Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Camoranesi lucky to still be on the pitch. Already been yellow carded and brought down a Palermo player.

...aaaaaand they score from the freekick. Simplicio.

Camoranesi getting sent off wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He's been gash so far. Terrible in the tackle, struggling to get accurate crosses in, giving the ball away needlessly.

2-0 and they've not really got anything to complain about. Only really Zebina and Diego playing well.

Can develop to be a pretty decent weekend for Inter this.

Forgive my relevant ignorance of Serie A but basically, isn't it just Inter vs Juve for the title? And even then, Inter are strong favourites. What other results have worked in your favour? Are Sampdoria serious contenders?

Can develop to be a pretty decent weekend for Inter this.

Forgive my relevant ignorance of Serie A but basically, isn't it just Inter vs Juve for the title? And even then, Inter are strong favourites. What other results have worked in your favour? Are Sampdoria serious contenders?

Not really serious contenders.

Milan are going to come nowhere near this season. Genoa could potentially push Inter but it's unlikely. Roma are a spent force. It IS more or less Inter vs. Juve with both teams looking drastically different to last season. It'll be about who can gel the quickest.

How's Eto'o looking so far, now that he's got some more games under his belt? Always feared that Serie A defences play too deep to exploit his pace.

That's pretty much it.

In the games I've seen he tends to get fed the ball into his feet and is instantly swamped by players - nowhere to go. He's not bad when he's got some space but he's having to work harder in order to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

Crespo in for Genoa

i cant describe how much Sneijder has improved Inter, f***ing unbelievable

Amelia was great against Juve. I don't get how tht's Amelia's fault Sneijder is looking like your own Diego. Here's hoping Quaresma a go was he named Mattis?

Guest Heneage

Even your 1/10 of European body can hate on this one Kez  :lol:

I am lost for words. I tipped Genoa pre-season but he does not start Palacio or Crespo, and wonders why they get fucked 5-0 If I'd known the teams i'd have bunged 50 quid on your lot. The only thing Genoa looked like winning tonight was the coin toss.

Guest foreverer
Genoa President Enrico Preziosi insists that while Inter's team is better “man for man”, his team has “other qualities” that make it superior.

The Rossoblu were widely regarded to have played the best football in Italy last season and their performances this term have been equally enthralling.

Preziosi's words add a little bit more spice to Inter's hotly anticipated trip to Marassi this weekend.

Asked if he really thinks Genoa can beat Inter, Preziosi replied: “Sure. I think it and I believe it. It will not be simple. Actually if the match were down to who's better man for man then we wouldn't even have a chance, but with organisation and group strength we can match them. I will say more: If you were only to count these things then we would be favourites.

Preziosi does respect Inter though and he holds Jose Mourinho in high regard.

“I don't know him, but I like the personality. I have sympathy for the man, even if at times I don't understand his opinions. But I am sure that there is a strategy behind them.”

Discussion then turned to the amount of business Genoa and Inter did together in the summer.

The Rossoblu swapped Diego Milito and Thiago Motta for a whole host of young players in one of the biggest deals of the Italian transfer market.

Unfortunately none of the protagonists of that deal will be on the pitch this weekend, as they are either injured or out on loan.

“It's true. How strange. Evidently, it was destiny that Milito and Motta wouldn't play against us. I confess that seeing them as opponents would have been horrible to digest.

“Instead our lads are all out getting experience except Fatic who is injured. But there will be a former Inter player playing for us: Crespo. He wasn't part of the exchange, but he will be an important player,” Preziosi concluded.

Genoa currently lie fifth in Serie A, just three points adrift of League leaders Inter after the opening seven games of the season.

;D ;D ;D

Merda Genoa

Guest Heneage

And Arnutinovic, you have him he never plays, you are like the kid who buys all the football stickers from the newsagent and has loads of swaps.