Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Savage dresses like a German. In 1986.

He has to be regretting turning down Vancouver seeing as the offers aren't so forthcoming.

He has to be regretting turning down Toronto seeing as the offers aren't so forthcoming.

Why leave your young family to play in some relatively poor league for 6-12 months when you can retire as club captain at a biggish club and work on your media career? Not like he'll need to money or it'd be much better in Canada than it will be working for the BBC.

Personally, as much as I agree with a lot of what he comes out with, I'd be tempted to keep as low a profile as possible if I were him.

I heard someone talking about this on the radio on the way home from the match, and found it hard to disagree.

They were saying that, whilst Barton had a point with a lot of the things he said - in fact, it was hard to disagree with him - there was never going to be any positive outcome for him from saying them when he did.

For all the talk - which is true - that these comments get far more adverse attention because he's Joey Barton, he himself more than anyone should be acutely aware of that, and therefore of the wisdom of making comments like this.

I'd go along with that. He's clearly not a thick bloke and has enough between the ears to guage the reaction of Joe Public to what he says. If he wants to give interviews and raise his profile in the media then that's his prerogative and I'd always back him 100% on speaking his mind.

Doesn't always make it the right decision though. I'd be telling him to treat the media with the contempt they deserve. 

Guest Heneage

He has to be regretting turning down Toronto seeing as the offers aren't so forthcoming.

Why leave your young family to play in some relatively poor league for 6-12 months when you can retire as club captain at a biggish club and work on your media career? Not like he'll need to money or it'd be much better in Canada than it will be working for the BBC.

That would be good if he'd said he would retire. He hasn't and has in fact made suggestions he wants to continue playing. The fact him and Lawro chose to just analyze today without little mention for his form the rest of the season highlights the amateurish punditry in this country.

That would be good if he'd said he would retire. He hasn't and has in fact made suggestions he wants to continue playing. The fact him and Lawro chose to just analyze today without little mention for his form the rest of the season highlights the amateurish punditry in this country.

He wants to sue the BBC for printing these lies then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9383048.stm

I've got no sympathy with the treatment he is getting from the pundits. When you declare yourself as the best English midfielder (not just I deserve a chance for England) and run down other colleagues, you're actions are always gonna be scrutinized and words come back to haunt you. A lot of people were pleased with his honest and 'intelligent' interview, not me. I know it's never gonna happen, but I would rather Joey shut up and let his game do the talking.

Guest Heneage

He wants to sue the BBC for printing these lies then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9383048.stm

:lol:

He has made differing remarks on 606. But I'm happy to concede this one.

Very poor performance yesterday (riled up more than anything, as people have said) from a player who has otherwise been one of your best this year.

His comments in the press didn't help him but that's who he is.

To be honest hes the one who's brung all of this attention to himself with his comments in the press , if you come out with comments like he did its got be expected to get criticism back.

Ahhh man, haven't heard that word since year 8.

It might be a coincidence, but the two times he has captained the side (Villa and Spurs) he's been one of the worst players on the pitch.  In both games he was too preoccupied in trying to wind others up, play every position on the pitch, bollock team mates for nothing in particular and try and ref the game himself.  Got to love his fight and detrmination, but he needs to tone it down.

I'm a massive fan of Joey, met him at Newmarket races and he 'seemed' like a stand up guy, didn't punch me or owt.  However, if he carries on like he did yesterday against Man U he won't last 90 minutes.

It might be a coincidence, but the two times he has captained the side (Villa and Spurs) he's been one of the worst players on the pitch.  In both games he was too preoccupied in trying to wind others up, play every position on the pitch, bollock team mates for nothing in particular and try and ref the game himself.  Got to love his fight and detrmination, but he needs to tone it down.

I'm a massive fan of Joey, met him at Newmarket races and he 'seemed' like a stand up guy, didn't punch me or owt.  However, if he carries on like he did yesterday against Man U he won't last 90 minutes.

:lol:

Didn't punch me or owt :lol:

I think it's pretty much been proven not to give him the captaincy. He's been a great player for us this season, but it does just seem like a bit too much spotlight for him.

Guest michaelfoster

He gave away a silly freekick for the goal yesterday, spent all afternoon running his mouth to the referee, normal service has been resumed by Joey

Yes, after one bad game.

He was trying to do the right things but got caught in possession a lot as a result. Really should learn to keep his mouth shut because he's just ended up putting his foot in it big time. While he didn't have a great game, I think he ended up trying to hard to be everywhere. Him and Guthrie just didn't work well enough as a pair.

He gave away a silly freekick for the goal yesterday, spent all afternoon running his mouth to the referee, normal service has been resumed by Joey

Honestly, man. :lol:

I can't work out if you lot are lacking any sort of convcition or just completely and utterly thick.

I can't work out if you lot are lacking any sort of convcition or just completely and utterly thick.

I agree with Ronaldo!

:celb:

Guest michaelfoster

Pot calling the kettle black there Ronaldo

He's had one good season in the premier league, we stood by him when he was going to court every other month for various things, for the first few years at NUFC he was a total waste of space due to his own stupidity. I meant normal service has been resumed as for the majority of his time here he has done absoloutly nowt.

He's had one good season in the premier league, we stood by him when he was going to court every other month for various things, for the first few years at NUFC he was a total waste of space due to his own stupidity. I meant normal service has been resumed as for the majority of his time here he has done absoloutly nowt.

How can you come to the opinion that "normal service resumed" though after 1 game? :lol:

Guest toonlass

The injuries he suffered weren't his fault, and while he was a damned disgrace in getting himself locked up, he could hardly ask to be released on tag to play each week could he? How long does he have to go before he proves to people like you, who I'm sure have never made a mistake in your life, that he has made significant changes? He has kept his nose clean since getting out of prison off the field, the tackle on Xabi Alonso was rash, but if it had not been Joey Barton it is arguable if the player would have been sent off.

He has only been at Newcastle since July 2007, he was in prison from January to July 2008. How does that equate to "for the first few years at NUFC he was a total waste of space due to his own stupidity"? Get over what he has done in previous seasons, forget about his injury problems and concentrate on what he does on the pitch now. Without him in our side we would be considerably weaker than what we already are.