Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Guest elbee909

Is anyone here still involved in the bidding?

Yes, just about

I am selling the match worn SBR shirt I bought on the official auction as needs must:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Z-Khizanishvili-Newcastle-Match-Worn-Shirt-SIR-BOBBY-/160485529626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255daed81a#ht_500wt_920

Sorry about that, however you will get nowhere near £550 for that because the money went to SBR Foundation and the shirt is Zurab's.

People who start auctions at high prices are shooting themselves in the foot - regardless of what they may have paid for the original item.

Yes, just about

I am selling the match worn SBR shirt I bought on the official auction as needs must:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Z-Khizanishvili-Newcastle-Match-Worn-Shirt-SIR-BOBBY-/160485529626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255daed81a#ht_500wt_920

Sorry about that, however you will get nowhere near £550 for that because the money went to SBR Foundation and the shirt is Zurab's.

People who start auctions at high prices are shooting themselves in the foot - regardless of what they may have paid for the original item.

Ya but if you set at a ridiculously low price, aren't you risking selling the item for way below market price?

Guest HatchBach

I was going to start it lower but did not want to risk it going for less than a reasonable price

The price on there is more or less the price I want

Guest elbee909

Yes, just about

Ya but if you set at a ridiculously low price, aren't you risking selling the item for way below market price?

Yep, but it will find it's value if enough people know about it.  Which they probably do now.

What something is worth isn't the same as how much a person might want to sell it for.  If 550 is the price you want for it why not just make it a fixed price sale?

What will probably happen is it won't sell.  Maybe I'm wrong but that's what's most likely to happen.  For auctions to do the business you need to have people bidding against each other so that bidders realise they might lose out on the item.

Maybe I'm wrong though, and a load of Zurab fans will pop up...

I was going to start it lower but did not want to risk it going for less than a reasonable price

The price on there is more or less the price I want

I would be surprised if you had a single bid on the item.

I doubt anyone would buy it for half price.

Guest elbee909

I have started auctions at 99p for items worth around two grand.

Things nearly always sell for what they're worth.  You may be disappointed to find out you've overpaid but no-one should have to subsidise your mistake.

It's not something I really ever wanted to sell given the game, the charity etc but I am sadly in need of the money

Sadly, I think you're going to have to look elsewhere for the cash mate. Don't think you'll get anywhere near the £300 you're asking, let alone the successful bidding price, especially when the money isn't going directly to SBR Foundation.

Nothing against you moving on the shirt, fair play for buying it and donating so much to SBR Foundation in the first place, but your valuation is a bit out of place IMO

Guest neesy111

Newcastle Shirt in Sports Bar in Barcelona, must of have been given when we played there in Champions League in 02/03.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5442/imagedfu.jpg

Guest Tall Striker

Did the club ever sell the Steven Taylor one?

Not sure, but I know the lad who bought the Kevin Nolan one for 5 grand.

Not too sure what to make of Nolan's interview on the end of season DVD, where he says the shirt has 'a special place on the wall in his games room'. Either

a) The clubs sold the lad a fake

b) Nolan's blagging out his arse on the DVD

c) The lad bought the shirt, needed some cash so listed it on ebay, originally for asking price but then reduced it to 99p, and Nolan snapped it up.