Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Just been reading some of the posts on the early pages of this thread and it's really got to me  :weep:

And me. Really miss the Bobby years, my fondest memories given I'm only 24. A true great, symbolic of everything the game should be, but today isn't. Seemed he died when the club was at it's lowest, but I guarentee he would be proud of the current crop.

Miss you, sir, bet your'e managing the greats in the sky now.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3504/52512413564453965821803.jpg

Just took the time to go through the entire thread again, read the tributes and watch the videos.

Absolutely bawled my eyes out. What a man he was and the many lives he touched is just testament to how incredible he was.

Dunno if it's online but there's a really nice story in today's Express about Sir Bobby and the current Porto manager. :)

There was an article in the Sunday Sun about ti a few weeks ago :thup:

Fantastic how he's became manager when he started off just pestering Sir Bobby about what team to play in a lift

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The send off that Football gave him was fantastic, it wasn't just the North-East it was every club, and beyond, that came to say goodbye to such a great man and manager. His last public appearance speaks volumes for the character that he was, his determination to be there for the fans that turned up, and of course the players. Legend.

I think Bobby has been our guardian angel watching over us since he passed. Still though such a shame his last memories of us were being relegated, though he'd be a proud man to see how we've responded.

Can't wait to see the garden, I think it will be class.

I think Bobby has been our guardian angel watching over us since he passed. Still though such a shame his last memories of us were being relegated, though he'd be a proud man to see how we've responded.

I've no doubt he'll be standing somewhere, watching every game with a smile on his face, beaming with pride :thup:

I've no doubt he'll be standing somewhere, watching every game with a smile on his face, beaming with pride :thup:

Nowt wrong with being sentimental guys, fuck these puffs above.

Sir Bobby Robson name given to train  :clap: :clap:

A train has been named after the former Newcastle United and England manager Sir Bobby Robson.

The Sir Bobby Robson class 91 electric locomotive was unveiled by the legend's widow Lady Elsie Robson and former England captain Alan Shearer.

The East Coast train left Newcastle Central Station for its first journey to London's King's Cross on Tuesday morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12890755

That train passed me the other morning at Edinburgh Haymarket as I was stood waiting for my train to Glasgow on a pissing wet grey morning.

Cheered me up no end seeing the name plaque. :smitten: