Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Devastating if he goes now.

I would disagree but I expect I'll be in the minority.

I am with you Tron, not too bothered if he leaves actually.  Personally, i don't think he offers anything in the centre of midfield.

Probably why we don't play him in the middle :pow:

He still plays in the middle regardless of where he's meant to play.

I can see him being interested in a London club because of his interest in horse racing and he has a house in Newmarket but I would imagine he would take a lot of persuading. 

QPR need to get a good few decent players to give them a good chance of staying up.  If they just ended up signing Barton, it would still be a huge struggle for them.

Very good point.  See him at the races quite often as I live in Newmarket.  Always at Tattersalls (horse sales) as well.  I believe he also recently bought some stables in Thetford and has horses in training with two or three different trainers now, all Newmarket based.

I can see him being interested in a London club because of his interest in horse racing and he has a house in Newmarket but I would imagine he would take a lot of persuading. 

QPR need to get a good few decent players to give them a good chance of staying up.  If they just ended up signing Barton, it would still be a huge struggle for them.

Very good point.  See him at the races quite often as I live in Newmarket.  Always at Tattersalls (horse sales) as well.  I believe he also recently bought some stables in Thetford and has horses in training with two or three different trainers now, all Newmarket based.

Would be stupid to go to QPR because of horses, though.

He's a football player and his career will have ended in 5, 6 or 7 years time and than he can sleep in a stable if he wants.

Good news then.

I mean sure he'd probably cover his wages this year by helping us to a higher league position, increasing our status as a club and giving us a greater chance at replacing him or keeping our other best players. Hes also happy to stay & theres no other benefit atall for letting him go a year early.

Apart from that, this makes complete sense.

Guest reefatoon

I'd much rather see Gosling get his chance, feel the lad has a much better engine on him, and can effect play all over the pitch.

I just always think Barton flatters to deceive, and his basic passing is awful at times.

Would be stupid to go to QPR because of horses, though.

He's a football player and his career will have ended in 5, 6 or 7 years time and than he can sleep in a stable if he wants.

Financial security of a fairly long contract on half decent money., being the main man in the team again, closer to one of his passions. 

Not saying he'd go there and I don't think he will, but there are a lot of reasons why he would IMO.  Also quite a few why he wouldn't, hence why I don't think he will go to QPR.

I'd much rather see Gosling get his chance, feel the lad has a much better engine on him, and can effect play all over the pitch.

I just always think Barton flatters to deceive, and his basic passing is awful at times.

Give the fuck over. Some people, man. We need to keep our best players, especially at this stage.

Hope so. Another £3m+ off the wage bill, you'd need sectioned not too like this man. Great news & good riddance.

I'm getting some mixed messages here honey.

I was being facetious. I apologise unreservedly.

You're blind if you miss what Barton gives us. Hes already been one of our most influential players this season in both games & only in a beneficial way to us. Gosling has done nothing whatsoever yet to be considered in the same league, beyond blind hope that he'll perform.

Guest Wally_McFool

I quite like Joey Barton and would be happy if he stayed.

If we got rid of him though, I could live with it as long he was quickly and adequately replaced.

BUT we all know, that wont happen, not as long as those dickpickles Ashley and Llambias are here.

It's not the end of the world IMO, yes we lose a good player but the baggage is unreal, it's like dating a lass with 10 kids from 8 different fathers, 3 of which are in prison and one has aids.

The one match I'd want him for this season has gone, and we won, from now on we will need him less and less while the centre should be owned by Tiote and Cabaye. Were one decent right winger away from moving forward from Barton, it can be done.

Barton can say no. Have to question his own ambitions if he says yes. He can stay here a year and still have a successful season despite Ashley, or face a tough relegation battle there.

Tbf if he stays here you have to question his ambitions as well.

We won't (in normal circumstances) win anything this season and even if we get into Europa League for next season, Barton wouldn't even play for us.

Total non-story. Hes had permission to speak to anyone he wants for a few weeks now. SSN really are pathetic these days.

By putting it this way, I'm slightly more at ease...

We made him available for no fee, but that's not to say we specifically allowed him to talk to anyone he liked.

It would be galling if we shift a player for nothing for whom we could have got a few million for, only to then refuse to bring in players because their current clubs wanted an extra million each.