Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

No idea why he will want to do that but I wouldn't be surprised if they manipulate the media to discredit Barton if contract negotiations don't go their way in the summer. as they did with Steven Taylor (even if most agree he doesn't deserve a pay hike). Same goes for Enrique.

The question is why he's chosen to publicise these rumours. Or make them up, if there really weren't any seeing I can't see what he could have been aware of that none of us have known about.

He's hardly likely to have made them up. More likely some journo has asked him about the rumours and he wants to nail them early.

No idea why he will want to do that but I wouldn't be surprised if they manipulate the media to discredit Barton if contract negotiations don't go their way in the summer. as they did with Steven Taylor (even if most agree he doesn't deserve a pay hike). Same goes for Enrique.

Did they manipulate the media over Taylor? Have you got some insider knowledge on that.

The media are always out for a story, I doubt they needed Mike Ashley's secret spin doctors to get the Taylor negotiations in print.

Did they manipulate the media over Taylor? Have you got some insider knowledge on that.

The media are always out for a story, I doubt they needed Mike Ashley's secret spin doctors to get the Taylor negotiations in print.

Well yes, I don't think Taylor's people (his father mainly) have ever been slow to play the PR game themselves.

I'm not itk but how else will you explain the wages being mentioned? Unless either party leaks it out we will never get clearcut figures like the 40k and 60k per week being mentioned. And it's to no advantage to Steven Taylor if such specific details leak out.

I'm not itk but how else will you explain the wages being mentioned? Unless either party leaks it out we will never get clearcut figures like the 40k and 60k per week being mentioned. And it's to no advantage to Steven Taylor if such specific details leak out.

Well someone might leak it, or a reporter might weedle it out... I just doubt it's some sort of orchestrated spin campaign. I honestly don't think Ashley can be bothered with that.

Well someone might leak it, or a reporter might weedle it out... I just doubt it's some sort of orchestrated spin campaign. I honestly don't think Ashley can be bothered with that.

Not a 'Ashley hater' but never say never with that man. As long as the ends justifies the means, he'll do anything.

It says in the article that it was not the nationals who were speculating that he had refused to play therefore implying it was local.  If that was the case, everyone would be gossiping about it all over Tyneside and I've not heard anything until those quotes appeared today. 

Anyway, didn't Barton sit on the bench last weekend which he wouldn't have done if there had been a falling out.

It's just the Barton factor kicking in. On saturday me and my mates were saying there is always a chance with Joey that the kitman has given him a pair of shorts with creases in and he's gone off on one. Whilst i'm 99% sure I believe that hes injured because of who he is there is always that doubt in my mind. A journalist thinking along the same lines has probably just put it to Pardew and he has responded.

The question is why he's chosen to publicise these rumours. Or make them up, if there really weren't any seeing I can't see what he could have been aware of that none of us have known about.

He's hardly likely to have made them up. More likely some journo has asked him about the rumours and he wants to nail them early.

Going on his quotes it would presumably be a local journalist though, and there's not much they think without publishing snide allusions over and/or without having ordinary people put it in their heads in the first place, so it goes back to "how could we have no cognisance of what he's on about?".

Actually, I see Wallace has basically made this point.

Guest toonlass

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#Nufc Whispers of a strike for Joey Barton, really, can the lad not even get injured in peace?

Lee Ryder obviously thinks the strike talks are a load of bollocks too.

Guest michaelfoster

Hopefully and probably not true.

If it comes out it is true then he should be told to f**k off and start looking for another club, and dock him a few weeks wages

he was on the teamsheet ffs, got injured in the warmup.. the commentators on tele saw him pull up and then go back in early

this.

At the match when the teams lined and were about to kick off the tannoy announced a late change withdrawing Barton from the team.

Clearly he faked the injury in the Bolton warm up, unfront of the cameras/commentators etc, in an elaborate plan to miss the game against his beloved Everton. Would have been too suspisious if he pulled up before the game itself, but it seems the itk's have cottoned on to his dasterdly deeds. The swine.

big miss again today

He was a miss but we did enough to score more than 1 goal so I don't know if he would have donw enough to change the result.

Put even better balls into the box?  Helped us to keep possession?  Give us a bit of protection on the right?  Do a 'Nolan' and just organise the team.

He would have been on thne right, meaning Simo would have been at RB, meaning that Taylor wouldn't have been at RB, meaning that we would have actualy had a RB who knows that his job is not to be running towards the fucking penalty spot leaving the left winger with about 40 yards of space.

big miss again today

He was a miss but we did enough to score more than 1 goal so I don't know if he would have donw enough to change the result.

Put even better balls into the box?  Helped us to keep possession?  Give us a bit of protection on the right?  Do a 'Nolan' and just organise the team.

And keeping Taylor out of the team or Simpson away from right wing.