The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Geeet in.

Fulham - Atletico is a great final. Would mean loads to both sets of supporters to win it.

Aye. First European final for Atlético since 1986, and would be their first proper European trophy since the early 60s.

(they happen to be the only club to have won the Intercontinental Cup without winning the EC/CL before!)

Exactly, Liverpool were treating this as some shitty little consolation for their terrible season. As if it's some kind of European Carling Cup. Fulham get to end their fairy tail against a side every bit as passionate about the competition as themselves. I hope the final is a great occasion.

Always had a soft spot for Atletico anyway, they seem similar to us in being a complete circus at times.

even after the portsmouth not getting into europe thing does it mean liverpool now have to finsh 6th to get into europe next season ?

nope 7th-man u won lc so that place goes to league and fa cup place goes to league too.

keep your eye on everton for that spot is what i'll say

even after the portsmouth not getting into europe thing does it mean liverpool now have to finsh 6th to get into europe next season ?

Would hate for Liverpool to get in through the back door. I think if Fulham win the trophy the 7th place, what Liverpool would have got, would be taken away.

Anyone else feel sorry for those Liverpool fans? They didn't deserve this.

not in the slightest they could use with been taken down a peg or 20

But the Kop is such a special place to be on Champions League nights.

They suck the ball into the net sometimes.

:fishing:

If Fulham win the trophy they will be allocated a place in the competition as holders, which will have no affect on the league qualifying positions. 4th-7th will still go into the UEFA Cup.

Also if Fulham win the UEFA Cup and the Premiership stays in the top 3 fair play leagues in Europe (currently 3rd) then Burnley will be allocated a European place due to being the highest ranked fair play team in the Premier League that wont have already qualified for Europe.

1 Arsenal        8.59

2 Tottenham    8.48

3 Fulham        8.43

4 Man Utd 8.41

5 Chelsea  8.39

6 Burnley      8.24

7 Aston Villa  8.23

8 Man City 8.15

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

If Fulham lose the final, they're on course to be in it next season anyway - so long as the Premier League doesn't go card mental in the last couple of weeks.

As I said, if Fulham win it then Burnley are the next to be allocated the position.

Gotta say I think rewarding teams for Fair Play in this way is a great idea.

As I said, if Fulham win it then Burnley are the next to be allocated the position.

Aye, remember when Rayo Vallecano got a spot that way in 2000. They got to quarter finals, it was the season of their lives.

Aye, remember when Rayo Vallecano got a spot that way in 2000. They got to quarter finals, it was the season of their lives.

I remember them getting knocked out by Alaves aye. Who also had one mental European campaign only to subsequently dissapear after that, that final against Liverpool was incredible.

I remember them getting knocked out by Alaves aye. Who also had one mental European campaign only to subsequently dissapear after that, that final against Liverpool was incredible.

They got relegated the season immediately after and then they got done by Dmitry Piterman, the club destroyer.