Fantasy Premier League 09/10 - Problem with the old N-O league please reregister

James

Guest Stephen927

Typical. :lol:

My team is

Goalies: Cech, Given

Defenders: Shawcross, Mancienne, Bassong, Rio Ferdinand, Evra

Midfielders: Cana, Noble, Milner, Mascherano, Diaby

Forwards: Drogba, Robinho, Anelka.

Probably fairly poor but this is the first time I've tried a fantasy league, and I didn't really spend as much time selecting the team as I should have.

Guest firetotheworks

Thats shit how points arent added when you join a new league. Ive just joined now and I'll be starting from nothing despite having 109 points so far.

Thats shit how points arent added when you join a new league. Ive just joined now and I'll be starting from nothing despite having 109 points so far.

Oh what.  Does it not just mean you're not listed on the league yet but you'll be listed after the next matchday (with all your points)?  Pointless (in more ways than one) otherwise.

Just tried to make some transfers but didn't realise the deadline was 11:30am today, despite there being no early kick-offs, balls.

Exactly the same, so I've got, for example, Beattie playing instead of Adebayor; and 2 Wigan defenders.  :angry:

Does it cost points to make transfers?

You get 2 free transfers per week.  Any more and I think they dock 2 points off per transfer.

You get one free transfer a week, but they roll over if you don't use them this season.

Just used my wildcard.  Any glaring errors or better options anyone wants to suggest before the 11:30 deadline?

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8076/capturet.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

I normally have Arshavin and Beattie, but Beatties injured so I took a 4 point hit and swapped them for Gerrard and Keogh

http://i27.tinypic.com/33122ra.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

You get 2 free transfers per week.  Any more and I think they dock 2 points off per transfer.

You get one free transfer a week, but they roll over if you don't use them this season.

Just used my wildcard.  Any glaring errors or better options anyone wants to suggest before the 11:30 deadline?

The only glaring error is that you've used your wildcard before week 4.  :crazy2:

The only glaring error is that you've used your wildcard before week 4.  :crazy2:

Nope, after four seasons of doing it I now always try and use my wildcard in the first month.  You quickly see who the big point scorers will be and you can get them all on board early and watch them rocket in value. The later you play your wildcard, the less games you get the benefit of it.  Usually at one point later in the season I'll make a whole load of changes again and just take the points hit, but the points you get from your early wildcard play make up for it.

Guest firetotheworks

Nope, after four seasons of doing it I now always try and use my wildcard in the first month.  You quickly see who the big point scorers will be and you can get them all on board early and watch them rocket in value. The later you play your wildcard, the less games you get the benefit of it.  Usually at one point later in the season I'll make a whole load of changes again and just take the points hit, but the points you get from your early wildcard play make up for it.

That's a good approach actually, if you didnt choose the big hitters straight away anyway, but in my case I can get by pretty well with the obvious players in there. I usually do it if I get too many injuries, or ideally before a cheap player moves to a bigger one and is a starter in the January transfer window.

Oooh, really? That's a change.

• 4 weeks later...