Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest LJA0210

More because MGP isn't Joey Barton.

If someone else had done it,for starters the press wouldn't have highlighted it.

I think they would. He's thrown a punch man, howay. If someone throws a punch in a game, the MOTD editors don't just go "oh it's only player X, don't show it".

they did with jason roberts last night

Aye.

FA charge Barton

Thursday, 11 November, 2010

Newcastle United midfielder charged with violent conduct.

Newcastle United midfielder Joey Barton has today been charged with violent conduct by The FA, following an incident in his side’s fixture with Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday 10 November.

Barton has until 6pm on Friday 12 November to reply to the charge and under The FA’s fast-track regulations may admit the charge and accept a standard three-match suspension.

Also, this is clearly not his "fist" as the news outlets are making it out to be.

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/142/142453/14245394/jpg/active/978x.jpg

You're right. It's clearly a crab's claw.

It's restrained force. It's a dying art, from the mountains of Tibet and beyond...

Omg should be sacked now, disgrace to the club, no the world. We would all be better off if he was locked away after that horrifically violent act.

In reality, what an idiot, deserves a 3 game ban and if pedersen got charged for his part teams wouldn't manage to get 11 players on the pitch each week. Stupid over reaction by a stupid player who will never learn.

Also, this is clearly not his "fist" as the news outlets are making it out to be.

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/142/142453/14245394/jpg/active/978x.jpg

You're right. It's clearly a crab's claw.

It's restrained force. It's a dying art, from the mountains of Tibet and beyond...

Uncanny resemblance to Barton:

http://i56.tinypic.com/13z3195.jpg

So Roberts does the same as Barton,in the same game,and isn't charged whilst Joey is.

That's pathetically obvious that Barton is being done because of who he is.

When was this? Everyone in the world seemed to miss it.

Maybe it's because they were staring at Joey Barton.

He was stupid but I don't see why people's opinions of him would change. He's never changed, and never will, to being an angel on the pitch - it's keeping clean off the pitch that i'm worried about.  I'll hardly be surprised if he gets sent off now and again for bad tackles and reactions.

When people say "throwing a punch" I imagine a punch to the face, which is incomparable to what he did.

Guest Heneage

I think Hughton raises a fantastic point in regards to Barton. It's all well and good to punish him for instances of stupidity but where was the protection during the game against Wolves, I see little difference between that and him being targeted not for rough treatment but for dangerous tackles.