The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Home, then away to Uruguay

They'll take Peru. Uruguay will probably be tricky with how s**** they're doing at the moment.

I still think they'll edge a spot though, they're Argentina, they'll pull themselves together. But it's an interesting prospect though, with the potential "how do you give "god" the sack?" situation if they don't make it.

I have been dwelling in some Argentinian footie forums (I'm like a moth, attracted by the flame), and they are pretty much fine with the idea of giving him the boot. "You were a great player but you are an awful manager" is the sentiment.

They are, however, massively deluded regarding their players. Verón is apparently the best midfielder in the world.

4-2 now, game over me thinks. England have done well tho, Germany are just a lot better than any other European team

Reading between the lines on the text thingy, Germany have just been hammering high crosses into the box. Is that their thang, that they're just taller?

How shit were Argentina? Maradona is deluded. They are still playing Veron and have 36 year old Martin Palermo coming off the bench? I'm not surprised they got beat.

I used to love Palermo on FM, he was an excellent target man. Crazy if he's still playing now though, same goes for Veron.

4-2 now, game over me thinks. England have done well tho, Germany are just a lot better than any other European team

Reading between the lines on the text thingy, Germany have just been hammering high crosses into the box. Is that their thang, that they're just taller?

i dont know a great deal about them, but 3 (4 now) of their goals have come from having the ball at their feet, only 1 was a header. They are ust stronger, more experienced and better overal. Kelly Smith is pretty much the only England player who is as good as them

i dont know a great deal about them, but 3 (4 now) of their goals have come from having the ball at their feet, only 1 was a header. They are ust stronger, more experienced and better overal. Kelly Smith is pretty much the only England player who is as good as them

Cheers.