Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9677/gamstcuntersen.jpg

If I was playing footy, the play was stopped and I'm running towards the crowd and someone knowingly tries to push me over I'd have punched their face tbh. I've a feeling it's similar to McCarthy telling Henry to go after Barton except this time Barton's fuse was lit.

Did Shearer actually strike Keane before he took a swing?

Pedersen struck Barton with an elbow and Barton retaliated, bad move on Bartons part, but as many times as he been kicked and elbowed by the opposition this year he was going to react at some point, any normal man would.

but fuck it lets just ban Barton for life

Stuff like that is part of the game man ffs - if the ref doesn't spot it so you retaliate and punch someone then you're a fucking moron.

I give my dad worse when I walk past him through the corridor. It was nowt. It was still wrong, like.

It's not close to being on the same level as a nasty tackle though. In my opinion.

this^ it's just visably more violent and therefor brings more of a reaction. same goes with leading with an elbow etc

Guest VegasToon

I give my dad worse when I walk past him through the corridor. It was nowt. It was still wrong, like.

It's not close to being on the same level as a nasty tackle though. In my opinion.

this^ it's just visably more violent and therefor brings more of a reaction. same goes with leading with an elbow etc

+1

I just watched it over and over on replay. 

If the referee didn't see this then the FA can't do anything.

At least that's what they told us when De Jong gave Ben Arfa a double leg break.

No, it was not what they told us. What they told us what that they couldn't do anything because the ref had seen it.

At least that's what they told us when De Jong gave Ben Arfa a double leg break.

Oh dear.

No, it was not what they told us. What they told us what that they couldn't do anything because the ref had seen it.

Ah, that clears it up. My mistake!

Gamst Pedersen blogs about the incident:

Stig: What happened between you and Joey Barton?

Morten: You saw what happened. Need not say more.

Stig: Come on, save it. What happened?

Morten: Seriously, you saw what happened. We crashed, or I go into him and was just to turn to say sorry, and he just lashed out a punch in my stomach. I was very surprised and lost my breath a bit. No big deal

Stig: Will you report the incident?

Morten: Of course not. It happend in the heat of battle, and it was over when the match was over. This is nothing. And it will certainly not overshadow the amazing performance of the match. Joey Barton is a fantastic football player, and that’s what we do. He has not achieved anything with this, and I don’t either by whining about it after the game

Stig: So no sour messages or revenge in the next game?

Morten: He he, no no, me and Joey have nothing unsettled. I’ll even invite him to dinner next time he is in Manchester. As I said, let’s put this case dead.

Also said about the 5-4-1 formation: "We did not come here to entertain."

Well, duh.

Gamst Pedersen blogs about the incident:

Stig: What happened between you and Joey Barton?

Morten: You saw what happened. Need not say more.

Stig: Come on, save it. What happened?

Morten: Seriously, you saw what happened. We crashed, or I go into him and was just to turn to say sorry, and he just lashed out a punch in my stomach. I was very surprised and lost my breath a bit. No big deal

Stig: Will you report the incident?

Morten: Of course not. It happend in the heat of battle, and it was over when the match was over. This is nothing. And it will certainly not overshadow the amazing performance of the match. Joey Barton is a fantastic football player, and that’s what we do. He has not achieved anything with this, and I don’t either by whining about it after the game

Stig: So no sour messages or revenge in the next game?

Morten: He he, no no, me and Joey have nothing unsettled. I’ll even invite him to dinner next time he is in Manchester. As I said, let’s put this case dead.

Also said about the 5-4-1 formation: "We did not come here to entertain."

Well, duh.

But, but. Joey's the antichrist! :lol:

It was a bit silly by Barton, but lot's of little niggly things like that happen in football, it doesn't mean Barton is satan. For me it was like the sort of thing that happens throughout a Rugby game or even a game of amateur football... just a slightly dirty player trying to unsettle his opponent.

If on this occasion he is spotted and gets a ban, fair enough, but I don't think we need to worry about it beyond that TBH.

Guest Roger Kint

:thup: to Pedersen for that attitude. A few could learn something from it.

Yeah kudos for the bloke for throwing himself to the deck like he was hit with a Hayemaker as long as he isnt looking for further action.