Keegan or Shearer

Guest ObaStar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan Again NO THANKS he will go in a huff again at some point and F**k us off !!!

Give Shearer a go !!

So you Think Ashley is Right, and keegan is wrong?

Way to put words into his mouth.

They were/are both "wrong" tbh

Keegan has a great record at promotion, and tbh I would support both, however I think this might be Shearer's time and he would get 100% backing, which I don't think Keegan would from all fans.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone who wants Keegan is just the type of person that give NUFC a bad name.

I love the bloke but he is an accident waiting to happen

Guest hobshobs

Keegan Again NO THANKS he will go in a huff again at some point and F**k us off !!!

Give Shearer a go !!

Shearer said he wouldn't take the job initially for precisely the reason Keegan left. Dennis Wise and the Ashley management structure.

Shearer took it after Ashley renaged and bumped Wise.

This is the happiest I've felt for months just thinking about the possibility of a Keegan return.

Trying to stay calm though - it's only in The Sun.

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE THOUGH :)

Give Shearer a go !!

:lol:  :rolleyes:

Guest Stephen927

As much as I like Shearer, he did not do a very good job when he was here and Keegan is the f***ing man... so I choose King Kev

How long did it take for Keegan to turn things around, about the same time as Shearer had in total.

Give Shearer a go !!

Shearer said he wouldn't take the job initially for precisely the reason Keegan left. Dennis Wise and the Ashley management structure.

Shearer took it after Ashley renaged and bumped Wise.

This is the happiest I've felt for months just thinking about the possibility of a Keegan return.

Trying to stay calm though - it's only in The Sun.

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE THOUGH :)

Keegans record for leaving clubs in the lurch when thing are not going right is second to none he did a great job for us 1st time round, a third time would be another step back its time to look ahead and not revisit the past AGAIN

Are those Keegan lovers conveniently forgetting that Keegan is trying his best to rape the club of nearly £10m in compensation? Or do you think that these are the actions of a man that loves the club? A club that has been relegated and is hardly on fantastic financial footing?

Anyone who wants Keegan is just the type of person that give NUFC a bad name.

I love the bloke but he is an accident waiting to happen

How does that work like? I don't want him back as such as it would never happen. But if I had a choice there's no contest.

Give Shearer a go !!

Not at all but if he loved the club so much he should of stood his ground and stayed and seen things through instead of leaving, Claiming compensation off the club (not Ashley) and walking out in a huff

KK is a legend but him along with Sheperd, Ashley the Halls are mostly responsible for the mess where in

Twice he has left and on both occasions has proved to be correct.

Fucking hate this logic... so what exactly? We should all be so very grateful that he knowingly dumped us in it? If anything that's even worse. Self fulfilling prophecy from the "messiah" anyway. Ashley is a cunt, sure, but that unfortunately is NOT the big picture. Predictably Keegan couldn't see that.

I think shearer is the right man to put a structure in place. I don't hold our relegation against him and I think during the 8 games he had the biggest pile of shit to deal with. I would like someone like that  at the helm to build the club up again and grow with it.

Some of the stuff done behind the scenes was the most proffesional this club has been. Noone will dare step out of line with him in charge because they will know the consequences.

I think he will have some good ideas and with dowie beside him will restructure and get us back up there. Keegan as much as I love him makes some irrational decisions that caused us problems with youth etc we need structure moving forward and I can honestly see shearer giving us that. This club has been mocked at for years and this is a chance to change that. We need stability for the next 5 years and to get promoted and build a solid base. Its a massive job but I think shearer could do it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd appoint Shearer, just to avoid any media circus that will be whipped up if Keegan is appointed again.

I love Keegan, but I just can't see it working again. He's a superb manager and whilst I don't blame him for leaving I'm just not sure he's strong enough mentally to take the job on long term. Sholagol needs to concentrate on top scoring next season so that leaves Shearer. I don't think Al is nailed on to be our saviour or anything like that but I do think, realistically, that it's probably the right time for him now.

I love Keegan, but I just can't see it working again. He's a superb manager and whilst I don't blame him for leaving I'm just not sure he's strong enough mentally to take the job on long term. Sholagol needs to concentrate on top scoring next season so that leaves Shearer. I don't think Al is nailed on to be our saviour or anything like that but I do think, realistically, that it's probably the right time for him now.

What he said.

The pressure on Keegan from the media (and everyone else) would be too much. They'd be just waiting for things to go wrong and jumping on every little thing until he left again. He's obviously the better manager of the two and arguably that's all that matters, but we really need some stability for the next few years at least. I know that's a cliché but it's true.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think Keegan is a legend for his first contribution and should be remembered for that, now I'd like to see Shearer given a shot and I'm sure he'd be able to attract more players who's like to play under him and learn from him, plus he can take the pressure.

Guest schmuck

Give Shearer a go !!

Not at all but if he loved the club so much he should of stood his ground and stayed and seen things through instead of leaving,

Yeah like Martin Jol did at Spurs, that ended well for him. It blows my mind how anyone can think Keegan should have stayed, it was painfully obvious to everyone that he doesn't have the job he thought he did, yet with no say over who was in his playing staff he would still be judged on results, anyone who stays in those circumstances regardless of club is a complete fanny and deserves zero respect.

Plus Keegan's record in the second tier is second to none, in half a season he saved us from certain relegation, in his first full season he pissed the league, and in one season with Manchester City he obliterated the league and set a points and goals record which I think still stands. If the circumstances are right for him then that's generally a good indicator that the circumstances are right full stop, and if they remain so then I'm confident Keegan will remain manager. Even in a worst case scenario Keegan quits after say 18 months, it's highly likely he'll be leaving behind a Premier League club which is something not many other realistic candidates can offer with any degree of certainty.

Failing Keegan I'd prefer someone who has proven themselves as a manager to Shearer, Darren Ferguson for example has got a flawless record so far, whereas Shearer really has nothing to recommend him for the job other than a love of the club, which when it boils down to it means next to nothing (and if he was bad there could be a real reluctance to sack him thus further damaging the club). Not to say he may not one day be a great manager, I hope he is, but there's nothing to suggest it yet and this next manager could be the difference between a swift bounce back up and being a mid table Championship side for the next 5 years, not the time to take that big of a risk imo.

Roll the dice with Shearer every time.  Preferably a Shearer-Rob Lee dream team if we're going for untested idols.

I'd rather have Phillipe Albert in to be honest, but that sounds ok.