The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

From football365.com:

"I knew I didn't touch him and I said to the referee to book me or send me off, it would have made me feel better.

"I'm sure he (Ngog) has got a family, well if I went home having done that I'd be embarrassed.

"You're supposed to be teaching your kids an example and that is just an embarrassing case of cheating.

Carsley speaks.  :smitten:

Carsley should shut up and not make such stupid tackles. His bad decision put the referee in the position to fall N'Gog's dive.

Why does everyone spell "N'Gog" wrong btw? I've seen places like the BBC spell it "Ngog". Weird because you never see anyone write "Nzogbia"

Probably took the spelling off the official Liverpool site

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/ngog/

Guest Heneage

From football365.com:

"I knew I didn't touch him and I said to the referee to book me or send me off, it would have made me feel better.

"I'm sure he (Ngog) has got a family, well if I went home having done that I'd be embarrassed.

"You're supposed to be teaching your kids an example and that is just an embarrassing case of cheating.

Carsley should shut up and not make such stupid tackles. His bad decision put the referee in the position to fall N'Gog's dive.

Why does everyone spell "N'Gog" wrong btw? I've seen places like the BBC spell it "Ngog". Weird because you never see anyone write "Nzogbia"

What that theory is daft, Carsley shouldn't make a tackle and let him have a free run to the goal? NGog cheated, period.

Meanwhile, Bojan scores a brace in 3 minutes to set Barcelona 2-0 against Cultural.

Barcelona players are wearing black bracelets in memory of Enke.

Elsewhere in the Cup, not many surprises with only Sporting Gijón and Tenerife falling to Recreativo Huelva and Celta, respectively.

From football365.com:

This talk of N'Zogbia totally reminded me of this post I saw on here before I even joined the forum that I found absolutely hilarious.  Just found it, it was in the thread about N'Zogbia kicking off about the Insomnia stuff.

fucking gutted I named my dog "charles n'dogbia" now.

From football365.com:

This talk of N'Zogbia totally reminded me of this post I saw on here before I even joined the forum that I found absolutely hilarious.  Just found it, it was in the thread about N'Zogbia kicking off about the Insomnia stuff.

:lol: :lol:

Love how you've found that gem even though you weren't even here at the time.

From football365.com:

It was probably the main reason that I signed up.

Oh Jesus Christ, apparently Pellegrini wasn't aware that Ramos wasn't banned for this match and that's the reason why he put Lassana Diarra at right back.  :facepalm:

How long until he gets the sack?

Diarra has played right back countless times. He's even played there for France.

Yes, Diarra played there for France, but he has never played there for Real so it was a weird thing to do, particularly when it means you put Gago and the bad Diarra as your midfield (still wondering why Alonso wasn't there, who was supposed to supply those 4 forwards? Are you going to play longball against a 3rd Division team, really?).

Anyway, I doubt Pellegrini will be sacked before the Barça-Real game in 3 weeks. That one could be a decider for him, though.

Marca are already trumpeting for him to get the boot though, gotta love how they destabilize their own team, time and time again.

From football365.com:

It was probably the main reason that I signed up.

I've put it in my sig now with cubaricho's kind permission.  Brilliant quote like.

For anyone like me who is a peasant and doesn't have Sky but wants a game to watch today - Rochdale vs Luton Town is live on ITV4, an FA Cup First Round Replay, starts at 19:45 (the programme, anyway).

The first game was 3-3, I dunno, might be good.