Man City (A) Line em up - squad named

Skirge

Squad announced..

NUFC: Harper, Srnicek, Given, Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Bramble, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Parker, Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Milner, Butt, Duff, Dyer, Pattison, Ameobi, Martins, Rossi, Sibierski, Luque.

But Bramble, Moore, Butt and Martins are doubt.

Soooo I reckon Glenn will play this.

----------------Given

Carr----Taylor------Ramage-----Baba

Milner----Parker------Emre------Duff

-------------Sibi-------Rossi

same as watford, where we were BY FAR the better team. i agree

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who still persist with the thought Parker and Emre should be our central midfield partnership, despite the amount of evidence that it is a shite combination.

:roll:

Sadly you might be right but I think all the evidence also seems to indicate that its our best combination

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who still persist with the thought Parker and Emre should be our central midfield partnership, despite the amount of evidence that it is a shite combination.

Our manager may need changing as he's certainly not getting us results. Our forwards are playing very poorly and struggling to find the net and defensively Car and Bramble in particular are shite, but our midfield........... is actually pretty good, midfield is not an area that needs strengthening and both Parker and Emre are very good quality players, we have the right personel in midfield its up to Roeder to get the best out of them. Why you've decided to pick on Parker and Emre seems a bit odd, entitled to your opinion and all that, but i really struggle to understand why you think its Emre 's and Parkers fault when they are clearly two of our better performers. Are you trying to divert blame away from someone else? Who would you play instead?

Guest newcastle4life

Harper

Taylor - Moore - Ramage - Baba

Solano - Parker - Emre - Duff

i go with that aswell that looks good.looking forward to saturday.anybody on bus 5 of backpage see you then lol

Sibierski

Martins

Subs:

Given, Milner, Zog, Dyer, Butt

The lads running this site need start offering a free prozac to everyone that has registerd here. :D

Good idea, we all need it.  Seriously all these threads do now is remind me of the decent team we could put out if we didn't have roland rat in charge, ****ing depressing.

So what would this decent team be then, if it wasn't for "roland rat"?

Sadly you might be right but I think all the evidence also seems to indicate that its our best combination

If you're right we're in bigger trouble than even the league table shows.

Our manager may need changing as he's certainly not getting us results. Our forwards are playing very poorly and struggling to find the net and defensively Car and Bramble in particular are shite, but our midfield........... is actually pretty good, midfield is not an area that needs strengthening and both Parker and Emre are very good quality players, we have the right personel in midfield its up to Roeder to get the best out of them. Why you've decided to pick on Parker and Emre seems a bit odd, entitled to your opinion and all that, but i really struggle to understand why you think its Emre 's and Parkers fault when they are clearly two of our better performers. Are you trying to divert blame away from someone else? Who would you play instead?

I may be wrong mate,  but the implication of your post is that I'm suddenly having a go at Parker and Emre. If that's what you're saying I can tell that isn't the case.

I've been on about Parker being over-rated since he was signed. I've also been on about the partnership with Emre being poor since the early days of that partnership. I know not many appear to agree, but I don't know why anyone is surprised at the possibility given they were signed by the worst Newcastle manager in living memory.

In their place, and subject to being fit, I'd use Dyer and Butt in the centre, and I say that while still believing that CM is not the best position for Dyer, where he leaves large gaps due to a lack of discipline. I'd still do it though.

After that I'd go with Butt and Emre.

After that I'd go with Butt and Zog.

Cheers anyway. We don't have to agree.

Who would your central 2 be HTL? I am also of the opinion that Parker and Emre together offer very little, but can't see a better alternative

Must have been writing yours as I was writing mine. I think Butt and Dyer would be a better balance, so I'd go with that. We need some attacking threat from the centre, some pace and urgency in there, energy. Whatever you want to call it.

I may be wrong mate,  but the implication of your post is that I'm suddenly having a go at Parker and Emre. If that's what you're saying I can tell that isn't the case.

I've been on about Parker being over-rated since he was signed. I've also been on about the partnership with Emre being poor since the early days of that partnership. I know not many appear to agree, but I don't know why anyone is surprised at the possibility given they were signed by the worst Newcastle manager in living memory.

In their place, and subject to being fit, I'd use Dyer and Butt in the centre, and I say that while still believing that CM is not the best position for Dyer, where he leaves large gaps due to a lack of discipline. I'd still do it though.

I don't think we will agree on this one.

I know you said subject to being fit but Dyer never is so that kinda rules him out.  However even when he was fit Dyer was very poor in the center as he hardly ever played to his strengths i.e. using his pace running into space, at players, hiting teams on the break, he and jenas used to play it sideways backwards and it used to annoy the hell out of me. Dyer is effective up front because of his pace but his best position imo is the one he's famous for not liking i.e. the Right Wing because his finishing is not so good.

Emre is still highly regarded in Italy still and has been very stronly linked with Bayern lately as well as being Turkey's best player and named in Pele' s 100 greatest players alive. He's one of our very good players.

Parker though is easily our best player at the moment. Our best asset on the pitch.  What do you find wrong with Parker?

I know you haven't mentioned him but completely out of interest, did you not rate Shearer in his last few years here?

The next time Pavel SRNICEK keeps goal, he'll be making his 200th English League appearance and 150th in a Newcastle jersey.

How pissed off must Pav feel. He's been stuck on 199 in England and 149 for Newcastle for 8 years  :lol:

I know you said subject to being fit but Dyer never is so that kinda rules him out.  However even when he was fit Dyer was very poor in the center as he hardly ever played to his strengths i.e. using his pace running into space, at players, hiting teams on the break, he and jenas used to play it sideways backwards and it used to annoy the hell out of me. Dyer is effective up front because of his pace but his best position imo is the one he's famous for not liking i.e. the Right Wing because his finishing is not so good.

Emre is still highly regarded in Italy still and has been very stronly linked with Bayern lately as well as being Turkey's best player and named in Pele' s 100 greatest players alive. He's one of our very good players.

Parker though is easily our best player at the moment. Our best asset on the pitch.  What do you find wrong with Parker?

I know you haven't mentioned him but completely out of interest, did you not rate Shearer in his last few years here?

Parker does absolutely nothing creative in my view.

Shearer should have gone the season before last. Newcastle should have moved him on after we finished 3rd. That's not to say he was shite, just that he was well past his best.

Shearer should have gone the season before last. Newcastle should have moved him on after we finished 3rd. That's not to say he was shite, just that he was well past his best.

MR HINDSIGHT

So let me get this straight after finishing 3ed you stood up and said "Shearer now should retire" and "Sir Bobby should go"...

Unbelievble!!!

always makes me laugh when people say such rubbish

Parker though is easily our best player at the moment. Our best asset on the pitch.   What do you find wrong with Parker?

Parker is similar to the Makelle's (arguably better going forward) and not as good but in the same mould as Roy Keane. Every decent team needs a real workhorse in the middle of the pitch Parker is a very good one imo as like Makelle and Keane he is not flamboyantly creative but just does the simple things very very well. He was one of our only bright lights last year and indeed this year too just as Shearer and Given frequently were in years gone by.

Words on the build up to the match from Matt Le Tissier on the skysports website: -

"The Newcastle fans are clearly upset, but I get the feeling they are a little confused as well.

At the end of last season there was a big campaign to get Glenn Roeder the manager's job and it worked, but now it's not going so well, they can't have a go at him because they pretty much put him there in the first place.

That's why Freddy Shepherd is getting it in the neck."

I think you'll find it is you who is the confused one Matt.

Given

Carr -- Taylor -- Ramage -- Babayaro

Solano – Dyer -- Parker -- Duff

Siberski -- Martins

Subs

Harper, Bramble, Emre (70 mins for Siberski use Dyer behind Martins), N’Zogbia(70mins for Duff), Milner(70mins for Solano)

On their game spoke to my Manchester City season ticket holder friend and he says Pearce prefers to use Samaras and Corradi from the start and use Vassel pace off the bench so we will need to watch that, strength wise I think they are stronger then their league position suggests much like us, interestingly they are yet to concede a home goal this season however I see there strength as there centre two of Hamman and Barton who have the ability to be a very strong centre two, also they have pace on the wings with Beasley and Sinclair so overall much stronger team then the form table suggests I feel.

On our game normally I say Roeder must go with the Midfield four of – Duff —Emre — Parker — Solano – which in my opinion we should base our team around but with Dyer supposedly now fit and the fact he offers straight movement from midfield rather then Emre predictable lateral movement he maybe would be a more complementary partnership with Parker who could protecting the back four (a roll he got player of the season for us last year) so that could give us much better balance, however in my opinion with our fantastic rotation squad that Roeder keeps failing to use properly we have the chance to use Dyer, Milner, N’Zogbia off the bench for the last important 30/20 mins of the game to possible change the game or bring much needed energy and pace to the last period of games this is something that frustrates me that Roeder does not use our squad to its best use however this is something he could use for Manchester City game tomorrow we shall see.

In Defence the debate is always which is the two of the four of (–Taylor-Bramble-Ramage-Moore) should Roeder go with till January?

I think Roeder is still very much up in the air with who he likes as a pair not only that but all around the team he seem to not fancy players which I think is a weakness that’s one of my big worries about Glen.

However for me I am a big fan of Steven Taylor and I believe Roeder needs to recognises his talents as potentially being a terrific centre half for us and he needs to find a partner for him and build on that rather then chopping and changing his starting two and keep on that partnership till he can get a experience centre half in January to play alongside side Taylor.

I would go for Ramage who I’ve seen twice get 8/10 solid performances as a Centre Back in a clean sheet away wins against West Ham and a Home clean sheet win against Fernabache, I would love to see Ramage and Taylor been given a real chance as a pair.

Result- depends on Roeder selection and use of subs but I still have faith Manchester City 1 v 2 Newcastle, Duff, Martins

Howay the Lads

Alan Shearer scored 28 goals the season after we finished 3rd.

Not bothered, that was the moment to change the approach to take the next step forward. Having finished 3rd we could have done that from a position of strength. I think later events show the view to be valid, even if you don't agree.

MR HINDSIGHT

So let me get this straight after finishing 3ed you stood up and said "Shearer now should retire" and "Sir Bobby should go"...

Unbelievble!!!

Errr sorry but I said we should replace Shearer and that Robson should go, yes. As grassroots MIGHT confirm if he can be arsed. I have no doubt he'll remember.

Good of you to make a stupid personal judgement based on fúck all.

Given

Carr -- Taylor -- Ramage -- Babayaro

Solano – Dyer -- Parker -- Duff

Siberski -- Martins

Subs

Harper, Bramble, Emre (70 mins for Siberski use Dyer behind Martins), N’Zogbia(70mins for Duff), Milner(70mins for Solano)

On their game spoke to my Manchester City season ticket holder friend and he says Pearce prefers to use Samaras and Corradi from the start and use Vassel pace off the bench so we will need to watch that, strength wise I think they are stronger then their league position suggests much like us, interestingly they are yet to concede a home goal this season however I see there strength as there centre two of Hamman and Barton who have the ability to be a very strong centre two, also they have pace on the wings with Beasley and Sinclair so overall much stronger team then the form table suggests I feel.

On our game normally I say Roeder must go with the Midfield four of – Duff —Emre — Parker — Solano – which in my opinion we should base our team around but with Dyer supposedly now fit and the fact he offers straight movement from midfield rather then Emre predictable lateral movement he maybe would be a more complementary partnership with Parker who could protecting the back four (a roll he got player of the season for us last year) so that could give us much better balance, however in my opinion with our fantastic rotation squad that Roeder keeps failing to use properly we have the chance to use Dyer, Milner, N’Zogbia off the bench for the last important 30/20 mins of the game to possible change the game or bring much needed energy and pace to the last period of games this is something that frustrates me that Roeder does not use our squad to its best use however this is something he could use for Manchester City game tomorrow we shall see.

In Defence the debate is always which is the two of the four of (–Taylor-Bramble-Ramage-Moore) should Roeder go with till January?

I think Roeder is still very much up in the air with who he likes as a pair not only that but all around the team he seem to not fancy players which I think is a weakness that’s one of my big worries about Glen.

However for me I am a big fan of Steven Taylor and I believe Roeder needs to recognises his talents as potentially being a terrific centre half for us and he needs to find a partner for him and build on that rather then chopping and changing his starting two and keep on that partnership till he can get a experience centre half in January to play alongside side Taylor.

I would go for Ramage who I’ve seen twice get 8/10 solid performances as a Centre Back in a clean sheet away wins against West Ham and a Home clean sheet win against Fernabache, I would love to see Ramage and Taylor been given a real chance as a pair.

Result- depends on Roeder selection and use of subs but I still have faith Manchester City 1 v 2 Newcastle, Duff, Martins

Howay the Lads

Parker is similar to the Makelle's (arguably better going forward) and not as good but in the same mould as Roy Keane. Every decent team needs a real workhorse in the middle of the pitch Parker is a very good one imo as like Makelle and Keane he is not flamboyantly creative but just does the simple things very very well. He was one of our only bright lights last year and indeed this year too just as Shearer and Given frequently were in years gone by.

I don't agree that  Parker is very good at anything, he's average at defending/covering and positively shite at creating anything. Last season the team play improved enormously whenever he wasn't playing.

MR HINDSIGHT

Unbelievble!!!

Errr sorry but I said we should replace Shearer and that Robson should go, yes. As grassroots MIGHT confirm if he can be arsed. I have no doubt he'll remember.

Good of you to make a stupid personal judgement based on fúck all.

So right after finishing 3ed you stood up and said the two very catylst of getting us 3ed should go?

Laughable

Just got a text from my City supporting mate - who was taking the piss big time when we signed The Sib. Told him The Sib was a local hero now. His response: "If that's the case mate, I'd worry." bluesigh.gif

Just got a text from my City supporting mate - who was taking the piss big time when we signed The Sib. Told him The Sib was a local hero now. His response: "If that's the case mate, I'd worry." bluesigh.gif

Sibbe has been very impresive. but a agree that it´s a little bit worring when he´s one of our best player. But hoppfully will it take off now blueyes.gif