Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest cr4igora

Most clubs don't have a loose cannon like Joey Barton in their team, surrounded in controversy all-year-round.

We're not most clubs, the whole club is surrounded by controversy, not just Barton but carry on living in lala land.

La la land? I agree the whole club is surrounded in controversy, which is why we don't need Barton doing what he's done.

Guest Antec

There was talk on here yesterday about the Rooney/Ferguson and how he fought to keep Rooney.

Ferguson is infamous for getting rid of players who wrong the club in some way. Big players, too. Beckham, Yorke, Stam etc. Even Schmeichel at one point. He'd have sold Barton years ago.

Yes, sold him, not let one of his best players go for free.

and replaced him

I might be even more damaging to let him train with them TBH. I don't know either way, but it's certainly possible.

I am not convinced the squad will be bothered, maybe really they are breathing a sigh of relief, if he really that popular with the others?

What are the basis for these posts, other than pure hope that we are not dealing with this situation in an awful manner?

The basis for mine is that he's quite an unstable and outspoken character, who is now unhappy at the club. Therefore he might well unsettle our players more by training with them than by being made to train alone.

If I was R Kelly and could turn back the hands of time, I would just fine Joey and try to move on, but that's not the situation.

What suggests he's unhappy at the club though? Some tweets alluding to the idea that its not being run well? Supposed stories of frustration at the way we were playing while we lost to leeds?

Compare that to any viewable interaction with the other players & what hes said about staying here. Its not in his benefit anyway to be a negative influence even if he moves on for his career.

There was talk on here yesterday about the Rooney/Ferguson and how he fought to keep Rooney.

Ferguson is infamous for getting rid of players who wrong the club in some way. Big players, too. Beckham, Yorke, Stam etc. Even Schmeichel at one point. He'd have sold Barton years ago.

And got about £6. Ferguson would do what was best for the club and that would be getting rid of Barton, for free if he had to. He fought to keep Rooney because he's one of the only players who he knows he can't replace for a number of reasons.

Guest cr4igora

People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better. He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

People who don't agree with what Barton has done are NOT CLAIMING THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL FFS!! That's nonsense. I don't like who runs our club, I don't like the LARGE majority of the decisions that have been made and I hate the lies we are fed. In this instance however, I believe we have done the right thing. It's just a shame we won't get a fee for him, when he leaves.

So the large amount of shock due to how this has been handled, doesnt suggest to you that there was any other way to deal with this situation?

You think this decision is the least likely to affect club morale (given the current viewable reaction of the players) & the one most likely to bring us success to Newcastle United?

Really ?

If Barton genuinely gave a s*** about the club and the morale of the team, he'd pipe the f*** down. He's out there to boost his own ego and he doesn't have the intelligence to realise what consequences will occur from his actions.

It's a s*** decision. The situation wouldn't come up in most other clubs. You can thank Ashley & co for that.

Most clubs don't have a loose cannon like Joey Barton in their team, surrounded in controversy all-year-round.

Most clubs don't have 4 others openly backing up the so called loose cannon

and years of evidence of a club run by idiots

And got about £6. Ferguson would do what was best for the club and that would be getting rid of Barton, for free if he had to. He fought to keep Rooney because he's one of the only players who he knows he can't replace for a number of reasons.

Ferguson wouldnt have allowed an outspoken lad like Barton onto a public forum like twitter in the first place, because hes not an idiot. He would more likely have stopped the root of any potential issues & kept a solid player. Hes a good manager.

I might be even more damaging to let him train with them TBH. I don't know either way, but it's certainly possible.

I am not convinced the squad will be bothered, maybe really they are breathing a sigh of relief, if he really that popular with the others?

What are the basis for these posts, other than pure hope that we are not dealing with this situation in an awful manner?

The basis for mine is that he's quite an unstable and outspoken character, who is now unhappy at the club. Therefore he might well unsettle our players more by training with them than by being made to train alone.

If I was R Kelly and could turn back the hands of time, I would just fine Joey and try to move on, but that's not the situation.

What suggests he's unhappy at the club though? Some tweets alluding to the idea that its not being run well? Supposed stories of frustration at the way we were playing while we lost to leeds?

Compare that to any viewable interaction with the other players & what hes said about staying here. Its not in his benefit anyway to be a negative influence even if he moves on for his career.

Well if he's not unhappy he's certainly doing a good impression of it.

If I thought he would think logically like you and not cause any problems because it wouldn't be in his interests the I'd agree with you, but if that was the case he wouldn't have done the tweeting in the first place.

I guess what Fergie would or would not have done does not really matter.. whats done here is done, joey has made his bed, my concern is not so much losing Joey but being another squad member down.

If he cared he would not still be tweeting, maybe he should be trying to put things right, is he doing that? no he is not and in my opinion that is because he has got exactly what he wanted.

To let him anywhere near the squad now would be utterly pointless, he is bound to try and cause as much unrest as he can,. I am more interested is backing the players we have thats all that matters now.

What benefit has to had to any of the players keeping quiet about how bad things have been since Ashley took over ? There comes a point when people think they have to do something to force some sort of change. Not just for the good of themselves but also for the good of the team.

What good has came from it ?

Will Ashley now sell up? will fans booing Ashley (again) and singing for Barton have a positive effect on the squad?

He changed nothing apart from his personal circumstances, he told fans nothing they don't already know.

I am not saying the club have mad the right decision, I do not support Ashley in any way but I DO support NUFC and the players that will be here this season, as it stands now Joey Barton will not be one of those players.. thats all that matters to me.

Barton is a player we can't replace for a number of reasons, one being that the transfer window shuts in about a week and another being that there's no obvious replacement available who's in the bargain bin because they've got leprosy, they suffer from a rare medical condition where their feet have been replaced with hands, they're eleven years old, or they've fallen out with their club because of what they've said on twitter and are being allowed to leave on a free.  Wait, there is one player like that, in exactly the situation we'd normally be rubbing our hands about, unfortunately it's Barton himself.

Mike and Derek could kidnap Alan Shearer and Robert Lee, roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge live on NUFCTV and some people would decide that it must have been justified, they were loose cannons and disruptive influences and they were shit anyway.  It's like being in North Korea, anyone who is punished must have been a subversive traitor who hates the club and wants to destroy it from within.

That's it keep your head up your arse while Joey gleefully wrecks the dressing room by ranting at the new players who have replaced his best mate Nolan. When he signs for Spurs you can sing his his name when he turns up at St James on the bench. 

Probably been said, but it seems once again that Ashley not only has the local media in his pocket, but also some of the national media. The local media probably want to keep him sweet, so will watch what they say and I'd imagine that he has mate's in the national press who will look after him too. Didn't one of them used to write for the NotW? Either way, it's a sorry state of affairs when recent history is being revised to get Barton out of the door and also to get NUFC fans to turn against him. What a scummy club we currently support. Makes me ashamed to be a black and white at the moment. :( Even more so than when those knackers ran on the pitch at Darlington the other week - this is far worse.

And again, which quality players are going to come and play for an owner who will stab you in the back at the first available sign of dissent/opportunity?

Ben Arfa, cabaye, Ba, Marveaux?

DUH!

:doh:

Guest bimpy474

Why the feck does everyone keep going on about its wrong to let him go on a free ?

He was leaving on a free anyway at the end of season, no contract being offered and no one wanted to buy him anyway, the teams are only interested in him as he for nothing, with everything thats happened it has got to be the right thing to part ways surely, for the sake of a couple million.

Ferguson wouldnt have allowed an outspoken lad like Barton onto a public forum like twitter in the first place, because hes not an idiot. He would more likely have stopped the root of any potential issues & kept a solid player. Hes a good manager.

He "let" Rooney on. If a player is worth all the constant bother they bring, they are allowed a certain amount of rule bending. Barton is proving why he is not worth the hassle.

Would Fergie allow that kind of player at Man U ? not a chance. Jose was only fined as he spoke out on twitter, I think Joey was on hid way before he started his tweets on Sunday.

Roy Keane, the guy who publicly demanded that the club apologise for what they said to the fans about his renewed contract.  Ferguson didn't force him out when Keane attacked the fans at Old Trafford... oh and not forgetting always, always slagging off his team mates when the team went through a loss of form!

The guy who was sent home from Ireland's World Cup squad?

Walked out you mean?

Why the feck does everyone keep going on about its wrong to let him go on a free ?

He was leaving on a free anyway at the end of season, no contract being offered and no one wanted to buy him anyway, the teams are only interested in him as he for nothing, with everything thats happened it has got to be the right thing to part ways surely, for the sake of a couple million.

Yep, I think the fact he was leaving anyway is a big factor in this whole thing. Sure he would have been handled differently if he'd had 3 years left on his contract.

Barton is a player we can't replace for a number of reasons, one being that the transfer window shuts in about a week and another being that there's no obvious replacement available who's in the bargain bin because they've got leprosy, they suffer from a rare medical condition where their feet have been replaced with hands, they're eleven years old, or they've fallen out with their club because of what they've said on twitter and are being allowed to leave on a free.  Wait, there is one player like that, in exactly the situation we'd normally be rubbing our hands about, unfortunately it's Barton himself.

We can replace Barton. He's had 1 good season in 4. As we've not tried to replace him so far, I'll wait and judge this particular replacement initiative on September 1st.

Guest ovesbar

and replaced him

Sold him? Every club in the world knows that he was put up for sale in may. Noone has put in a bid, maybe there is a reason for that?

I dare anyone of you to go on about your employer in social media like that and see what happens.

And why do most people believe that Barton is such a big part of the team spirit? For me he seems to have had a close connection with Carroll and Nolan, as well as Hughton, but I dont think he is the best person to integrate our new players, especially if he gets angry when Cabaye takes free kicks and so on. Our new french players have said they have heard great things about the club from the likes of Ben Arfa, this does not add up with the views of Barton and Enrique.

Probably been said, but it seems once again that Ashley not only has the local media in his pocket, but also some of the national media. The local media probably want to keep him sweet, so will watch what they say and I'd imagine that he has mate's in the national press who will look after him too. Didn't one of them used to write for the NotW? Either way, it's a sorry state of affairs when recent history is being revised to get Barton out of the door and also to get NUFC fans to turn against him. What a scummy club we currently support. Makes me ashamed to be a black and white at the moment. :( Even more so than when those knackers ran on the pitch at Darlington the other week - this is far worse.

And again, which quality players are going to come and play for an owner who will stab you in the back at the first available sign of dissent/opportunity?

Ben Arfa, cabaye, Ba, Marveaux?

DUH!

:doh:

Most of them unproven in the PL! Ba has onyl played 12 games, ffs. And if they joined on the promise of the club pushing on and showing ambition, what do you think will happen next year when hopefully we've managed to stay clear of relegation (which is looking likely)? They will be off quicker than shit off a shovel.

People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better. He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

People who don't agree with what Barton has done are NOT CLAIMING THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL FFS!! That's nonsense. I don't like who runs our club, I don't like the LARGE majority of the decisions that have been made and I hate the lies we are fed. In this instance however, I believe we have done the right thing. It's just a shame we won't get a fee for him, when he leaves.

So the large amount of shock due to how this has been handled, doesnt suggest to you that there was any other way to deal with this situation?

You think this decision is the least likely to affect club morale (given the current viewable reaction of the players) & the one most likely to bring us success to Newcastle United?

Really ?

If Barton genuinely gave a s*** about the club and the morale of the team, he'd pipe the f*** down. He's out there to boost his own ego and he doesn't have the intelligence to realise what consequences his actions will cause.

Is how you're choosing to see it. Given his history as quite a driven & affected player, its perhaps more likely that he was talking out frustration given that we'd just lost to leeds & played pretty poorly.

His twitter comments would have been forgotten about in about 3 days & is no excuse for those in charge making a decision which would then affect the morale of the team in a much worse manner. Which is what you're trying to claim was the right thing to do.

Especially since the reports coming out confirm that he's going to stay here to cause trouble only. Right from his initial sarcastic "welcome" to the arrival of Cabaye and now apparently targeting him for a tongue lashing his sabotage campaign should be apparent to even the most blinkered Ashley haters. Of course the cunt's being made to train alone, why would you allow him to spread his revenge inspired poison to the rest of the camp?

Barton is a player we can't replace for a number of reasons, one being that the transfer window shuts in about a week and another being that there's no obvious replacement available who's in the bargain bin because they've got leprosy, they suffer from a rare medical condition where their feet have been replaced with hands, they're eleven years old, or they've fallen out with their club because of what they've said on twitter and are being allowed to leave on a free.  Wait, there is one player like that, in exactly the situation we'd normally be rubbing our hands about, unfortunately it's Barton himself.

We can replace Barton. He's had 1 good season in 4. As we've not tried to replace him so far, I'll wait and judge this particular replacement initiative on September 1st.

Yeah, we can replace him.  We could have replaced Carroll as well.  We could replace Enrique.  Unfortunately 'can' and 'will' are words which are very far apart at this club.