Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Guest Heneage

I was always against the idea of the "Other Football" thread, have to say this thread has made me think again. :lol:

Been doing my head seeing this keep floating towards the top of the forum.

I'd leave mate I might patronize you with my Megaz Knowledgez  :rolleyes:

I appreciate cristian's updates  :thup:

Does Sissoko still start regularly for Juve? Or has he been knocked out the team with Melo's arrival?

Hasn't even made the bench for the first two games of the season. I don't know if he's injured or what.

EDIT: Broken foot according to Italian Wikipedia.

Half Time Scores

Atalanta 0 - 1 Genoa

A game with very few chances. The majority of chances have come from set pieces which is exactly how Genoa scored. Atalanta have had most of the possession but the game is still pretty even.

Cagliari 0 - 0 Siena

Maccarone's running is occasionally causing problems for Cagliari but they lack quality.

Chievo 1 - 1 Lazio

Chievo took the lead early and fully deserved it. Lazio equalised through a penalty in injury time. Very soft penalty, too. Player "pushed" in the box.

Fiorentina 1 - 0 Palermo

Fully deserved. Could be 2 or 3 goals up if they were a bit more clinical. Palermo are just as shite as they were last week. That said, last week they managed a win totally against the run of play so this one isn't over just yet.

Napoli 2 - 0 Livorno

Livorno are a one man team and Lucarelli hasn't had a sniff today. Napoli 2-0 up and deserve to be there. Quagliarella scored early on and was playing really well but then faded towards the end of the half. Luckily Hamsik picked up where he left off and scored a very good goal, dribbling through the Livorno defence and lifting the ball over the top of the advancing keeper.

Parma 1 - 1 Catania

Parma have been the better side and took the lead. Catania equalised almost immediately but Parma continue to press for a second.

Sampdoria 2 - 0 Udinese

Sampdoria very good going forward, particularly Cassano. Sampdoria's second goal was a good one... ball fed into to Cassano who was stood on the penalty spot. As the defenders closed him down he held them off and back-heeled the ball to a team mate who lashed it in. Udinese haven't been terrible. They've had two very good chances and we only denied by two double wonder saves by the Sampdoria keeper. He looks unbeatable.

cristian 4 poster of the year!

Nah really, appreciate it.  :thup:

Interested in Genoa. Do they have the consistency to break into the top 4?

They were top notch last week against Roma but haven't been that that good today. Although they are still 1-0 up away from home. the game has been quiet rather than anyone playing particularly badly.

Second half included.

Half Time Scores

Atalanta 0 - 1 Genoa (0 - 1)

A game with very few chances. The majority of chances have come from set pieces which is exactly how Genoa scored. Atalanta have had most of the possession but the game is still pretty even.

SECOND HALF

Much the same as the first half. Genoa slightly better than Atalanta but the game could have gone either way.

Cagliari 1 - 3 Siena (0 - 0)

Maccarone's running is occasionally causing problems for Cagliari but they lack quality.

SECOND HALF

Four goals in the second half. Siena went ahead early on and never looked back. A second was always on the cards. Cagliari eventually got one back from the penalty spot against the run of play. Reginaldo, who came on as a sub, scored an easy header for Siena's third. Siena's first two were scored by Calaiò. Fucked up my accumulator that did.

Chievo 1 - 2 Lazio (1 - 1)

Chievo took the lead early and fully deserved it. Lazio equalised through a penalty in injury time. Very soft penalty, too. Player "pushed" in the box.

SECOND HALF

Lazio very fortunate. In the second half Chievo had 3 or 4 decent penalty shouts and got none of them. They also rattled the wood work and just generally had Lazio under a lot of pressure even before Lazio had Emilson Cribari sent off. Very strange as Lazio have done a good job of cancelling teams out so far this season but they couldn't stop Chievo creating chance after chance.

Fiorentina 1 - 0 Palermo (1 - 0)

Fully deserved. Could be 2 or 3 goals up if they were a bit more clinical. Palermo are just as shite as they were last week. That said, last week they managed a win totally against the run of play so this one isn't over just yet.

SECOND HALF

Palermo got stronger and stronger as the game went on. Towards the end it was all Palermo pressure followed by half-hearted Fiorentina counter attacks. Palermo still lacked the quality to make any real breakthrough.

Napoli 3 - 1 Livorno (2 - 0)

Livorno are a one man team and Lucarelli hasn't had a sniff today. Napoli 2-0 up and deserve to be there. Quagliarella scored early on and was playing really well but then faded towards the end of the half. Luckily Hamsik picked up where he left off and scored a very good goal, dribbling through the Livorno defence and lifting the ball over the top of the advancing keeper.

SECOND HALF

Lucarelli pulled one back for Livorno early in the second half - a long range effort hit the bar and Lucarelli was there to calmly head in the rebound. That seemed to kick start Livorno a bit but ultimately Napoli were too strong and went on to score a third to finish the game off.

Parma 2 - 1 Catania (1 - 1)

Parma have been the better side and took the lead. Catania equalised almost immediately but Parma continue to press for a second.

SECOND HALF

Parma did continue to press Catania and got a deserved second goal early on. They also had the ball in the net for a third time but it was ruled out (correctly) for offside.

Sampdoria 3 - 1 Udinese (2 - 0)

Sampdoria very good going forward, particularly Cassano. Sampdoria's second goal was a good one... ball fed into to Cassano who was stood on the penalty spot. As the defenders closed him down he held them off and back-heeled the ball to a team mate who lashed it in. Udinese haven't been terrible. They've had two very good chances and we only denied by two double wonder saves by the Sampdoria keeper. He looks unbeatable.

SECOND HALF

Udinese pulled it back to 2-1 with a good effort from Di Natale. It wasn't as good as his wonder goal last week but it was still a decent half-volley that was difficult to keep out. Samdoria were just too strong going forward, though. Cassano scored a good goal, dribbling along the edge of the box before firing the ball through a crowd of players into the bottom corner putting Sampdoria 3-1 up. Moments later a Cassano flick on put Pazzini through on goal - he was brought down by the keeper - and Cassano's weak as piss penalty was saved when the keeper guessed the right way.

How do you manage to watch like 8 matches simultaneously..

Simulcast.

No, I understand how you get to see them simultaneously, I just don't understand how you can watch them all.

The program flicks between the matches as and when something happens. Much like when SSN go to their pundits when something happens... difference is you actually get to see what's going on.

Obviously you don't get to see every kick but you do get a decent enough overview.