The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

i dont agree with this idea that the added time was fine because he had to allow for a goal and a substitution, if thats the case then i suspect we should be seeing a lot more time added on every game, most games have 5 or 6 subs in second half so that would make it 3 mins before you include goals celebrations and injuries. take the arsenal game yesterday, 3 second half goals, 6 second half subs plus any injuries that might have occured, total time added on 3 mins. couldnt care who won that game to be honest, but winds me up the amount of times its happened for man utd over the yrs.

Sporting Gijon equalises. c***s.

i never understand why people rates joaquin... very nolan class footbaler.

Game finished 2-2, and that's why Valencia won't be challenging this year. On their day, they can beat any team on the planet, but then they go and bottle it at home against a 10-man side that will be battling for relegation this season.

i dont agree with this idea that the added time was fine because he had to allow for a goal and a substitution, if thats the case then i suspect we should be seeing a lot more time added on every game, most games have 5 or 6 subs in second half so that would make it 3 mins before you include goals celebrations and injuries. take the arsenal game yesterday, 3 second half goals, 6 second half subs plus any injuries that might have occured, total time added on 3 mins. couldnt care who won that game to be honest, but winds me up the amount of times its happened for man utd over the yrs.

You're right like, there's no consistency.

Guest toonlass

Extra time doesn't get added on for goals like.  :kinnear:

MOTD2 doesn't seem to agree like.

Time was added on because a spectator got on the pitch, non?

Time was added on because it was Manchester United at home and they weren't winning aye?

If subs did not effect the clock why did Fergie cunningly put Carrick on so late in the game?

He whacked Carrick on & then applied the pressure on the 4th official/ref about time added for subs & no doubt mentioned how long Bellamy lapped up the City applause. Fergie is master at this sort of shit remember when used to have his own clock ffs

More at our game yesterday than Chelsea v Spurs today.

Could have something to do with SJP holding about 10, 000 more than Stamford Bridge.

Huh? They could've had a capacity of one million and not beaten us, because their fans didn't turn up.

Edit: have seen conflicting reports of the attendance, now. :lol:

Extra time has no hard rules, really, the ref does as he wishes:

Allowance is made in either period for all time lost through:

• substitutions

• assessment of injury to players

• removal of injured players from the field of play for treatment

• wasting time

• any other cause

Allowance for time lost is at the sole discretion of the referee

He may well have considered that the goal celebrations were too long and a way of wasting time.

To be honest injury time has always been a bit of a joke, and I think we should just stop the clock when the ball goes outside (and allow for the ball to go out of play before signaling the end of a period so a goalscoring chance isn't interrupted).