West Brom 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 08/08/09 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

I worry because those 2 strikers wont do anything at all this season

With a better partner Carroll will.

specuation mate. Realistically Carroll has played with better players than that useless c*** and still looked out of his depth

It's also speculation that they both won't do anything of course. :thup:

Speculation with a fairly solid basis though. Not exactly throwing darts at the board.

Carroll does an ok job but he isn't a goalscorer, which is what we badly, badly need

Scoring goals is going to be our biggest problem this season. It will probably cost us any chance of promotion.

Okay, these were my opinions on the players performances.

Jonas - 3

We'd have won this game today if he wasn't on the pitch. His tight dribbling looks really good, and he won free kicks, but time and time again he completely took the momentum and impetus out of the team when we looked most dangerous. Going down for nothing when he looked like beating his man was bad enough, but time and time again we could have played a couple of quick passes and had a shot on goal, but he got his head down, slowed down and just meandered aimlessly on the ball. I have a feeling people are going to disagree with me on this one, but if all he can do is dribble really well and win freekicks (when he isn't giving the ball away by going to ground too easily), then he is no use to us.

That's what some said about Dyer too, but I'd have Dyer back over this guy tbh.

Dyer on form is 100 times better than Jonas. I'd reccommend trying to find lengthy (10 min or so) footage of our 3-1 win over Arsenal or our 4-3 win over Leeds, as they show you how good Dyer actually was at times.

specuation mate. Realistically Carroll has played with better players than that useless c*** and still looked out of his depth

It's also speculation that they both won't do anything of course. :thup:

Speculation with a fairly solid basis though. Not exactly throwing darts at the board.

Carroll does an ok job but he isn't a goalscorer, which is what we badly, badly need

he's only 20 though, not many strikers that age score consistently at this level.

Harper    6    Doesnt do anything special, needs to be more vocal from what i have seen.

R.Taylor  4    He is our weakest link. WBA looked like they tried to play as much as the could on his side.

S.Taylor  7    Did his job, nice cover for colo and ryan.

Colocini    5    Can he even head a ball? was often out of position. He did better in the second half.

Enrique    6  Good defensivly, but needs to be better offensive. Good linkup with jonas, shite long balls

Duff          6  Nice taken goal. Feels it doesnt help to have R.Taylor behind him.

Nolan      5  Nolan is only playing on the name he made for himself in bolton. Nice assist, and nice tecnique

Smith      7  Did very well in the defensive part

Gutierrez 5  Needs to learn how to pass the ball, and needs to learn a thing or two from ronaldo.

Shola      4  Why is he still a newcastle player... damn Joe F*cking Kinnear

Carroll      6 Won headers like shearer did in the old days, to bad Bellamy wasnt there to run instead of Ameobi.

Krul          8  What a game!! Is this the new Given? He have the potential to get better than given.

Barton      7    The guy is a class footballer, to bad he is mental unstable.

Ranger    10 - For the gangstah look.

harper 5- made a mistake for the first goal-

R Taylor- 6 Found his level.

S Taylor- 7 Solid. Well played.

Colo 5- Poor but at least managed to get his act together in the 2nd half

Enrique- 5 poor game, as well. certainly didn't look the class above we're expecting of him in this division. Too many people are being too generous to him because he's popular with them. (for somereason)

Duff 7- Quite game apart from the goal.....good finish, mind. I still think he will be an important player for us this season.

Nolan 6- Did well to set up the goal. he seems to be our main (and only) source of assists for us at the moment.

Smith 7- put in some superb tackles, found his level.

Jonas 5- same as last season really.

Carroll 7- will be very important for us this season, imo. we don't have too many forwards that can bully centrebacks, and we'll need that type this season for definite.

Shola -10 - Does shola get worse when the opposition get worse as well? horseshit!

Krul 8- superb but yet still dodgey. very well played though.

ranger-10 class touch at the end there.

Barton- 6 average.

i didn't like it when houghton took carroll off, but he did look tired to be fair to him.

Smith my MoM today - had a good game in the middle. We may have found a role for him, as long as he is consistent, keeps it simple and keeps up the work ethic. Carroll did really well up front and should start ahead of Ameobi, who offered very little today. Someone elsewhere said he's regressed as a footballer, and I have to agree with them on that. Coloccini is a liability - amazing to think he's been capped nearly 30 times by Argentina. And Jonas - can beat players for fun, but can't cross a ball for toffee. I wouldn't be sad to see him and his compatriot leave the club.

Special word for Tim Krul who pulled off some wonderful saves when he had to come on. :thup:

wtf, ott reaction against Coloccini and ridiculous slagging off of Nolan.

SHOCKING 'SUPPORTERS'

WE'RE THE ONLY PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH CLUB NOT TO HAVE SIGNED A SINGLE PLAYER THIS SEASON

WE LOST 7 FIRST TEAM SQUAD PLAYERS SINCE LAST SEASON

WE HAVE JUST DRAWN AWAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP FAVOURITES

Get a grip ffs.

Well done to the 14 players involved todsay

Guest schmuck

Playing Duff and Jonas on their wrong sides was completely pointless, it's ok if you've got someone like Chris Brunt who can cut back and hit an inswinging cross with loads of pace or come through for the middle when the striker drifts out wide a la Pires but neither of them are either sort of player, get them to the byline and knock a ball in quickly and comfortably or run towards goal and cut it back instead of fannying around ad infinitum before predictably cutting back on your right foot or playing horrendous balls with your weaker one, Hughton trying to be too clever imo.

Has to be said Smith was superb, incontestably our MOTM imo, I've never been a big advocate of him, let alone in midfield but his tackling was fantastic and his distribution was very smart and sharp, something Nicky Butt has never managed. Ticks for Krul, Taylor, Smith, Barton and Carroll, and an odd squiggly line for Shola. With Guthrie on the mend I'm wondering if we could switch to a 3 of Smith, Guthrie and Barton in the middle and Kazenga and Duff wide of Carroll. Was encouraging to see us dominate large spells of the game despite more than a couple of average performances today, no Championship team is perfect and we don't need to be perfect to win games in this division, saying that Sideshow Fabricio is taking this concept a bit too far, fully deserving of the Joey Barton flamethrower treatment. Anyway stuff all that, a 1-1 draw away at the favourites on the first day has to be a good omen right?

Guest Chris P

Carroll's criticism on here is mental as well.  :lol:

He won every header nearly, what else is he supposed to do?  Chase his own flick ons?  :cheesy:

which he did ,,once

Carroll's criticism on here is mental as well.  :lol:

He won every header nearly, what else is he supposed to do?  Chase his own flick ons?  :cheesy:

which he did ,,once

Aye, I forgot about that.  :lol:

Ok, so I've just got in from the pub and need to indulge in these 3 in particular.

Krul.. if this guy gets dropped even once this this season when Harper is fit it's an absolute travesty.  His reactions are twice that of Harper's.  We'd have conceded at least 4 today if it wasn't for this lad.  He's going to be a real top class keeper and we need to do all we can to keep on to him.  Obviously this is over the top, but he was making Schmeichel esque reaction saves.

Jonas.. a fraud.  For all the running he does, could not put a decent final ball into the box for the life of him, or even find a simple pass for that matter.   Pure frustration the whole match, and we've seen nothing else of him to prove this will ever change.  For me, I'd rather see Kazenga start the next match.

Ameobi.. just get him out of this fucking club for good.  Thinking he was Kaka or something the entire match trying to come deep and collect the ball and continuosly try all these little extravagant flicks and passes.  Even in the Championship you were made to look like an absolute joke, you useless fucking pleb.

Other than that, we were good today, we dominated the match and everyone else looked at home.  Enqrique made a few sloppy passes but other than that we dominated the match.  Duff and Smudger in particular stood out for me.  Duff was always hungry and looking the ball, whilst Smith ran the show in the middle.  Winning tackle after tackle and looked like a genuine leader.

Definitely confident we can take this division as long as the right managerial changes are made.

speculation mate. Realistically Carroll has played with better players than that useless c*** and still looked out of his depth

In the Premier League. Dunno if you've noticed but we've actually been relegated.

Biggest issue with Coloccini is his marking on set pieces. 

Aside from that he's good enough.

He's f***ing not. The amount of times he gets out of position or gives the ball away is ridiculous for anyone who wants to call themselves a top class centre back.

Seconded. All it takes is a ball played over the top, in behind him and he's dead.