The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I could watch that Owen miss all day tbh. The only thing that would make it better would be if as he mis-hit it he inadvertently stood on a land mine.

Southgate - "Was he a bit cold, coming off the bench?"

:lol:

Think Rooney was the only Man U player who actually gave a fuck.

He wasn't faultless himself though, not by any means - caught in posession a number of times.

He's getting really greedy/over-ambitious too if you ask me. I know he's fabulously talented and scoring at present but some of the efforts he went for today were ludicrous. That one right at the end was bonkers.

i think thats frustration he isnt just manures best striker hes they're only real striker full stop and the rest arent as good as him

Spot on. He's exceedingly talented but when things are going wrong, he loses it - not particularly in terms of aggression as it was previously, but he just gets selfish and tries things that probably won't come off. Lauded as a genius when it comes off, mind.

Guest Stephen927

I think Leeds will be back in the Prem come the 2011/12 season.

They will be in the Championship next season, but beyond that it's anybodys guess. Reading raised their game yesterday against Liverpool too, it happens, and it can disguise the teams own faults in their own league. Anyone watching the game yesterday would have thought Reading were the league leaders, rather than being 2 points away from the relegation zone.

Knee-jerk stuff here, but does anyone else think Man Utd have lost the 'aura' around them? When you go to Old Trafford, you think, "shite, gonna get beat", but it doesn't feel like that anymore. Granted, still a very good side, but I can't remember a Man Utd side losing 5 league games by the turn of the year.

Never been the same Manure without Ronaldo tbh

What did Owen do? :)

He was let down by his teammates. One also needs to remember that his goals to chances ratio is pretty good if you remove chances that were on his left foot, came at him too fast, the ball bobbled, or Capello was using his mind tricks in the stands.

Maybe I should have been clearer: What happened that caused all the "HAHA Owen you f**king cunt" and that? :) Missed a sitter?

Think Rooney was the only Man U player who actually gave a fuck.

He wasn't faultless himself though, not by any means - caught in posession a number of times.

He's getting really greedy/over-ambitious too if you ask me. I know he's fabulously talented and scoring at present but some of the efforts he went for today were ludicrous. That one right at the end was bonkers.

i think thats frustration he isnt just manures best striker hes they're only real striker full stop and the rest arent as good as him

Spot on. He's exceedingly talented but when things are going wrong, he loses it - not particularly in terms of aggression as it was previously, but he just gets selfish and tries things that probably won't come off. Lauded as a genius when it comes off, mind.

Aye, just doesn't seem to trust his team-mates. Not that I blame him, like, some of the players out there today aren't even close to Man Utd quality.

They will be in the Championship next season, but beyond that it's anybodys guess. Reading raised their game yesterday against Liverpool too, it happens, and it can disguise the teams own faults in their own league. Anyone watching the game yesterday would have thought Reading were the league leaders, rather than being 2 points away from the relegation zone.

They've played rather well in the league as well apparently.

they have but they are better than league one, how much better remains to be seen back in the prem in 3 years i think

Guest Stephen927

Rooney is having a good season, 14 goals in 19 appearances in the league but there is definitely something missing from Man United. They don't have that special striker up front, like Ronaldo or van Nistelrooy. Rooney will probably fizzle out second half in the season as he rarely has an extended period of goals.

Then you look at Valencia on the wing, isn't producing the goods, same for Obertan who although incredibly pacey lacks the quality that we are used to from Man United players.

I think they must be in great financial difficulty, big money from the Ronaldo sale but no real investment back into the team unless Real Madrid are paying £5m a year.

Rooney is having a good season, 14 goals in 19 appearances in the league but there is definitely something missing from Man United. They don't have that special striker up front, like Ronaldo or van Nistelrooy. Rooney will probably fizzle out second half in the season as he rarely has an extended period of goals.

Then you look at Valencia on the wing, isn't producing the goods, same for Obertan who although incredibly pacey lacks the quality that we are used to from Man United players.

I think they must be in great financial difficulty, big money from the Ronaldo sale but no real investment back into the team unless Real Madrid are paying £5m a year.

Thought he'd done pretty well so far this season.

Guest Stephen927

There is a decent gap between them and second placed Charlton. We will see, if Beckford goes in this window like many expect him to they need to replace him with similar League One quality. A lot of their players are now in the shop window, the likes of Kisnorbo will be attracting interest from Championship teams.