Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is frustrating, even though I didn't agree with his use of Twitter against the club and believe he to has an agenda not just the club I would be disappointed to see him go as he has played well so far this season. Especially to QPR, who lets face it will be involved in a relegation battle this season.

My frustration would be eased if we were able to replace him by the end of the window, but we have had months to sort a left back and striker out and haven't so I have no confidence in replacing Barton. Maybe the club (Ashley-And Super Derek) believe they have replaced him with Obertan?

Club have already said Obertan is Routledges replacement.

I'm not being a prick on purpose here and to be fair I haven't really joined in the board bashing to the level of some on here but it won't be the first time they have told us something than isn't entirely truthful. I too would like to see Obertan as Routledge's replacement, but if Barton is shifted I think the Obertan signing and the fitness of Gosling will rule out their need to replace Barton. I really hope I am wrong. Normally I am positive and wrong, hopefully my negativity is misplaced this time?

Well not replace him, not with Gosling now fully fit.

Can't compare the two.

No, but Ashley can.  Both central midfielders, both right footed.  One is on big money, is getting near 30 and is a bit of a nuisance.  The other 22/23, not on big money and is as quiet as a mouse.  Makes sense from the owners point of view  :sadnod:

If it meant us getting Barnetta, then it would soften the blow and I would wager he would end up being a more effective player for us.  Cannot see it happening though.

Do love Joey though, so will be hard to see him go :undecided:

Why does he need the club's permission? Thought he could talk to anyone he wanted as he's been placed on transfer list and in last yr of contract.

He's not been released just put up for sale for free, as he is still employed by use I assume that officially any potential buyers would need permission from us. Maybe thats a grand plan from Wor Mike? Hope a club approaches Barton without permission then report them to the PL :)

If it meant us getting Barnetta, then it would soften the blow and I would wager he would end up being a more effective player for us.  Cannot see it happening though.

Do love Joey though, so will be hard to see him go :undecided:

Barnetta would have been the right replacement but that's not going to happen unless we don't get a striker/LB by the looks of it.

Guest BooBoo

Love how folk think Gosling can fill his boots when the lad has played about ten minutes of competitive football for us.

Love how folk think Gosling can fill his boots when the lad has played about ten minutes of competitive football for us.

Guthrie filled his boots well enough in the Championship when Barton was missing for half a season. We do have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle as well so it's not like we are light in midfield.

Guest reefatoon

It doesn't matter how long he has played for us, he is fit now and needs to be given the chance.  why can't he fill his boots?

Guest BooBoo

Gosling may step up, we'll see. He's very much an unproven gamble though whilst Barton has cut the mustard at this level.

Guest icemanblue

Guthrie filled his boots well enough in the Championship when Barton was missing for half a season. We do have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle as well so it's not like we are light in midfield.

Just shut up, man. :lol: