Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Bari deserve their point. Their defence hardly put a foot wrong today.

Inter have no one but themselves to blame for letting Bari get back into it after they went ahead.

Also, despite a couple of wide players coming on Inter still insisted on trying to pass the ball through the Bari defence instead of running in behind out wide. If they had been more direct with their play, getting the ball out wide quickly then they'd have pulled the Bari defence to pieces and created some space for potentially the best striking partnership in Europe.

Instead the ball was coming out wide, held, played back inside. Little short passes around the penalty box and Bari had time to get midfielders back and crowd out Milito, Eto'o, Balotelli and Quaresma.

If they had just picked up the ball and ran at them then they would have murdered them.

Napoli are causing Palermo to shit themselves. Hit the woodwork twice in the last couple of minutes. Hamsik had a goal ruled out for offside 10 minutes ago, too. If he was off then it would have been by millimetres. Really harsh.

And naturally Palermo go 1-0 up.  :lol:

Napoli have made some very good buys this summer. I am a big Quag fan(I'm not gonna try and spell the rest :lol: ).

Quagliarella is supposed to be good. I haven't seen much of him. I've never paid too much attention to Udinese. Most of what I've seen he's been playing for the national side.

Other than that he's fantastic on FM.  :snod:

Napoli have made some very good buys this summer. I am a big Quag fan(I'm not gonna try and spell the rest :lol: ).

Quagliarella is supposed to be good. I haven't seen much of him. I've never paid too much attention to Udinese. Most of what I've seen he's been playing for the national side.

Other than that he's fantastic on FM.  :snod:

Just missed an open goal.

I'm giving everyone the kiss of death tonight.

Inter 1 - 1 Bari

Deserved point for Bari. Inter by far superior but rarely looked arsed.

Catania 1 - 2 Sampdoria

Cassano ran riot first half. When Catania went a man down there was only going to be one winner, however they left it late. The winning goal came in the 93rd minute and the goalscorer broke his nose in the process.  :lol:

Genoa 3 - 2 AS Roma

Good result for Genoa. They troubled Roma throughout. Totti's goal (Roma's second) was either a genius touch or a fluked deflection. Palacio came on at about the hour mark and seemed to take to Serie A immediately. His dribbling and running caused Roma problems and very nearly got on a scoresheet in the last 5 minutes.

Juventus 1 - 0 Chievo

No surprises. Nice goal by Iaquinta. Diego didn't seem to be fully fit but quality shone through. He didn't last the full 90 minutes but left the pitch to a deserved standing ovation.

Lazio 1 - 0 Atalanta

Fair result. Atalanta barely had a sniff.

Livorno 0 - 0 Cagliari

Meh. A couple of freekicks that tested the Cagliari keeper but little else.

Palermo 2 - 1 Napoli

Daylight robbery. Napoli well and truly mugged.

Udinese 2 - 2 Parma

Parma did well and the result was perhaps unfair on them but the equalising goal from Di Natale was something special. Everyone who criticises Serie A needs to see that goal then maybe you will understand why people love Italian football despite the sometimes negative and cynical style of play.

No doubt the highlights will be up on sportitalia.com tomorrow.

Interesting point: all three newly promoted teams; Bari, Parma, and Livoro, all managed draws.

Early days yet but Genoa are top of the league.  :frantic:

But so fucking true, every game at Meazza is Inter attacking and the other teams having 10 players behind the ball at all time and counter attacking.

I was referring to the overreacting and diving. Any team that has had Sergio Sérgio Conceição play for them and Mourinho managing them deserves anything they get back at them.

Bari 0 - 0 Bologna

Last week Bari successfully played a flat-back 10 away to Inter and looked to hit them on the counter. Today they were a bit more adventurous. They managed 58% possession against Bologna who last week drew against Fiorentina. Bari may have pressed a bit more this week but their defence still looked rock solid (barring a glaring error in the last 5 minutes which went unpunished). Bologna's chances were severely limited. Bari created a fair few opportunities but their strikers were competing to see who could miss the biggest sitter. They badly need a goal scorer. That makes two draws out of two games for both of these teams.

Serie A's other match today is the small matter of Milan vs. Inter. Kick off is at 7.45 UK time. Can be watched online at bet365.com and expekt.com.

Huntelaar is expected to make his Milan début.