Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its not a persecution complex, its about wanting consistancy. Rodallega recieved no punishment for his elbow or headbutt much the same as Fellaini got away with two incidents where he attempted to deliberately injure an opponent.

Where am I saying Barton shouldn't have been punished? I am merely stating that other players should also be punished retrospectively.

What a bag of shit.  An idiotic thing for him to do but so far this season the referees have made it clear that you can kick him up a height and get away with it, and sometimes it is that small incident that will finally make you snap in the face of constant provocation.

When you step onto the football pitch you are governed by the same set of rules, but this is not the case with this one player and the media help them get away with it as any incident against him is either glossed over as 'it's only Joey Barton and he deserves it' or blown out of proportion due to his reputation.

Well he was not booked for it so it will be looked at and a ban given.. had he been booked it would have been 1 game out anyway as it would have been his 5th yellow.

Shame though had he been booked for it would have been a right old let off.

What a bag of s***.  An idiotic thing for him to do but so far this season the referees have made it clear that you can kick him up a height and get away with it, and sometimes it is that small incident that will finally make you snap in the face of constant provocation.

When you step onto the football pitch you are governed by the same set of rules, but this is not the case with this one player and the media help them get away with it as any incident against him is either glossed over as 'it's only Joey Barton and he deserves it' or blown out of proportion due to his reputation.

If he can't clash shoulders with someone without hitting them in the chest then he's clearly unstable.

What a bag of s***.  An idiotic thing for him to do but so far this season the referees have made it clear that you can kick him up a height and get away with it, and sometimes it is that small incident that will finally make you snap in the face of constant provocation.

If he can't clash shoulders with someone without hitting them in the chest then he's clearly unstable.

There had to be more to it than that.. he went through hell at Wolves and took it.

Pedersen has gone up in my estimation with his comments after the match.

Joey however lashed out over nothing, something similar he did to Dunne against Villa going for a corner IIRC, so deserves to be hit with a ban unfortunately. If we get away with it great, if not he has to take it on the chin and in the pocket while making sure lapses like this don't happen again.

He's made remarkable strides both on and off the pitch in the last year or so, I'm not going to crucify him for this after all the punishment he's taken from players and biased refs, however if there was one incident to highlight the injustices against him, it certainly wasn't a tiny shoulder clash.

There had to be more to it than that.. he went through hell at Wolves and took it.

This was a much more frustrating game from a footballing perspective, if not in terms of the physical side though.  Even if he was provoked, even if Gamst went down easy, it was a fucking stupid thing to do, what does it achieve? Make him feel better?  Gamst wont even have a bruise, Barton's back in he papers, we're looking at losing a player through a ban, brings him back into the spotlight and makes him once again likely to be the target of harsh bookings because of who he is.  Oh well, at least he got some of his frustration out.

Guest hobshobs

Don't know if Pederson said something to Joey on the way past, don't know if there was any previous incident during the game between the two. So don't have a clue why he punched Pedersen. What I do know is if it had been Samba instead of the smallest opposition player on the park, Joey wouldn't have thrown the punch. Pretty cowardly to be honest.

You're one of my favourite NUFC players Joey. Absolutely outstanding so far this season but once again you have to blow it all. Idiot.

Joey however lashed out over nothing, something similar he did to Dunne against Villa going for a corner IIRC, so deserves to be hit with a ban unfortunately. If we get away with it great, if not he has to take it on the chin and in the pocket while making sure lapses like this don't happen again.

He's made remarkable strides both on and off the pitch in the last year or so, I'm not going to crucify him for this after all the punishment he's taken from players and biased refs, however if there was one incident to highlight the injustices against him, it certainly wasn't a tiny shoulder clash.

er...I'm sorry...what? :lol:

He couldn't have looked more like a smug-faced twat. He refused to comment but he had a snide smirk on his face at the time. His face was practically saying "hehe I went down on purpose"

He was excellent against Wolves but it doesn't really count for anything if he's going to keep missing games for doing stupid things like yesterday. He's becoming a liability.

:thup: to Pedersen for that attitude. A few could learn something from it.

Eh. Falling to the ground after a jab in the chest? Then suggesting "its up to the FA to do something not me" Yea gd attitude. I've seen rubgy matches where all of a sudden they start kicking the shit out of each other and they get sent of for that game and thats that. Then theres ice hockey where they only get banned for 5 minutes lol

He couldn't have looked more like a smug-faced twat. He refused to comment but he had a snide smirk on his face at the time. His face was practically saying "hehe I went down on purpose"

He could have easily made a meal of it, he didn't. He's allowed to be smug, he's just wound up Barton over nothing and won that match, roles reversed Barton would be smug as shit.

Very strange that Joey took all the tough tackles off Henry at Molineux but this was what saw him snap.

Does make you wonder what if anything was said?

Suspect there was something building up through the match. As Nolan and Ranger were about to kick off for the second half there were some very heated verbals taking place between them and Pedersen.

He couldn't have looked more like a smug-faced t***. He refused to comment but he had a snide smirk on his face at the time. His face was practically saying "hehe I went down on purpose"

He could have easily made a meal of it, he didn't. He's allowed to be smug, he's just wound up Barton over nothing and won that match, roles reversed Barton would be smug as s***.

And noone would be saying barton has gone up in their estimations

He couldn't have looked more like a smug-faced t***. He refused to comment but he had a snide smirk on his face at the time. His face was practically saying "hehe I went down on purpose"

He could have easily made a meal of it, he didn't. He's allowed to be smug, he's just wound up Barton over nothing and won that match, roles reversed Barton would be smug as s***.

Disagree.

I'm not saying he's not unstable - he clearly has a record of it.  What I am saying is that due to his past he doesn't get treated to the same protection that the rules of the game are supposed to give and has finally cracked, which is what teams have been doing most of the season as they know that they will get away with it.

Disagree.

http://19foster92.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/joey-barton4.jpg?w=319&h=200

You honestly think if this said "Yeah its up to the FA to deal with it not me"

after rolling on the floor from a jab in the chest people would be saying "oh that joey bartons gone up in my estimations" -_-

Petersen's gone up in my estimation too. Raised to about the same  level as a piece of dogshit I once tread in.

Guest Stephen927

Pederson knows he has done something to aggravate Joey Barton because he turns around immediately on the defensive. Like fuck was he saying sorry. :lol:

Barton is an idiot for reacting. It's tough not to no matter what your history, he's got to be the bigger man which is always easier said than done.

Pederson fell on the floor to gain the attention of the referee. That shouldn't be up for debate.