Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

to ian and bottled dog: it's less of contradictions but more of him saying one thing and another happening as everything is clearly so outwith his control

the puppet analogy is perfect from what i can see

carroll is an obvious example, i'm sure if you look hard enough he'll have been waxing lyrical about signing barton on an extended contract and now that's falling apart (possibly)

i don't think he's lying, or being intentionally deceptive or anything like that, but i think that he's starting out by advertising what he thinks, is told, and expects to happen (keep carroll) and then his paymasters pull the rug out from under him

I honestly do wish he wouldn't say things like "closing in on a player" or "60-40". It makes him sound like kinnear and those deals never, ever come off.

aye, and this too, precisely - i don't think it's his fault or anything he probably thinks things will go the way he wants and expects

to ian and bottled dog: it's less of contradictions but more of him saying one thing and another happening as everything is clearly so outwith his control

the puppet analogy is perfect from what i can see

carroll is an obvious example, i'm sure if you look hard enough he'll have been waxing lyrical about signing barton on an extended contract and now that's falling apart (possibly)

i don't think he's lying, or being intentionally deceptive or anything like that, but i think that he's starting out by advertising what he thinks, is told, and expects to happen (keep carroll) and then his paymasters pull the rug out from under him

Well if that's true, the only way to avoid it is to say nothing at all. Which I just don't think Pardew is the sort of person to do, he's too open and friendly with the press for that.

Well if that's true, the only way to avoid it is to say nothing at all. Which I just don't think Pardew is the sort of person to do, he's too open and friendly with the press for that.

correct, wasn't that one of golfmags chelps that pardew was more media friendly?  the more pardew keeps everyone entertained with wishful thinking and hope about signings the more distracted everyone is from the fact that we won't actually make any (enough)  good ones

smoke & mirrors 101 tbh

hughton stonewalling people on transfers the entire summer just raises interest and awareness imo, if pardew is talking people assume good things are gonna happen :thup:

correct, wasn't that one of golfmags chelps that pardew was more media friendly?  the more pardew keeps everyone entertained with wishful thinking and hope about signings the more distracted everyone is from the fact that we won't actually make any (enough)  good ones

smoke & mirrors 101 tbh

hughton stonewalling people on transfers the entire summer just raises interest and awareness imo, if pardew is talking people assume good things are gonna happen :thup:

Well maybe, but that remains to be seen. The transfer window hasn't even opened yet, let alone finished.

FWIW I don't think Pardew is playing the press in any planned way, or trying to distract anyone from the truth. He's just answering questions in the way he thinks best.

If everyone knows that Pardew isn't in control of the club and what happens (and no manager ever is - managers don't run clubs) - why do people get their knickers in a twist about his statements?

What is he meant to say?  Nothing?  Tell the whole truth?  It's naive to think that Pardew is any different from any other manager.  He does what he is told as an employee of the club.

If everyone knows that Pardew isn't in control of the club and what happens (and no manager ever is - managers don't run clubs) - why do people get their knickers in a twist about his statements?

What is he meant to say?  Nothing?  Tell the whole truth?  It's naive to think that Pardew is any different from any other manager.  He does what he is told as an employee of the club.

I've been saying this for months, as with Ashley the media statements and answers to questions thing is basically a non-issue.

Shame he's into that music really. I was expecting he'd be into something a bit more manly.

Like what for example?

wrestling music I'm guessing.

Wrestling music is as pretty generic term.  Might as well have said 'music that you can hear'.

I was just thinking something heavier and more bad ass, like Crowbar or Lamb of God or something.

ok then, "the type of music you would expect to hear at wrestiling".

erm aye, the assumption is that the puppet masters above him are deliberately having him mislead with what he says

and yeah it's no different to other clubs except other clubs seems to be interested in progressing themselves on the pitch when they can, the esteemed mr. ashley less so

erm aye, the assumption is that the puppet masters above him are deliberately having him mislead with what he says

and yeah it's no different to other clubs except other clubs seems to be interested in progressing themselves on the pitch when they can, the esteemed mr. ashley less so

If your assumption is correct and Ashley and co are trying to mislead us all - what do you suggest Pardew does?  Should he ignore the instructions of his employers and risk being fired?  I don't quite see what Pardew can do or can be realistically expected to do.  Anyway - it's hardly as if football managers as a breed have a reputation for speaking only the truth.

It's the nature of the job - stick a microphone in front of someone for 1 hour every single day and they are bound to say things they don't mean, that get taken out of context etc etc.

i haven't really criticised pardew or suggested he do/say anything else, i just agreed with this

Pardew has managed to contradict himself for about the 200th time in his short spell as our manager.  Nowt but a puppet, becoming more and more obvious!

heres a picture of Joey kissing a horse.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg618/scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=jfpwy.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

"hey horse, you seen the Godfather?"

Guest Roger Kint

His horse is running in the first at Newmarket today, canny dwarf up top and decent 6/1 price.

Guest Roger Kint

His horse is running in the first at Newmarket today, canny dwarf up top and decent 6/1 price.

Bellamy?

???

Shame he's into that music really. I was expecting he'd be into something a bit more manly.

Like what for example?

wrestling music I'm guessing.

Wrestling music is as pretty generic term.  Might as well have said 'music that you can hear'.

I was just thinking something heavier and more bad ass, like Crowbar or Lamb of God or something.

Lamb of God? Manly music? :spit:

heres a picture of Joey kissing a horse.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg618/scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=jfpwy.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

"hey horse, you seen the Godfather?"

Isn't that Sunderlands new away top his horse is wearing?  :dave:

Guest Roger Kint

Bellamy?

???

Canny Dwarf up top

Ahh got you, my mind went blank there thinking you meant the name of the horse ha

Can't believe people are having a go at him for liking The Smiths. :lol: At least he doesn't go around wearing massive headphones and listening to shite RnB. I bloody love The Smiths.

I met Barton in Gotham a few months ago, he was drinking Red Bull. I'm glad he's into that kind of music.