Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

from what i understand from all the quotes so far is, everything was agreed by both parties including the wage, clauses and bonuses,. but it was the length of the contract that was the stumbling block.

why can't barton just accept that length that was offered, come towards the end of that said contract he can then discuss for a new one , like a year add on and such and such, 

he's been going on about how much he loves it here, so what's his problem?    :dowie:

The problem is that his agent is a cunt

Guest young master

Barton told NUFC TV: "As far as I'm aware, I had agreed in principle to sign a deal. I want to stay at this club – I have stated that on numerous occasions.

Anyone get the idea is that the club has taken umbrage towards barton's delay and almost ransom.

im not talking about money, I think the club is annoyed that the player is trying to hold power on what the club's transfer policy entails.

Everything was sound and everything were agreed then came the carroll sale ,  and players then starting to delay contract renewal.

Im guessing the club is suspicious on whether the players are genuinely concerned about our transfer policy or that the players more worried with their own financial well-being, i.e , running their contract down to get bigger sign on fees to new clubs etc etc.

Guest young master

from what i understand from all the quotes so far is, everything was agreed by both parties including the wage, clauses and bonuses,. but it was the length of the contract that was the stumbling block.

why can't barton just accept that length that was offered, come towards the end of that said contract he can then discuss for a new one , like a year add on and such and such,  

he's been going on about how much he loves it here, so what's his problem?    :dowie:

The problem is that his agent is a c***

i agree willie is a cock but at the end of the day.  Players employ agents not the otherway round.  If barton really wants to stay he can tell his agent exactly what he wants.

Guest toonlass

Sounds to me like Barton's agent turned up to talk about the new contract and was told there was no new deal. I don't think it's good that we have decent players who want to stay at the club, who have said they will take a cut in wages to stay (how many greedy bastard footballers do that?) and the club has said "He wouldn't sign in January, tough tits!"

Sounds to me like Barton's agent turned up to talk about the new contract and was told there was no new deal. I don't think it's good that we have decent players who want to stay at the club, who have said they will take a cut in wages to stay (how many greedy b****** footballers do that?) and the club has said "He wouldn't sign in January, tough tits!"

No new deal, or same offer on the table stands, which they wouldn't agree to.

Guest young master

Sounds to me like Barton's agent turned up to talk about the new contract and was told there was no new deal. I don't think it's good that we have decent players who want to stay at the club, who have said they will take a cut in wages to stay (how many greedy b****** footballers do that?) and the club has said "He wouldn't sign in January, tough tits!"

the club is playing hard ball and being tough.  thats what this is about. they dont want to be pushed about by players that think they can dictate our transfer policy.

They Saying "her you sign this muderfukka or we take it away"  

Thats the whole reason in withdrawing the contract, because the club knows if they let this go on ,the rest of the players such as Nolan will do the same thing like barton.  This withdrawal was almost like a warning by mike ashley, almost like he's pulling his trousers down and saying "hey im the big daddy here".

It's like the art of war in contract negotiations.  I think somewhere down the line after the club has signed a few good players,  barton and such players will agree and sign new contracts.  Im convinced of it.   this is all politics at the moment.  its good to watch.

the club is playing hard ball and being tough.  thats what this is about. they dont want to be pushed about by players that think they can dictate our transfer policy.

Thats the whole reason in withdrawing the contract, because the club knows if they let this go on ,the rest of the players such as Nolan will do the same thing like barton.  This withdrawal was almost like a warning by mike ashley, almost like he's pulling his trousers down and saying "hey im the big daddy here".

It's like the art of war in contract negotiations.  I think somewhere down the line after the club has signed a few good players,  barton and such players will agree and sign new contracts.  Im convinced of it.  this is all politics at the moment.  its good to watch.

Are you really a Toon fan?

I ask because it's good to watch the club's board and one of it's best three players go head to head if you're a fan of another club, or don't follow football and you're doing a case study for Business School, or if you are bloody minded and enjoy watching big-dicked alpha-males clash heads knowing one of them is going to get a bloody nose.

But for me, and I imagine most Toon fans, it's excruciating watching Barton's negotiations break down so publically. There's right and wrong on both sides, but that doesn't need to be spelt out on the bloody BBC website. Brinkmanship is playing chicken - and in this case no matter who blinks we, as fans, lose...

Guest young master

the club is playing hard ball and being tough.  thats what this is about. they dont want to be pushed about by players that think they can dictate our transfer policy.

Thats the whole reason in withdrawing the contract, because the club knows if they let this go on ,the rest of the players such as Nolan will do the same thing like barton.  This withdrawal was almost like a warning by mike ashley, almost like he's pulling his trousers down and saying "hey im the big daddy here".

It's like the art of war in contract negotiations.  I think somewhere down the line after the club has signed a few good players,  barton and such players will agree and sign new contracts.  Im convinced of it.  this is all politics at the moment.  its good to watch.

Are you really a Toon fan?

I ask because it's good to watch the club's board and one of it's best three players go head to head if you're a fan of another club, or don't follow football and you're doing a case study for Business School, or if you are bloody minded and enjoy watching big-dicked alpha-males clash heads knowing one of them is going to get a bloody nose.

But for me, and I imagine most Toon fans, it's excruciating watching Barton's negotiations break down so publically. There's right and wrong on both sides, but that doesn't need to be spelt out on the bloody BBC website. Brinkmanship is playing chicken - and in this case no matter who blinks we, as fans, lose...

settle down

i think you're getting emotional.  this isnt new, players and clubs dicking about with contracts.  like i said im convinced barton will sign.  have you not seen enough nufc business done in public before?  this is what makes us the soap opera of football clubs,  if nothing ever gets out we won't ever have anything to talk about. 

a) we don't know what he's been offered

b) we don't know what he's holding out for

c) purely my opinion but barton wanting to take on all comers via twitter will end up with him coming off worse.

Couldn't agree more. All said and done the only question really is what is Barton fighting for?

One thing I'm sure of is he won't walk away from it, he would rather be run over by a tank than back down. Wether that position he takes is based on a legitimate complaint or a psychological aberration will have no bearing.

It's a mess that won't go away.

Unfortunately, it has to go away, one way or another. If he won't join another club, he'll have to go on gardening leave. He's basically declared war on his employer, trying to use the support of fans to back himself up. There's no sign of a change of owner, so he's the one that will have to go. Whether he already realises that, I don't know. If he hangs around, there's a danger that he's going to poison the atmosphere in the dressing room.

He's an intelligent bloke, but unfortunately far too self-centred to see the bigger picture.

what makes you think he's an intelligent bloke ? he's admitted some of his failings, that doesn't make him intelligent and his fuck ups  are more often more than just passion.

He does come across as more intelligent than many footballers, but everything is relative. In the grand scale of things I would hesitate to proclaim him a genius.

FWIW, he got five B's and five C's at GCSE. Better than most, I'd imagine.

a) we don't know what he's been offered

b) we don't know what he's holding out for

c) purely my opinion but barton wanting to take on all comers via twitter will end up with him coming off worse.

Couldn't agree more. All said and done the only question really is what is Barton fighting for?

One thing I'm sure of is he won't walk away from it, he would rather be run over by a tank than back down. Wether that position he takes is based on a legitimate complaint or a psychological aberration will have no bearing.

It's a mess that won't go away.

Unfortunately, it has to go away, one way or another. If he won't join another club, he'll have to go on gardening leave. He's basically declared war on his employer, trying to use the support of fans to back himself up. There's no sign of a change of owner, so he's the one that will have to go. Whether he already realises that, I don't know. If he hangs around, there's a danger that he's going to poison the atmosphere in the dressing room.

He's an intelligent bloke, but unfortunately far too self-centred to see the bigger picture.

what makes you think he's an intelligent bloke ? he's admitted some of his failings, that doesn't make him intelligent and his fuck ups  are more often more than just passion.

He does come across as more intelligent than many footballers, but everything is relative. In the grand scale of things I would hesitate to proclaim him a genius.

FWIW, he got five B's and five C's at GCSE. Better than most, I'd imagine.

Swap one of his B's for an A and thats what I got, and i'm a fucking spacker.

If true then it's clear Cabaye is a straight replacement you'd imagine. Least it's like for like and a good quality replacement this time.

Guest Heneage

Ignoring the blame game for a second it would be sad to see him go. He's finally clicked here and been a good player this year.