Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

He would have been on thne right, meaning Simo would have been at RB, meaning that Taylor wouldn't have been at RB, meaning that we would have actualy had a RB who knows that his job is not to be running towards the f***ing penalty spot leaving the left winger with about 40 yards of space.

You do have a point.

Dearly missed. Typical, we had a good chance of solidifying a chance for Europe, only to be fucked up by injuries. We're totally different team with Barton on the pitch. He distributes the ball to the part of the pitch where the opponent is unbalanced.  Without him we are constantly playing against an established opponent. That makes everything harder for all our players.

Hamburg plot Joey Barton swoop after midfielder's Newcastle United contract talks break down

HAMBURG have been alerted by Joey Barton’s contract talks breaking down at Newcastle United.

And the Bundesliga outfit is ready to give the midfielder the chance of a new start in Germany.

Barton’s first choice would be to stay at St James’ Park, but at this stage of his career he would not be against a move to Europe.

Hotline revealed on February 6 that Barton, 28, was set to put his contract talks on hold because he wanted to see whether the £35million Andy Carroll money is going to be spent on new players.

Now those talks have broken down completely with the Tynesiders offering only a two-year contract and Barton holding out for a longer-term deal.

Denial

Negotiations are unlikely to be resumed until the end of the season and Barton knows that what is on the table now, might not be there in the summer.

Toon boss Alan Pardew was forced to issue a denial on Friday after reports suggested that Barton – who missed yesterday’s home defeat to Everton with a thigh injury – refused to play against Bolton last weekend.

Pardew is chasing Marseille’s Nigerian left-back Taye Taiwo, as he looks for a replacement for Jose Enrique, who is set to join AC MILAN in the summer. Taiwo will soon be a free agent and plans to leave in the summer.

LIVERPOOL have put Enrique and Taiwo, both 25, on their list of possible targets. But with the Spaniard preferring a switch to Italy, Taiwo could well end up with a choice of Premier League moves with TOTTENHAM also keen.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/03/06/hamburg-plot-joey-barton-swoop-after-midfielder-s-newcastle-united-contract-talks-break-down-102039-22968263/

He would have been on thne right, meaning Simo would have been at RB, meaning that Taylor wouldn't have been at RB, meaning that we would have actualy had a RB who knows that his job is not to be running towards the f***ing penalty spot leaving the left winger with about 40 yards of space.

You do have a point.

and yet many have had a go at simpson this season for backing off far too much, largely due to often being left isolated by barton. yes barton puts a shift in but the weakest part of his game is the defensive partnership with his full back, it's then he still looks like he's playing out of position.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Barton will sign a new contract, and Jose won't- That's pretty much how I see it going this summer.

You do have a point.

and yet many have had a go at simpson this season for backing off far too much, largely due to often being left isolated by barton. yes barton puts a shift in but the weakest part of his game is the defensive partnership with his full back, it's then he still looks like he's playing out of position.

Taylor never backed off, he was just in the wring possission all together leading up to Arteta recieving the ball. Was poor defensive play all round like, not just Taylor.

Barton will sign a new contract, and Jose won't- That's pretty much how I see it going this summer.

Fair prediction. Do you think we'll sell Jose in the summer or let him go on a free?

I think we'll sell him. Imo LB is not the most difficult position to find a decent replacement. We're much more dependent on Barton. He's been out for 5 games now and if I remember correctly we've not won one game with him on the sidelines.

You do have a point.

Taylor never backed off, he was just in the wring possission all together leading up to Arteta recieving the ball. Was poor defensive play all round like, not just Taylor.

He never backed off? Are you kidding? There were several occasions where he backed off so much that he was nearly in the stadium's toilets.

Fair prediction. Do you think we'll sell Jose in the summer or let him go on a free?

I think we'll sell him. Imo LB is not the most difficult position to find a decent replacement. We're much more dependent on Barton. He's been out for 5 games now and if I remember correctly we've not won one game with him on the sidelines.

Agree. Barton's been out for 6 games, though. No wins in those 6 and the two shit performances against Bolton (a) and WBA (a).

I was quite clearly talking about the goal like

So was I. That was one of the several occasions where he backed off too much... Simpson was as much at fault for just jogging back when he could see that Osman was in acres like.

Guest michaelfoster

Why would we let him go for free when his contract doesnt expire till june 2012

Agree. Barton's been out for 6 games, though. No wins in those 6 and the two s*** performances against Bolton (a) and WBA (a).

Six games? f*** me! Without Barton we have no distribution central. Finding a similar midfielder  that is able to handle the knocks and tempo of PL without losing the ability to distribute balls is difficult and if we find him it is likely that he will  cost  a shitload of money. Together with Colo and Tiote, our most valuable player imo.

So was I. That was one of the several occasions where he backed off too much... Simpson was as much at fault for just jogging back when he could see that Osman was in acres like.

are you talking about him backing off from osman here or arteta? Because he was pretty much sprinting backwards away from Osman, he couodn't have doen much more once Arteta got the ball withought leaving himself exposed , but Arteta shouldnt have been able to recieve the ball as easily as he did.

Backing off wasn't as much of a problem as being 30 yards out of position like.

That was horrid from Taylor, he was actually in position when Arteta started running towards the box and when he was about 20 yards away from it, Taylor looks up at him and runs away from Arteta towards the middle of the box where the centrebacks were and left the entire wing open.