Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest magpie99

Forgot to add the sale of Enrique to iverpool for 6 million plus salary savings of 2.5 million so that brings the net expenditure down to 5 million quid

You make something complicated sound easy.

We were after 1 player before Barton, it will remain that way. Jonas will play right wing. Raylor, Guthrie, Gosling backup. Jonas moves back to the left when Marveaux is out. Jonas barely gets injured so they wont worry.

The club will pretend they are going to replace Barton.

OK, here is my take on all this.

The "boys club" is slowly but surely being disbanded by Ashley. Quite right too, when you consider what has been going on. I dont think anyone on here would disagree with the sale of Nolan considering his demands and Barton is turning out to be a troublesome influence. Enrique too.

Fromlast season, we have lost Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi, Routledge from the squad and effectively, Barton is now on his way too. I think someone like a Stoke or Wigan might pick him up for free. Furthermore, we cannot shift the likes of Xisco, Perch and Smith who are basically surplus to requirements. Ranger wont go and it seems he is surplus too. It looks like Kadar and other kids may be loaned out. Lua Lua is also gone.

Coming in, we have Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and Abeid (who is more of one for the future). We have Gosling and HBA coming back. We seem to be promoting some of the kids like Fergusin, Vuckic and Tavernier to the senior squad .

We have now got the most paper thin squad in the PL and with our record of injuries, you have to say that if Pardew doesnt go out and buy at least 5 players in the next month, we are in for a long hard season.

Ashley MUST see the danger signs and therefore has to release substantial funds for the following:

two left backs, one a capable back up

One centre half

one right midfielder

one goalscorer

It seems as though mostof our targetrs have turned us down so here is my list:

Sell Forster to Celtic for 2 million and buy Isaguirre from them for an additionaL 3 million

Buy Warnock from Villa as a back up left back for one million

Get Upson from WHU on a free transfer as the 4th CH

Sign Barnetta for 5 million pounds (ony a year left on his contract.

Sign Long from Reading for 5 million pounds

Total expenditure - 14 million pounds - Salry costs per year approximately 9 million pounds per annum

Outgoings

Routledge to Swansea - 2 million

Instead of a loan, sell Lua Lua to Brighton for 2 million

Barton to anyone for free

Forster salary costs

Kadar loan salary savings 50%

Total income and savings = 4 million -salary savings 5.5 million per annum

That little lot will cost Ashley approximately 13.5 million.

He has no other choice now but to spend or else we are in deep s***.

He won't because he never sees the signs.

Forgot to add the sale of Enrique to iverpool for 6 million plus salary savings of 2.5 million so that brings the net expenditure down to 5 million quid

You ... um.  You see five more players coming in?  Even if it made financial sense to do so ... I don't even ... where how.  No. Just ... I wish I was optimistic.

Guest magpie99

I am basing much of my opinion above on the fact that we are historically, a club that suffers many injuries, usually long term and with the injury records of the players we have signed recently, plus the fact the Tiote and Ba, possibly even Shola if he gets selected by Nigeria, will be away at the ANC for 6 weeks plus the fact that Ashley is looking at balancing the books whilst getting rid of the so called troublemakers, leaves the club extremely thin on the ground.

Last season, we ended up with Lua Lua, Sameobi, Krul and Ferguson playing the last few games because we are down on numbers. I can see it happening again. We have already lost Guithrie, Fergusin and HBA to injuries and have now missed most of the practice matches and pre season training. They are not going to be able to just walk back in and perform when required.

thing is I remember what normally very reliable sources (Caulkin for example) was saying before deadline day that Barton was going to sign a new deal so that part of the article is believable

Perhaps Barton moved the goalposts after Carroll was sold. Not hard to imagine.

thing is I remember what normally very reliable sources (Caulkin for example) was saying before deadline day that Barton was going to sign a new deal so that part of the article is believable

Perhaps Barton moved the goalposts after Carroll was sold. Not hard to imagine.

Then there was the occasion when Barton said that he'd sign a new contract once Nolan did.

Yet another shitstorm at perfect shitstorm timing. This fecking club!

Didn't Barton say he'd stick around or go on a free? Does that mean he's basically blackmailed the club into letting him go for nowt regardless of whatever perceived value he has?

I don't like clicking links to the Sun but that one says

McKay added: "I can't understand what Newcastle are doing but if they want to let Joey go it's their choice."

If Barton has said he won't go for a fee, has the club got any say if they want rid?

Before anyone assumes otherwise, this doesn't mean I expect any kind of replacement or think the club is being properly run.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14367204.stm

McKay added that Barton was disappointed when talks of a new deal broke down, but is confident the midfielder still has a bright future.

"Joey was disappointed. There was no way we were going to take a cut in his wages. He wanted four years, they wanted three," added McKay.

thought he was willing to take a pay cut to stay