Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

For some reason I'm fairly confident Barton will sign a new deal. Don't see where all the doom and gloom is coming from.

There is absolutely no way we'll let Tiote, Enrique and Barton go in one transfer window. I know Ashley is a cock, but that would be suicidal.

love these posts. as if ashley is bothered about anything except money.

Sorry, I'll try harder to make my opinions conform to yours in future.

Have to say it's bizarre that anyone would trust Ashley to act sensibly.

For some reason I'm fairly confident Barton will sign a new deal. Don't see where all the doom and gloom is coming from.

There is absolutely no way we'll let Tiote, Enrique and Barton go in one transfer window. I know Ashley is a cock, but that would be suicidal.

there's no way he'll fuck keegan about

there's no way he'll not appoint shearer

there's no way he'll sack hughton

there's no way he'll put that sports direct sign on the gallowgate

there's no way he'll sell carroll

there's no way he'll sell carroll and not bring a replacement in

i didnt say anything about you personally or your posts, just that one. the sooner people (including you it would seem on the basis of that) accept that ashley cares much much more about financial results than on the pitch results, the sooner all this will start to hurt us all a lot less.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Have to say it's bizarre that anyone would trust Ashley to act sensibly.

Did you not catch Ashley's rendition of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgYJ9iz47c&feature=related

Man, can't believe we're still having this meta-debate about people's opinions rather than the actual issues.

FWIW, I do accept that Ashley cares more about financial results than on the pitch results. I've posted a load of times that 'ambition' we show will have to be within the limits of his financial constraints.

All I'm suggesting is that financial results and on the pitch results can't really be separated to that great an extent. So selling all our decent players in one window isn't a good idea financially. And we've never done it before, so I don't see any reason to believe it will happen now.

Anyway, fuck it, I'm obviously never going to persuade anyone that Mike Ashley is out to do anything other than asset-strip NUFC and pocket all of his massive profits, before running off cackling and investing it all in Tottenham.

I know he's basically incompetent and has made many mistakes. I've never denied that.

Guest optimistic nit

there's no way he'll fuck keegan about

i didnt say anything about you personally or your posts, just that one. the sooner people (including you it would seem on the basis of that) accept that ashley cares much much more about financial results than on the pitch results, the sooner all this will start to hurt us all a lot less.

at the end of the day were 9th in the PL and in a better position now than when he took over, so for all his mistakes he must have done some things right.

Man, can't believe we're still having this meta-debate about people's opinions rather than the actual issues.

FWIW, I do accept that Ashley cares more about financial results than on the pitch results. I've posted a load of times that 'ambition' we show will have to be within the limits of his financial constraints.

All I'm suggesting is that financial results and on the pitch results can't really be separated to that great an extent. So selling all our decent players in one window isn't a good idea financially. And we've never done it before, so I don't see any reason to believe it will happen now.

Anyway, fuck it, I'm obviously never going to persuade anyone that Mike Ashley is out to do anything other than asset-strip NUFC and pocket all of his massive profits, before running off cackling and investing it all in Tottenham.

I know he's basically incompetent and has made many mistakes. I've never denied that.

that's all fair enough man. my point though is that your post seems to be based upon reason, football based reason.

saying getting rid of enrique, tiote and barton in one window would be suicide has to be based on footballing reason, because those players leaving would generate money in fees and us not paying their future wages. whether that would lead us into a downward spiral ending up in relegation and further loss of money is a separate debate.

what i'm saying is, given what ashley's done in his time here, i think its reasonable to expect him to make the decision based on bank balance every single time, whether it be deemed by anyone else as football suicide or not.

as far as i can see he's happy to keep us in the league because he nows we'll keep going and we'll keep getting the tv money, its a nice little earner and he gets his sports direct advertising which was the whole point anyway. he just got a little bit carried away with the whole keegan thing but he quickly remembered why he was here.

there's no way he'll f*** keegan about

at the end of the day were 9th in the PL and in a better position now than when he took over, so for all his mistakes he must have done some things right.

When he took over we were on 0 points so everything had to be a improvement.

Simon Esland said in the meeting we had with him that there is a wage cap. Of course, he would not disclose how much it is.

Tbf, he didn't use the phrase wage cap.  He used wage structure which implied that it was more than just a cap, but contract offers were being made based upon performance and ability.  He said Enrique's offer would be in line with this structure.

Thanks for straightening that up. I think most of us know there is a structure in place (be daft not to have one) but no one seems to know if the alleged "cap" exists.

The 30K figure commonly bandied around did not seem to fit with some of the bigger players we have who's market value would be above that.

Paying someone based on performance and ability sounds pretty good to me.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm pretty sure Ashley didn't buy NUFC to get free advertising for Sports Direct! £300m or whatever he's put in is a lot for a few billboards and a sign on the roof.

He could probably have hired every advertising board in the Premier League for that money.

:thup:

I'm pretty sure Ashley didn't buy NUFC to get free advertising for Sports Direct! £300m or whatever he's put in is a lot for a few billboards and a sign on the roof.

He could probably have hired every advertising board in the Premier League for that money.

Putting words in my mouth now ...

Just think it's convenient that he bought a club with a 52,000 seat stadium and in the top 6/7 that appear on Sky Sports.

Just think it's convenient that he bought a club with a 52,000 seat stadium and in the top 6/7 that appear on Sky Sports.

Well no, obviously all those factors make us much more attractive to any buyer.

IMO he just bought us because he wanted to do something interesting and be a man of the people, one of the lads, something to do on a Saturday etc. I don't think he ever expected it to bring him so much hassle and cost him so much money. Obviously very naive.

Guest Roger Kint

Its convenient that he (stupidly)thought at the time he was buying a club at a great price with all the foundations of being good enough to get back in the top half and make him money? He wasnt likely to pump £200m+ in a team like Wigan/Bolton etc was he?

Guest neesy111

This club saves Ashley millions in advertising costs.

Jesus wept.  You think a few signs around the place is worth millions in advertising.  :facepalm:

Jesus wept.  You think a few signs around the place is worth millions in advertising.  :facepalm:

Signs that are seen by 52,000 people at the stadium, and hundreds of thousands, if not millions worldwide.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It is about as mental as " one of the lads, something to do on a Saturday"

For some reason I can see it as trying to 'one up' Dave Whelan. Doubt that's true though.

Pair of morons if you think I'm trying to suggest the only reason he bought the club was to promote his own brand. Get a grip.

Guest neesy111

Signs that are seen by 52,000 people at the stadium, and hundreds of thousands, if not millions worldwide.

Like the fuck some taiwan kid will want to know what the fuck Sports Direct is. 

Guest neesy111

Pair of morons if you think I'm trying to suggest the only reason he bought the club was to promote his own brand. Get a grip.

:kinnear:

Eh?!? You & the wrong end of stick seem to be saying "HELLO" again