Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was quite early (think it was June) that he was tweeting about "not getting offerered a new contract" and that his hands are tied if they won't want him.

Said also that they just wanted a younger version of him, or something along the lines and that he "can't blame them for that".

So just to be clear, as with most players who leave this club, is Barton

(a) a Judas

(b) a cunt

© a money grabber

(d) has cunningly engineered his way out

(e) all of the above

To add to that, does that mean anyone wanting to leave will be shoved out for free after saying nasty things about the state of the club?

It was quite early (think it was June) that he was tweeting about "not getting offerered a new contract" and that his hands are tied if they won't want him.

Said also that they just wanted a younger version of him, or something along the lines and that he "can't blame them for that".

But you agree though that he basically told us nothing really about the regime that we don't already know?

This from the true faith message board which I read. May also be one of you from here but agree totally with this comment:

"I haven't seen him smile yet having signed for QPR. One can only imagine he woke up this morning and wondered why has has got himself into this situation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Barton household to try and gauge the mood. He still had 12 months here on 60k a week and at the end of that, he would've still got a move somewhere. He engineered a move away but he did it in the hope of landing a club like Spurs. When it became clear that no one else was interested, he must have panicking about opening his gob.

Let's not beat around the bush here. He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke out on Twitter, it was a situation that was engineered to get him out of NUFC but if you had suggested to Barton that QPR would be the only club interested in taking him at the time, he'd have probably laughed.

He had backed himself into a corner and Ashley called his bluff. There is no way in a million years he wanted and/or expected QPR to be his last resort.

It's a lesson to anyone who thinks they are bigger than a club or a regime, the grass certainly isn't always greener on the other side, and I say this holding our owner and chief in the contempt they deserve. Even with the current situation in mind, NUFC is a better place to play your football than QPR, every single day of the week."

Nailed it.

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

To add to that, does that mean anyone wanting to leave will be shoved out for free after saying nasty things about the state of the club?

If they've previously been in prison for seven months, then yeah, probably.

This from the true faith message board which I read. May also be one of you from here but agree totally with this comment:

"I haven't seen him smile yet having signed for QPR. One can only imagine he woke up this morning and wondered why has has got himself into this situation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Barton household to try and gauge the mood. He still had 12 months here on 60k a week and at the end of that, he would've still got a move somewhere. He engineered a move away but he did it in the hope of landing a club like Spurs. When it became clear that no one else was interested, he must have panicking about opening his gob.

Let's not beat around the bush here. He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke out on Twitter, it was a situation that was engineered to get him out of NUFC but if you had suggested to Barton that QPR would be the only club interested in taking him at the time, he'd have probably laughed.

He had backed himself into a corner and Ashley called his bluff. There is no way in a million years he wanted and/or expected QPR to be his last resort.

It's a lesson to anyone who thinks they are bigger than a club or a regime, the grass certainly isn't always greener on the other side, and I say this holding our owner and chief in the contempt they deserve. Even with the current situation in mind, NUFC is a better place to play your football than QPR, every single day of the week."

Nailed it.

I think that's pretty much spot on tbh.

Nailed it.

yup and might I add that both player and club (NUFC) lost

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

Laughable, IMO. In what way, shape or form is Joey immutably backed into a corner if he has the option to stay and turn down QPR?

So many plot holes and so much wishful thinking in that little story it's unreal. The attempt to turn it into an argument where Joey thinks he's bigger than the club is just red-top worthy :thup:

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

Then I doubt it.  Didn't happen to Jose.

But you agree though that he basically told us nothing really about the regime that we don't already know?

Some already knew, some didn't. Some wanted to know the truth, some didn't. Some believed it, some didn't and never will. (Not saying that to you btw, just in general)

Nailed it.

Yep.

He could quite easily have ran down his contract and waited until next summer

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

Obviously wasn't nasty enough with his comments

Would a player, that would have wanted away from the start, stated that he wanted to stay despite being transfer listed for free?

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I am on a free but the honour of wearing those B+W stripes, surpasses that

1 Aug.

Joseph Barton

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Somewhere in those high echelons of NUFC, they have decided, I am persona non grata.

Surely he could have just said something like that he's been listed for free and has no chance other than to leave (and none of the fans would have hated him for that, being rather on his side than on Ashley's). At least at this time he definetly still wanted to stay and I don't see how that change seeing the way he played in our first two games.

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

He revealed more than Barton (regarding his contract offer).

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

He also wanted away and confirmed that himself. No risk revealing contract details then.

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

Enrique would bring in a bigger transfer fee though. Have you ever wondered why Barton was given a free transfer when the club are looking for full value from transfers?

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

Enrique would bring in a bigger transfer fee though. Have you ever wondered why Barton was given a free transfer when the club are looking for full value from transfers?

That's my point.  Barton was an exception because he had previous with the board, it won't happen again unless you got someone who has pissed off the owner as much.

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

That's my point.  Barton was an exception because he had previous with the board, it won't happen again unless you got someone who has pissed off the owner as much.

So you're saying that any player who's had previous with the board will be given a free transfer?

(a) a Judas

(b) a cunt

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

Colo and Jonas will be absolute cunts this time next year

Colo and Jonas will be absolute cunts this time next year

Same as any other player who has ever left the club: Jenas, Bowyer, Carr, Bramble, Bellamy, N'Zogbia, Bassong, Martins, Cole, Ginola, Hamman, etc.

Can only think of a handful who weren't harangued on their return to SJP.

The world of fickle football fans rears it's head.