guest BooBoo

It is apparent that its overwhelmingly difficult for James to post without coming over as a cretin. Very tough my the evidence seen here.

If I was asked an hour ago before I read the statement from the Club who would foot the bill then I'd have generally thought that costs would be deducted from monies raised with the balance going to SBR's charity.

Ithink that someone on fleet street is preparing anther attack on NUFC when this type of event would be as bog standard as bog standard could be. Did anyone question who was footing the bill at Shearers tesimonial - that also was a charity event.

Exactly.

Yup. That's how charity events work generally.