Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Latest Twitter update:

Joey7Barton

"Made to train alone today, how predictable........."

Oh dear.

I think a lot worse has gone on than we know about or are going to find out about. None of the sources on either side can really be trusted to tell the truth when we do hear their point of view anyway, but the decision to treat a player like this isn't made because of a few minor misdemeanours.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely pathetic.

Damaging for the morale of the entire team, watching their sometimes Captain made to train alone.

Disgusting.

do you believe barton is whiter than white in this?

Well considering a lot of the other twitter users in the team publicly backed him in this, suggests they don't find him the main antagonist

That reply is far to sensible. People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better.

He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

Its complete stupidity.

In some fans cases here i personally believe they don't want to hear anything bad about the club, they want to keep this idea in their head that everything is fine and the players are happy and proud to be here!

So in the case when a player speaks out it is then the very defensive attitude of  'oh X is doing this just for his own greed/ego.  He should leave and not p*ss out the rest'.

I can personally understand it, the fact that this isn't an isolated incident makes it difficult to buy that JB is unsupported by the rest of the team

Nicely put.

Good or not good, he's still an idiot and the club made the correct decision. And I think many other clubs would have done exactly the same.

As I've already said, I think if Mike and Derek were at any other club the players would do the same - ie at least a handful of them would air their grievances about working at a club run by incompetents.

And don't think it's just a prima donna footballer thing, I think if you were at any organisation that employed 25 of the top 500 or so of their profession in the country and started dicking them about and ruining the company I think you'd find pockets of open dissent in the ranks.

Yeah im aware that they play in different positions but Barton was putting some good set pieces and corners in last season which lead to a fair few goals Cabaye seems to be taking on that roll?

People see Cabaye as Nolan's replacement, he is in fact Barton's in many ways.

Guest cr4igora
It's a s*** decision. The situation wouldn't come up in most other clubs. You can thank Ashley & co for that.

Most clubs don't have a loose cannon like Joey Barton in their team, surrounded in controversy all-year-round.

Latest Twitter update:

Joey7Barton

"Made to train alone today, how predictable........."

Oh dear.

I think a lot worse has gone on than we know about or are going to find out about. None of the sources on either side can really be trusted to tell the truth when we do hear their point of view anyway, but the decision to treat a player like this isn't made because of a few minor misdemeanours.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely pathetic.

Damaging for the morale of the entire team, watching their sometimes Captain made to train alone.

Disgusting.

do you believe barton is whiter than white in this?

Well considering a lot of the other twitter users in the team publicly backed him in this, suggests they don't find him the main antagonist

That reply is far to sensible. People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better.

He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

Its complete stupidity.

In some fans cases here i personally believe they don't want to hear anything bad about the club, they want to keep this idea in their head that everything is fine and the players are happy and proud to be here!

So in the case when a player speaks out it is then the very defensive attitude of  'oh X is doing this just for his own greed/ego.  He should leave and not p*ss out the rest'.

I can personally understand it, the fact that this isn't an isolated incident makes it difficult to buy that JB is unsupported by the rest of the team

This.

It's a s*** decision. The situation wouldn't come up in most other clubs. You can thank Ashley & co for that.

Most clubs don't have a loose cannon like Joey Barton in their team, surrounded in controversy all-year-round.

Most clubs don't have 4 others openly backing up the so called loose cannon

People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better. He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

People who don't agree with what Barton has done are NOT CLAIMING THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL FFS!! That's nonsense. I don't like who runs our club, I don't like the LARGE majority of the decisions that have been made and I hate the lies we are fed. In this instance however, I believe we have done the right thing. It's just a shame we won't get a fee for him, when he leaves.

So the large amount of shock due to how this has been handled, doesnt suggest to you that there was any other way to deal with this situation?

You think this decision is the least likely to affect club morale (given the current viewable reaction of the players) & the one most likely to bring us success to Newcastle United?

Really ?

Most clubs don't have this pair of morons in charge, and if they did you'd suddenly find there's a lot of "loose cannons" in your squad who won't put up with what they're doing in silence. 

We're not most clubs, the whole club is surrounded by controversy, not just Barton but carry on living in lala land.

Probably been said, but it seems once again that Ashley not only has the local media in his pocket, but also some of the national media. The local media probably want to keep him sweet, so will watch what they say and I'd imagine that he has mate's in the national press who will look after him too. Didn't one of them used to write for the NotW? Either way, it's a sorry state of affairs when recent history is being revised to get Barton out of the door and also to get NUFC fans to turn against him. What a scummy club we currently support. Makes me ashamed to be a black and white at the moment. :( Even more so than when those knackers ran on the pitch at Darlington the other week - this is far worse.

And again, which quality players are going to come and play for an owner who will stab you in the back at the first available sign of dissent/opportunity?

Haing read the various posts over the last 24 hours or so I'm absolutely astounded that anyone can think that the club have done the right thing in all of this, regardless of your view of Barton's role in all of this.

Haing read the various posts over the last 24 hours or so I'm absolutely astounded that anyone can think that the club have done the right thing in all of this, regardless of your view of Barton's role in all of this.

It depends on how successful you think other options would have been I suppose. Say that they had fined Joey a couple of weeks' wages and told him to stop abusing them on Twitter, would that have worked?

putting an end to it is the only right thing they have done, how they have done it and the timing of it has all been probably wrong but at the end of the day he was becomming a rotten apple that could only end up spreading a negative influence rather than rallying the troops.

There was talk on here yesterday about the Rooney/Ferguson thing and how he fought to keep Rooney.

Ferguson is infamous for getting rid of players who wrong the club in some way. Big players, too. Beckham, Yorke, Stam etc. Even Schmeichel at one point. He'd have sold Barton years ago.

can´t wait to hear how Pardew will try to explain and clean this mess up?

He will come out and say he was beginnig to be a disruptive influence, but we will replace him.

:sadnod:

He could probably get away with something like "the club have decided that they can't have a player publically causing disruption and have taken the decision they thought was right, but I'm sorry that there's no way back for Joey".

Not saying it's true, but if I was doing his PR that's the line I would give him!

There was talk on here yesterday about the Rooney/Ferguson and how he fought to keep Rooney.

Ferguson is infamous for getting rid of players who wrong the club in some way. Big players, too. Beckham, Yorke, Stam etc. Even Schmeichel at one point. He'd have sold Barton years ago.

Yes, sold him, not let one of his best players go for free.

Mike and Derek could kidnap Alan Shearer and Robert Lee, roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge live on NUFCTV and some people would decide that it must have been justified, they were loose cannons and disruptive influences and they were shit anyway.  It's like being in North Korea, anyone who is punished must have been a subversive traitor who hates the club and wants to destroy it from within.

Mike and Derek could kidnap Alan Shearer and Robert Lee, roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge live on NUFCTV and some people would decide that it must have been justified, they were loose cannons and disruptive influences and they were shit anyway.  It's like being in North Korea, anyone who is punished must have been a subversive traitor who hates the club and wants to destroy it from within.

Come on man.

Mike and Derek could kidnap Alan Shearer and Robert Lee, roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge live on NUFCTV and some people would decide that it must have been justified, they were loose cannons and disruptive influences and they were shit anyway. 

:lol:

This made me laugh.