Man City (A) Line em up - squad named

Skirge

Guest Knightrider

Shearer should have gone the season before last. Newcastle should have moved him on after we finished 3rd. That's not to say he was shite, just that he was well past his best.

MR HINDSIGHT

So let me get this straight after finishing 3ed you stood up and said "Shearer now should retire" and "Sir Bobby should go"...

Unbelievble!!!

always makes me laugh when people say such rubbish

Errr sorry but I said we should replace Shearer and that Robson should go, yes. As grassroots MIGHT confirm if he can be arsed. I have no doubt he'll remember.

Good of you to make a stupid personal judgement based on fúck all.

Liar!

;)

Cant' remember anything about Shearer but I remember you and a few others saying SBR should be moved upstairs after we finished 3rd.

Shearer should have gone the season before last. Newcastle should have moved him on after we finished 3rd. That's not to say he was shite, just that he was well past his best.

MR HINDSIGHT

So let me get this straight after finishing 3ed you stood up and said "Shearer now should retire" and "Sir Bobby should go"...

Unbelievble!!!

Errr sorry but I said we should replace Shearer and that Robson should go, yes. As grassroots MIGHT confirm if he can be arsed. I have no doubt he'll remember.

Liar!

;)

Cant' remember anything about Shearer but I remember you and a few others saying SBR should be moved upstairs after we finished 3rd.

Really?

So you've forgotten all about the string of posts about changing our style of play, something that could only be done without a reliance on Shearer. I'm surprised, but ok if you can't.

Guest Pugwash

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who still persist with the thought Parker and Emre should be our central midfield partnership, despite the amount of evidence that it is a shite combination.

:roll:

Our manager may need changing as he's certainly not getting us results. Our forwards are playing very poorly and struggling to find the net and defensively Car and Bramble in particular are shite, but our midfield........... is actually pretty good, midfield is not an area that needs strengthening and both Parker and Emre are very good quality players, we have the right personel in midfield its up to Roeder to get the best out of them. Why you've decided to pick on Parker and Emre seems a bit odd, entitled to your opinion and all that, but i really struggle to understand why you think its Emre 's and Parkers fault when they are clearly two of our better performers. Are you trying to divert blame away from someone else? Who would you play instead?

I may be wrong mate,  but the implication of your post is that I'm suddenly having a go at Parker and Emre. If that's what you're saying I can tell that isn't the case.

I've been on about Parker being over-rated since he was signed. I've also been on about the partnership with Emre being poor since the early days of that partnership. I know not many appear to agree, but I don't know why anyone is surprised at the possibility given they were signed by the worst Newcastle manager in living memory.

In their place, and subject to being fit, I'd use Dyer and Butt in the centre, and I say that while still believing that CM is not the best position for Dyer, where he leaves large gaps due to a lack of discipline. I'd still do it though.

After that I'd go with Butt and Emre.

After that I'd go with Butt and Zog.

Cheers anyway. We don't have to agree.

I don't think we will agree on this one.

I know you said subject to being fit but Dyer never is so that kinda rules him out. However even when he was fit Dyer was very poor in the center as he hardly ever played to his strengths i.e. using his pace running into space, at players, hiting teams on the break, he and jenas used to play it sideways backwards and it used to annoy the hell out of me. Dyer is effective up front because of his pace but his best position imo is the one he's famous for not liking i.e. the Right Wing because his finishing is not so good.

Emre is still highly regarded in Italy still and has been very stronly linked with Bayern lately as well as being Turkey's best player and named in Pele' s 100 greatest players alive. He's one of our very good players.

Parker though is easily our best player at the moment. Our best asset on the pitch. What do you find wrong with Parker?

I know you haven't mentioned him but completely out of interest, did you not rate Shearer in his last few years here?

That's not much of a recommendation to be honest, unless you're hoping we sign El Hadji Diouf, Jay-Jay Okocha, and Michelle Akers and Mia Hamm both US (Womens) Team, among others?

MR HINDSIGHT

Unbelievble!!!

So right after finishing 3ed you stood up and said the two very catylst of getting us 3ed should go?

Laughable

Look mate, I answered your first post just to state the fact that I posted about that at the time, not in hindsight as you ignorantly claim.

When it comes down to it I don't really give a shite whether you believe me or not. However, I should add that even the likes of John, who I argue with most of the time, was saying much the same at that time, at least about Robson anyway. Others were also saying we needed a change of approach to move forward, I wasn't alone in that idea.

Perhaps you were learning to read at that time, so you missed it?

By the way, Shearer wasn't a 'cataylst' for us finishing 3rd. Showing your ignorance again there, like.

By the way, Shearer wasn't a 'cataylst' for us finishing 3rd. Showing your ignorance again there, like.

Showing my ignorance once again?

Alan Shearer was one of the cataylst thats for sure 80 goals over Sir Bobby's 3ed 4th 5th makes him one of the catalyst for our high times.

if you don't agree who do you suggest was/where the cataylst for 3ed? Souness and his wonderful improved dressing room?

Showing my ignorance once again?

Alan Shearer was one of the cataylst thats for sure 80 goals over Sir Bobby's 3ed 4th 5th makes him one of the catalyst for our high times.

if you don't agree who do you suggest was/where the cataylst for 3ed? Souness and his wonderful improved dressing room?

I suspect you don't know what catalyst means.

I'm not in any mood to debate anything with you mate, your first post to me in this thread should tell you why. You were wrong in that first post, although I doubt you have what it takes to admit it, and you're wrong about this catalyst thing too.

The catalyst for the surge from mediocrity to 4th, 3rd and 5th were the signings made by Robson of Bellamy and Robert. Not Shearer. The catalyst for our move from decades of obscurity was SJH and KK.

That's my last post to you, mate. Say whatever you like, talk about hindsight and call me a liar if you want. I've better things to do.

The catalyst for the surge from mediocrity to 4th, 3rd and 5th were the signings made by Robson of Bellamy and Robert. Not Shearer. 

Intresting I agree with most of that however odd you don't seem to recognise the facts of Alan Shearer impact 80 goals in the Robson's 3ed 4th and 5th seasons which would suggest the opposite to your opinion.

However your right in praising Robson impact signings of Bellamy and Robert, Laurent Robert somebody who in his first season when we finished 4th got 11 goals and and twenty nine last passes prior to other players scoring (Stat from Sir Bobby Autobiography)

Anyway its gone slightly off topic your right back to the current mess Shepherd has put us in :)

Guest newcastle4life

Hope for a huge improveement in performances if Newcastle dont win then we could be in even more bother soon.

hopefully we can if we do i think 1-0

picking a scorer i think Sib will score if he plays

Hope for a huge improveement in performances if Newcastle dont win then we could be in even more bother soon.

hopefully we can if we do i think 1-0 picking a scorer i think Sib will score if he plays

I'll be surprised if we get anything from this match.

Guest newcastle4life

Proberbly not especially with the last few performances but a lose would be bad before going to Arsenal to proberbly lose again and Pompey wont be easy could be in a even worse decision soon.

hopefully we can if we do i think 1-0 picking a scorer i think Sib will score if he plays

I'll be surprised if we get anything from this match.

proberbly not

Guest Moe-Ali

Bullshit, i want a win.

We need a win.

We can achieve a win.

Given

Ramage Taylor Moore Baba

Duff Emre Parker Zoggy

Martins/Rossi Sibierski.

Lets get this done.

I agree with HTL on the catalyst thing, Shearer was there to score the goals but the signings of Bellamy and Robert were the push that took us up another level.

Halcyon days when we still showed ambition on the pitch...

we arnt home boys anymore .my take is we play more relaxed away, no pressure for our spineless players who cannot take stick or handle pressure at home .perfect opportunity in the league to show the sheffield performance is out of there systems or am i being to optimistic.

I agree with HTL on the catalyst thing, Shearer was there to score the goals but the signings of Bellamy and Robert were the push that took us up another level.

Robert, certainly. The likes of Speed, Nobby and Jenas (at the time) too.

Bellamy - hardly. He never played.

Robert, certainly. The likes of Speed, Nobby and Jenas (at the time) too.

Bellamy - hardly. He never played.

Give over man. After 27 games that season, we were 2 points off the top with a game in hand. Bellamy got injured after the Sunderland game and we fell out of the title race.