The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I've always thought Leeds's name would get back them back settled as a prem team in the medium term.  Can't really rationalise though.  Partly, their name should help them get players and maybe a rich owner.  I think if I was a player I'd rather be at Leeds than Barnsley, even if the latter are higher.

Rooney is having a good season, 14 goals in 19 appearances in the league but there is definitely something missing from Man United. They don't have that special striker up front, like Ronaldo or van Nistelrooy. Rooney will probably fizzle out second half in the season as he rarely has an extended period of goals.

Then you look at Valencia on the wing, isn't producing the goods, same for Obertan who although incredibly pacey lacks the quality that we are used to from Man United players.

I think they must be in great financial difficulty, big money from the Ronaldo sale but no real investment back into the team unless Real Madrid are paying £5m a year.

Thought he'd done pretty well so far this season.

Aye, he was probably their biggest threat in the second half.

Last season the Mancs could always rely on Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov or Ronaldo to pop up with a goal, they've lost two of them. When they weren't scoring they knew Ferdinanad and Vidic would give nothing away at the back, both, the former in particular has been knackered with injury, its really no suprsie they don't look as threatening. They'll still be up there at the end of the season though.

can we not just have extended build up to the WH vs. Arsenal game now?  What fucking dogshite is this? 'Athletes do the funniest things?'

If it wasn't for football, I don't think I'd ever watch this abysmal channel.

:lol:

(see the Lookalikes thread)

can we not just have extended build up to the WH vs. Arsenal game now?  What fucking dogshite is this? 'Athletes do the funniest things?'

"Athletes"  :undecided:

This is shit like.

can we not just have extended build up to the WH vs. Arsenal game now?  What f***ing dogshite is this? 'Athletes do the funniest things?'

"Athletes"  :undecided:

This is s*** like.

little kid stood in a boxing/wrestling ring waving his arms.

Nearly fucking wet meself...

Guest firetotheworks

Last season the Mancs could always rely on Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov or Ronaldo to pop up with a goal, they've lost two of them. When they weren't scoring they could knew Ferdinanad and Vidic would give nothing away at the back, both, the former in particular have been knackered with injury, its really no suprsie they don't look as threatening. They'll still be up there at the end of the season though.

Definitely. Add to the fact that the 2 that are left (well, maybe not Berbatov) know that they have to step it up defensively without Vidic and Ferdinand, and you've got them playing lower than their potential too. You really cannot get away from the obvious one mainly though, without Ronaldo they're stripped of so, so much.

BE SOMEBODY

BE SOMEBODY

BE SOMEBODY

BEEEEEEEE SOMEBODDYYYY

BEEEEEEEE SOMEBODDYYYY

solid gold

solid gold

solid goooooo-ooooold

Shite song, but quite a decent opening intro thingy for ITV this year imo.

BE SOMEBODY

BE SOMEBODY

BE SOMEBODY

BEEEEEEEE SOMEBODDYYYY

BEEEEEEEE SOMEBODDYYYY

solid gold

solid gold

solid goooooo-ooooold

Shite song, but quite a decent opening intro thingy for ITV this year imo.

I quite like that song. :blush:

Good to see Hartson is doing better. :thup: