Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Guest Heneage

Yeah well....erm.....fuck you man! Fuck you! :p

Nah I mean more in terms of you prefer to play 3 attackers and keep it very solid, he would unbalance you.

Yeah well....erm.....fuck you man! Fuck you! :p

Nah I mean more in terms of you prefer to play 3 attackers and keep it very solid, he would unbalance you.

Back up for Sneider?

Liverpool owners, they fire their manager who walks into the European champions, and who knows who will they get now :lol:

He was doing a bad job at Liverpool though. I'm sorry to see him go.

I'm warming to the Benitiez prospect now, he really isn't a bad manager. He's just so uncharasmatic and conventional it's boring, although anybody was going look like that replacing Mourinho :lol:

Kuyt  :thdn:

Mascherano :thup:

Silva :fwap:

I don't really see the need for Mascherano though.

I assume Muntari is on his way out but there is still Motta, Cambiasso, Stankovic and Mariga as defensive minded midfielders. A more attacking CM would probably be a better option, Hamsik would be class.

Mascherano is better than any other non-Argentinian DM in that list though. Mascherano-Cambiasso-Sneijder would be a fearsome midfield and very in line to what Benítez likes in the center of the park.

Shades of Albelda-Baraja-Aimar really.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so juicy this one but:

Stephan Lichtsteiner: "Inter Have Called, Hard To Say No"

Is he any good? We were supposed to be signing him for cheap the summer he went to Lazio but pulled out.

Guest Heneage

He's shit.

:crazy2:

I jest. I know not a thing of the guy, it's nice to see you getting more Italians into the team though.

He's s***.

:crazy2:

I jest. I know not a thing of the guy, it's nice to see you getting more Italians into the team though.

Doesn't seem to have a Wiki, so I'm guessing he's yet to have any first team appearences.

I sparingly remember having him in my San Marino team on FM09 though.

I thought about putting him there, then i thought of the Catania game and decided he didn't deserve it this time around.

Has barely played anyway  :razz:

So many times i defended him in the past, i must admit i`m pretty fed up with him.

Pretty sure he is surplus to requirements and will be off after this window anyway. Can see him being used as a makeweight for potential transfers.

I take it you saw the Oezil to Inter rumours? and then the subsequent declaration that he has his heart set on Barca...like they need him anyway.

As of now i`m happy with just keeping the essential players of the squad.

Some more rumors has popped up though, Tevez etc.

We'll see what happens, you never know these days.

I think there will be one 'big' signing before the end of the window, which will probably end up being Masch. Although LW and LB are probably more important than another DM.

Any idea what's happening with the Coutinho transfer? I remember reading he'll be in the squad next season (probably means less of a chance of getting an Ozil type player) although I just read something about him going back to Vasco again on loan  :undecided:

http://www.interpersempre.com/635b.jpg

:lol:

Aye I've seen that before, genius :lol:

He had his medical at Inter, there are some situations though if he goes out on loan.

Because he came in so late he will have to be in the Inter squad from day one to be considered a Inter product IIRC

And if these 6+5 rules will come around we need him to be a Inter player from day one.

Not sure if i`m out in deep waters here but i think that is the case.

Also heard a rumor about a Parma loan, not so sure at this point, would love to see him get a shot though, Coppa games and such.

Never understood the 6+5 rule tbh. It doesn't really encourage the development of domestic products, only the signing of players as young as possible. He sounds like he could be good though, Moratti seems to like him alot. I take it the Parma loan is something to do with all the recent dealings with them?

Hoping Mariga gets increased gametime next season aswell, really liked the look of him. A physical monster that has the technique to go with it, infact he reminds me alot of Vieira (the Arsenal Vieira, not the disaster Inter Vieira).

Guest Heneage

I feel bullied here by Mattis and Sewelly!

Luca Toni looks daft as a brush mind, but even I did laugh at the Millionaire thing. :lol:

just read (retirement home ) Milan signed 34year old Mario Yepes a while back...

I remember when we were linked with him 2-3 seasons ago when he was on a free from PSG but many thought he was too old then...I guess not for Milan :D

So much for reducing their average age of the squad....

Marco Branca: "A More Italian Inter, But Our Youth System Is Already An Example"

Posted on July 3, 2010 at 12:46 AM Comments comments (3)

"We would take number ones but Totti and De Rossi have never been on the transfer market.  Ranocchia? Yes, for us."

Milan - Marco Branca, why are Inter so little Italian?

"It seems that Totti and De Rossi will never be sold, otherwise we would have gone for them.  The truth is that Inter have always wanted to go for the number one players, and the best Italian players are not on the market."

Well, what about Ranocchia?

"No coincidence that we have opened serious talk with Genoa..."

Come on, admit it, in 2011 the defender will arrive at Inter.

"If you say so (laughs)...  Anyway, Frog is one of Inter."

Is the failure at the World Cup by Lippi also your fault?

"I've heard great discussions on the nurseries (youth systems), Italian and more.  First, Materazzi, Balotelli and Thiago Motta should have been called up and they all deserve the Azzurri shirt.  Don't forget about Santon.  He was left out because of injuries.  But I would like to address in particularly the talk of the youth systems where Inter are leading, unassailable."

Let's talk about it.

"From 2004 until now, we have had 30 Primavera players playing for the first team.  Moreover, there are 45 of our players currently playing abroad or in Serie A and B.  Finally, the Azzurrini are full of Inter players.  And there is Vitesse which wanted Caldirola for quite sometime.  In short, all of Europe is watch our youngsters.

Yes, but what about true champions?

"It depends on the generations which in every way is not an problem of Inter.  Besides Balotelli and Santon, the two phenomenal youngsters, there is only Marchisio and the same Bonucci who has left our nursery.  We invest seriously in young people and that is what president Moratti wants."

Let's return to the current talk of Maicon.

"We have not had official offers.  Maicon has reiterated that he feels good at Inter."

The price has always been 35 million?

"Sure, people spend even higher figures on the players who are not as good as Maicon.  Need consistency when it comes to treating certain purchases."

Any possible compensatory techniques?

"Not including the non-transferable (Ronaldo, Kaka), we don't see anyone that can make us improve."

Higuain?

"A great striker, but Milito is even better."

If one big player leaves, Mascherano will come?

"I expect long and exhausting negotiations.  In the absence of serious offers, we remain like this.  We are strong, no need to intervene at all costs on the market.  In terms of youth, there are Biabiany and Coutinho.  The first comes from our nursery and with Parma he has grown a lot.  And on the Brazilian, we believe in him a lot.  Then, we also have bought Mariga fully and as a vice-Julio Cesar, came a great goalkeeper in Castellazzi.  Finally, there is the Nigerian Nwankwo, another boy of Primavera, a very good midfielder."

Balotelli costs 40 million?

"Balotelli is not for sale so there are no need for evaluations."

Cavani?

"He's good, but if no one leaves and no one will come.  We are right there in front of the league."

And renewal of Milito?

"Yes, now everything is okay."

What are you going to do with Burdisso?

"He costs 10 million and Roma know it.  We make no discounts because last year we went to meet the Giallorossi trying every possible way.  And I'm not exaggerating."

What has Mourinho left behind?

"Trophies (smiles).  For me, he was an extremely professional, and also very important.  We will remain loyal to Jose, one that gave everything in terms of work."

And Benitez?

"Another professional on the highest level, a real worker, with mentality like Mourinho."

wow, what a fucking gobshite...the italian redknapp by the looks of it

Branca is one of the reasons why Inter is so successful as they have been, it all started with Facchetti and then Branca/Orali.

Amazing negotiators

not the money then, and/or raping juve after the scandal for ibra & viera that won the first title in this sequence if i'm not mistaken?

it was branca...