The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Would be good to see Honduras qualify for the World Cup this week. If they beat El Salvador, and USA beat Costa Rica, they're through. Can safely say I know none of their players or ever seen them play.

Seriously you have to be joking?

Hendry Thomas, Maynor Figueroa from Wigan?

Wilson Palacios of Spurs?

David Suazo of Inter?

:kasper:

Edit: You dont even remember Sunderland scoring legend Milton Nunez? :facepalm:

tbh I would've agreed with him until you actually listed the players I knew.

Guest Roger Kint

Would be good to see Honduras qualify for the World Cup this week. If they beat El Salvador, and USA beat Costa Rica, they're through. Can safely say I know none of their players or ever seen them play.

Seriously you have to be joking?

Hendry Thomas, Maynor Figueroa from Wigan?

Wilson Palacios of Spurs?

David Suazo of Inter?

:kasper:

Edit: You dont even remember Sunderland scoring legend Milton Nunez? :facepalm:

tbh I would've agreed with him until you actually listed the players I knew.

If he had of said Costa Rica or El Salvador i would have needed snookers after Wanchope ;D

Figueroa is a very consistent, quality player. I find it baffling that a bigger club hasn't been in for him

If you listen to some media reports, they have been. However, the simple answer to your question is that he was playing in Honduras a little over a year ago. Clubs might want to see if he can sustain his level over any decent period.

Germany through, Finland already out, but im pretty impressed with Finland, a win today and they have got 20 points, pretty crazy not being in the playoffs at least  :thup:

Pretty shit luck with the group draw

Kids or proper team?

1. Rene Adler

2. Andreas Beck

3. Arne Friedrich

5. Heiko Wetsermann

9. Cacau

10. Lukas Podolski

13. Michael Ballack ©

14. Piotr Trochowski

15. Thomas Hitzlsberger

16. Philipp Lahm

18. Mario Gomez

Figueroa is a very consistent, quality player. I find it baffling that a bigger club hasn't been in for him

If you listen to some media reports, they have been. However, the simple answer to your question is that he was playing in Honduras a little over a year ago. Clubs might want to see if he can sustain his level over any decent period.

He's been at Wigan for two and a half seasons, hasn't he? Of which the first 6 months was on loan and he only made one appearance.

Kids or proper team?

1. Rene Adler

2. Andreas Beck

3. Arne Friedrich

5. Heiko Wetsermann

9. Cacau

10. Lukas Podolski

13. Michael Ballack ©

14. Piotr Trochowski

15. Thomas Hitzlsberger

16. Philipp Lahm

18. Mario Gomez

Ah, I meant kids as in U20s or something, not a youthful team.  I didn't realise any proper games had kicked off.

When the hell did Cacau become German?! How the hell can we be barred from calling up Carlton Cole, yet Germany can call up Cacau?

He's been at Wigan for two and a half seasons, hasn't he? Of which the first 6 months was on loan and he only made one appearance.

Must admit, I didn't check dates or anything. Maybe I got the dates wrong, but he is still unproven which can be a turn-off when you're 27-28.

Guest Heneage

Boo's ring around the German stadium. I still don't rate Ballack, I think he's vastly over-rated and have yet to see him play consistently well.

0-1 HT

Superb. Not so much the score but the way we've played. Best performance in these qualifications.

Gives some hope for the future atleast. Maybe we'll qualify for a tournament during my lifetime  :aww:

Wonderful performance from Finland in the first 45...Germany had like 0 chances and 1 long shot on goal. If only we could perform a bit more consistent for once in the qualifications.

And Hyypiä looks like reborn since his transfer to Leverkusen! Great defending so far

Jari Litmanen caught just offside, at his age you'd think he'd know better.

Finnish commentator said he couldnt be offside. He hasnt been fast enough to be offside since the 90's

To be fair, he still has more creativity in his little toe than the entire current Newcastle squad.

Any talk of him retiring? Surely he hasn't got much longer left.

Jari Litmanen caught just offside, at his age you'd think he'd know better.

Can't believe he's still playing in their national team, isn't he like 40 or something?

38. He doesnt play much club football these days (but he has a Finnish team), just national team matches. No doubt this will be his last full campaign