The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Surprised at the amount of dislike for Given. The guy stayed with us through far more than almost any player of his caliber would have. I'd like to see a Villa/Man City final, with any kind of result.

Seriously, Palacios, just quit.

They'll probably get chucked out for it :lol:

Blackburn into the final, and Allardyce would be crowing from the fucking rooftops about his achievement. One step from winning the World Cup dontchaknow.

Guest firetotheworks

Surprised at the amount of dislike for Given. The guy stayed with us through far more than almost any player of his caliber would have. I'd like to see a Villa/Man City final, with any kind of result.

The whole thing with Given is that he left in January. It's as simple as that.

2143: Sebastien Bassong comes on for Spurs for Ledley King, while Maxi Rodriguez comes on for Albert Riera for Liverpool. Bassong would have come on four minutes ago, apparently, but he didn't have any shorts on. I imagine Harry will have been delighted about that.

;D

Guest toonlass

Pleased for villa. Would have hated to see Blackburn get to Wembley and would hate to see Given win anything, so I guess I would like to see Man U win next week, and then Villa win it at Wembley and shock Manchester United.

No bitterness there.

Like the Murphys, I'm not bitter  O0

Thie situation as a whole is not that simple though. Had it been someone like Owen, Martins, Barton, etc., then it would be that simple

Thie situation as a whole is not that simple though. Had it been someone like Owen, Martins, Barton, etc., then it would be that simple

Please don't start this discussion. I beg you.

Guest firetotheworks

It's been done to death. No one will change their mind.

Please don't start this discussion. I beg you.

If you say so.

I'd like to see a Villa/Man City final, with any kind of result.

Same here. Man U not getting to the final would be a further push toward the edge of financial oblivion for them.

:lol:

Missing out on the final of the League Cup will hardly be the end of the world for them.

No it won't but every little helps. They can only sustain their current repayments if they remain a successful, top 4 Premiership side that wins things. They only made a profit last year because they sold Ronaldo.

Allardyce gracious in defeat there as always.  Serious lack of class - didn't give Villa any credit whatsoever and just moaned about the referee.

O'Neill made him look foolish immediately afterwards, which was nice.