The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Anyone up for some Park Ji-Sung bingo tonight? Vital points include anytime we hear that:

• He has a good work rate
  • He is "industrious"
  • He's the first name on the team sheet for these big games
  • He's an underrated player
  • He may not be technically gifted but he is vital for Man Utd

Feel free to add more.

hehehe class i'm gonna listen out for these  :coolsmiley:

Guest firetotheworks

'Look at that asian go!'

'What an asian!'

'He's from asia, that one!'

'From Asia to Coronasian Street, he'd run there, and back for you, just to take a throw in, he never stops that bloody lovely, asian.'

Diaby was immense.

In a 'do f*** all but let the opposition cm's pass around you' sort of way?

No. In a 'doing everything by myself against the best team in the world' sort of way.

Barca had problems coping with him at times and had to close him down in numbers. Ok, sometimes after he'd do great using his body strength and tenacity to run through them, he'd then fuck it up with a bad final ball. But, in general, he had a really good game despite no support.

He's come on leaps and bounds in the past year and has the raw ingredients to be top quality.

Seemed a bit futile to point out that Messi played well! :lol:

I thought I'd see if anyone agreed about how Diaby played, caught the eye a lot more than his Barca equivalents Keita and Toure for example.

Guest Heneage

Diaby was immense.

In a 'do f*** all but let the opposition cm's pass around you' sort of way?

No. In a 'doing everything by myself against the best team in the world' sort of way.

Barca had problems coping with him at times and had to close him down in numbers. Ok, sometimes after he'd do great using his body strength and tenacity to run through them, he'd then f*** it up with a bad final ball. But, in general, he had a really good game despite no support.

He's come on leaps and bounds in the past year and has the raw ingredients to be top quality.

Seemed a bit futile to point out that Messi played well! :lol:

I thought I'd see if anyone agreed about how Diaby played, caught the eye a lot more than his Barca equivalents Keita and Toure for example.

In Barca's side he'd have looked world class and played very well last night, if they are looking sell I'd happily spunk 10m on him.

Guest BooBoo

The Bosch fans milling round Old Trafford are doing nowt to dispel the stereotype of the round bellied moustachioed badly dressed German. Dungarees ffs.

Really hope Bayern manage to get through tonight. No English teams in the semis, the media will be soiling their little frenchies  :aww:

I thought there was a 'massive gulf in class' between the English teams and everybody else?  :doh:

What is it, 3 winners since the Champions League (as far as Sky are concerned) started?

Really hope Bayern manage to get through tonight. No English teams in the semis, the media will be soiling their little frenchies  :aww:

I thought there was a 'massive gulf in class' between the English teams and everybody else?  :doh:

What is it, 3 winners since the Champions League (as far as Sky are concerned) started?

Aye, bit poor from the best league in the world.

Wouldn't have minded Arsenal winning it like but now they are out foreign domination would be appreciated.

Rooney starts for Man U. Massive risk, lets hope for England's sake he doesn't make it worse.

This has me really worried about England in the World Cup. I hope he's truly fit and not being rushed back or this could end up being really ugly.